Oasis of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ Solo Picture Review

mpoole3

Why are so many of your pictures upside down? Oh by the way enjoying your review. We're sailing on the Oasis in May.

For some reason the few pictures that I took from my iPhone/iPad are displaying upside down if you view this review from a iPhone/iPad. Not sure why, because on my MacBook they are posted the correct way.

No worries that's all the iPhone/iPad pictures I took all week. Everything else from Canon 60D.

Day 2 - Nassau, Bahamas:

Lucky us who got an extra hour of cruising, because the clocks rolled back an hour! (Also, an extra hour in Blaze last night, but let's not talk about that) I woke up had the typical breakfast in the Windjammer, with the not so typical view at breakfast. I could have just sit here all day with this kind of view.

IMG_0530_zps22981e8b.jpg

IMG_0532_zpsb8cc846c.jpg

There were five ships in port today - holy cow there was a lot of people in port. The ships were in the order from right: Oasis of the Seas, Norwegian Sky, Carnival Dream, Enchantment of the Seas, & Majesty of the Seas.

IMG_0549_zpsa851fe78.jpg

For those of you that have read my reviews before you know I like the free public Junkanoo beach. For those that haven't it's perfect for a short day in Nassau.

IMG_0540_zps082065e0.jpg

While I was walking to the beach I ran across Senor Frogs. This place has the best view of the ships in port. But just note you will pay for that view, as their prices are high.

IMG_0539_zps4d759bfe.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

My husband and I were on the Oasis in September and we enjoyed those roast beef sandwiches. We met a great couple and we are all cruising on the Indy on the March 29th sailing!

That's weird, we were on the Oasis in September and met a great couple and we're cruising with them on the Indy on March 29th, small world! ;)

It does take around 10-15 minutes to walk there, but worth it to me. For beer lovers they give you 3 beers & 3 shots for $10.00. I decided to pass on the special this time, as I didn't want to drink, nor pay for beers when I paid $385 the drink package.

IMG_0541_zps468d5aeb.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

The beach was pretty busy but looks a lot nicer than it did this time last year. They have put some money cleaning it up and putting in tiki huts for some afternoon fun.

I'm standing on a 20+ foot pier that heads out to the water (great for kids to jump off) First pictures is to the right and next picture is to the left (notice the building with green doors/windows is the restrooms) - And thats the whole beach!

If I was staying here all day, I'd looking into a nicer beach, but for a 2 hours this is perfect!

IMG_0550_zps55355cbf.jpg

IMG_0551_zps706a014a.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Note to all: bring your passport off the ship with you while at port. They requested my seapass card and photo ID at the Nassau checkpoint to board ship and guess what? I didn't have ANY photo ID. One would think after 14 cruises I could remember to bring my ID, but guess not...After paying the guy $50 he let me pass. :p Kidding.

Day 2 - Around Noon.

Edited by mpoole3

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Did you see any para-sailing at Junkaroo beach ? Thanks, Eric

Thanks, I'm excited to post it! I have A LOT more to post, many pages, almost 15 total.

I was there from 10-12 and did not see any water sports. Very close to the cruise ships, so that's probably why.

Note to all: bring your passport off the ship with you while at port. They requested my seapass card and photo ID at the Nassau checkpoint to board ship and guess what? I didn't have ANY photo ID. One would think after 14 cruises I could remember to bring my ID, but guess not...After paying the guy $50 he let me pass. :p Kidding.

Day 2 - Around Noon.

Just to clarify, they didn't require a passport to get back on did they? Wouldn't a driver's license suffice?

For sail-away I was invited to the private C&A helicopter party. Since when do they invite emerald members to this? Who cares I went and was excited! Until I get to the door and I hear, "I'm sorry sir, this is an invite only event" I politely respond, "Well good thing I have my invite right here!" and off I went running like a child on the heli-pad. Pretty fun event if you get invited, don't miss it.

IMG_0614_zps038f06a7.jpg

Many of the officers were present and assistant CD talks about blah, blah, blah - who know really. "This is what 1.4 BILLION dollars gets you!" The best part was the dance everyone did to tell the captain to sound the horn. I was crying laughing but everyone had a blast and that's all the matters. I think I took around 100 pictures alone from this event, but no worries I won't post them all; unless of course someone ask.

IMG_0651_zps2b683a92.jpg

IMG_0626_zpsbbeb46d9.jpg

IMG_0657_zps8480f6ac.jpg

Tonight is formal night and the captain’s reception on the promenade deck, if you are looking for free champagne (can we even call it that?) then you don't want to miss this.

IMG_0714_zps2b70c419.jpg

IMG_0709_zps53db80a0.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

I enjoy this event because people are dressed up, live music, and great pictures. So let's talk about the attire on formal night... Very few tuxes, most in suites/long black dresses, some without jackets & short summer dresses, but let's not forget about those in NFL jerseys. I mean it is Sunday, so I suppose that makes it appropriate for formal night.

Note: If you are looking for a good seat for this event the Schooner Bar has great views but you need to go early.

IMG_0704_zpse93a3b2d.jpg

Dinner this evening is Giovanni’s Table at 8:30. I didn't love the restaurant on the Allure, so I'm hoping they change my mind. They saw me writing while I was dinning and I told them I was working on my review for online. Needless to say, they were checking-in with me every few moments after that. I appreciate how they recommend something and if you order something that's not a fan favorite they, say are you sure you don't want to try... They came by and opened the windows so you could hear the violin player in Central Park; really romantic atmosphere-about now is when I wish I'd brought the girl. Overall thought it was an excellent dinner and service was outstanding.

IMG_0756_zpse27373f5.jpg

Sorry its so blurry but I still wanted to share, so you could see how good this salad was!

IMG_0745_zps3a8f273a.jpg

After dinner it was time for the very talked about Broadway play Hairspray. I enjoyed this more than Chicago on the Allure. I enjoyed the signing and dancing and felt the story line was outstanding. I did notice people pouring in 10 minutes until show time, so if you want a descent seat I'd recommend going 20 minutes early.

I walked around central park before the show.

IMG_1441_zpsed7adb47.jpg

IMG_1440_zps52abdbeb.jpg