Dawn Cabin 11138 (Deck 11)

Poppet1964

I was on the EPIC in the summer of 2012 and was able to get very complete information about my cabin location in terms of if there were obstructions looking downward from the balcony or if there were others looking down into my balcony.. or other issues in terms of noise.

I'm not having luck with that on the Dawn. I did a search and can only find 1 reference to a cabin close by.

Questions: Are there any obstructions looking out from the balcony? Is there a roof over the balcony? It seems to be under the Buffet... the only other choice is under the pool deck area if we change cabins... which would be better?

Any cabin guru's out there?

Thanks!

Found these photos of mini-suite 11138 -- shows no obstructed view and a roof over balcony. We've not stayed on deck 11, but you may have a noise problem being under the Garden Cafe. The crew would be working/cleaning/setting up/ almost 24 hours around the clock. The pool deck would have its own noises, (to include dragging deck chairs) but maybe not quite as constant as the buffet. Hopefully someone with personal experience in this location will have info for you.

1437151043_NCLDawn11138.jpg.8acea2922bc942cd99eb3fc16206d5e9.jpg

1832942490_NCLDawn111382.jpg.a22849f31e0475f19da0eb969c815e2d.jpg

Edited by emtee3511

I would go with that stateroom. Beware though... As they do try to insulate for any overhead noise. You may be more sensative to it than I ever was. I have been under resturants and pool decks and was never bothered. I may hear a slight muffled sound every now and again, but nothing to complain about. I like the Minis on deck 11.

I just spent 2 glorious weeks on the Dawn in cabin #11056, a mini suite, starboard side forward. That cabin was absolutely perfect for our needs. We were 3 grown women with all of the paraphenelia that goes with that. The cabin area was so quiet, no noise from any neighbors, nothing heard overhead and a blank spot on the wall of the deck plans across from our cabin turned out to be fire fighting equipment. A large overhang on the balcony shielded us from any sudden bursts of rain(we had a couple at night) and strong Caribbean sun during the day. It was forward but not too forward. Not too far from elevators and close to the buffet and pool deck. Highly recommended.

We're just back from 2 weeks on the Dawn. We had mini - suite room 11132 so we were just a few doors away from your stateroom. The balcony is covered and there is no obstructed view. Noise was not a problem. The deck 11 location was very convenient. Enjoy your trip !

We were in 11650 which is on the other side of the ship same location. Loved this cabin. The overhang was great to keep the balcony dry in rain and sun off the balcony. We had a neighbor whose voice was so loud and obnoxious out on the balcony but we could never hear a peep through the walls. The buffet was above us and never heard a sound. ENJOY!!!

Awesome responses!! Thank you so much! There are still some open MA's under the pool deck that I might investigate rather than under the buffet galley, but I'm thrilled to hear from those of you that have been there!

And thanks so much for the pic's!

Can't wait!