The Chef's Table - Please share your experiance

We went last May on the Splendour and it was wonderful!! I need to eat gluten free and we informed them earlier in the day. Most of the dishes they made were gluten free but they made me something special for a couple of the dishes. All of the food was marvelous but go hungry because there's a lot of food. Very worth the price IMHO.

Has anyone had dinner at The Chef's Table? Is it worth the price? Please share your experience.

Thank you' date='[/quote']

worth EVERY penny. I can't do shellfish and the chef created something on the fly for the first course that still not only went with the pairing, it also complemented the sauce/other ingredients.

We just got off Vision of the Seas and had the most wonderful dining experience and pairings with wine. It is truly an extraordinary dinner and well worth the price. Plus, you get a free cookbook which is priced at $29.95. Service was absolutely the best. We will definitely be doing it again! Try it.

Edited by chaching

We did it on the Oasis and it was just ok I thought. I liked that the chef came out to our table to discuss each course, etc. But when all was said and done, I didn't think it was all that. And don't forget that you have to lug that huge and very heavy cookbook all the way home. THAT was a pain!

Hate to say it as we are Celebrity-first, Royal-second fans, but the Princess Chef's Table is by far a better experience. I have to agree with drmomsc, CP 150 is better.

Edited by jt1120

We went on the Legend in May. We were glad we did it the one time, but feel no need to do it again any time soon. I wrote out a review of the Chef's table dinner, with photos in my blog, here:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.com/2013/06/our-chef-table-dinner-on-legend-of-seas.html

There was a great review, with lots of photos posted on cruise critic a few weeks before my blog post as well (they adored their experience). If I can find the thread, I will post a link.

Here is the thread that contains a review of the experience on Legend (with lots of photos) from someone who really enjoyed (by contrast to my review, posted above, where we did not dislike it, but were not very impressed either--same ship a couple of months apart-maybe you can gauge what you like and if it would be worth it to you if you read a few reviews and see what people like and dislike):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495&highlight=chef+s+table

I've done the Chef's Table on Oasis, Radiance and Splendour and each time the food, wine and service was well worth the charge. Especially if you purchase one of the packages, that also gives you dinners in the other specialty restaurants.

I will say though, that I would not do the Chef's Table again on either the Splendour or the Legend, as the location is in a partitioned section of the MDR and is very noisy. The walls do not do from floor to ceiling and there's openings to the MDR so you could hear all the noise (including the dining room announcements and singing waiters) during BOTH first and second seatings. It was impossible to hold a conversation or to hear the Chef's presentations.

The other ships have a much better set up with the Chef's Table being in a closed off, private room and the experience was much better.