OV Windows - Can you actually see out of them?

4merlurker

I had an ocean view once. We could see just fine... Yes, we could see the dead fish on the window ledge just fine. It was there all week.

Left over room service? Poor fishy.

I like aquarium cabins, not just to reduce the movement, but it makes me really feel "on" the water. The higher decks will give a more panoramic view, and more motion (and probably cleaner windows ;))

I took several pictures out of my OV. I also spent some time leaning on the ledge watching the water. I love being closer to it, you can see the flying fish so much better.

It has been so long since I have had that situation..I like it too..it is cozy safe and wild at same time if water is a little rough too..hate roller coasters LOL , but loved that!!! Each situation has pluses!!

Now you know why they're sealed with a big ole rubber gasket!!

I'm fairly sure Deck 2 cabins don't often get that kinda 'treat' unless it's really bad

but those windows are sealed too. You have to wonder why! :D

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=24160

DSC02635a.jpg

Wow not a cruise i would want to be on

Ship hulls flex and bend a little, in larger seas.

It's nothing out of the ordinary.

We were on the Fantasy in pretty rough weather sailing up the Mississippi. There was a lot of creaking, my MIL thought the ship was sinking. LOL

One tip though in case you have rougher weather and this is for everyone, not just the OV cabins. Make sure that you take down any clothes hangers in your closet that are empty or they will bang. I figured it out that the noise was coming from there and took mine down but kept hearing a muffled version of it. My BIL and SIL were in the next cabin and it was theirs that I was hearing. We had to call them.