What makes you stick with or leave a Roll Call?

Karysa

Our one only started when I posted it 2 months ago, and we are now 4 weeks from the cruise happening. It will be my first cruise too. So far only me and one other person have posted on it. I've posted to it a few times, just so people realise it is there.

I don't know if anyone else apart from us two are likely to either.

But I didn't want you to feel like no one had actually read your question, even if I can't add anything encouraging.

I'd really love it if there were some other CC members on our cruise, but there may not be any :(

Over the years, I've had a couple of roll-calls that were DOA, but not very many. I would say that, if yours hasn't picked up by now, it probably won't. So, go have a good time, anyway! And, don't give up on roll-calls -- you may find a great group, on your next cruise! :cool:

Jevvv,

The percentage of cruise passengers that are actually on Cruise Critic is very small. I would think the Australian/New Zealand market is even smaller. Once the word starts getting around the ships that sail in that area, you might start to see more CC members.

Also about cruisers invading roll calls to sell their excursions.. There happens to be a very popular ex CC member (and his GF), doing just that on my Legend to Australia cruise. I'm sure not very many know who he is, but some of us do. It's no big deal to me, since there are some late joiners who are still looking for private tours.

Thanks wwcruisers and crzndeb.

I'd kinda figured that the Aus/NZ market was a really small sector. I've joined a RC hosted elsewhere (unmentionable here) and am happy that others are contributing. No one has organised anything, no one has tried selling anything.

Part of the issue for a lot of the non Aus/NZ CC members is that it costs so much to get here before you even pay for a cruise ;)

It's great discovering that a cruise leaves from the city only an hours drive down the road- the people going on our cruise are nearly all "local" :D

Don't know any of them, but the majority seem to be only 4 hours away at the most.

Thanks wwcruisers and crzndeb.

I'd kinda figured that the Aus/NZ market was a really small sector. I've joined a RC hosted elsewhere (unmentionable here) and am happy that others are contributing. No one has organised anything, no one has tried selling anything.

Part of the issue for a lot of the non Aus/NZ CC members is that it costs so much to get here before you even pay for a cruise ;)

It's great discovering that a cruise leaves from the city only an hours drive down the road- the people going on our cruise are nearly all "local" :D

Don't know any of them, but the majority seem to be only 4 hours away at the most.

You live in the most beautiful place in the world, it is totally worth the cost to come there. :)

You live in the most beautiful place in the world, it is totally worth the cost to come there. :)

Thanks Jeannie- yes it is a beautiful place :) And we love others coming and discovering it too :)

Our first roll call had quite a few people on here and on FB so we thought "great, meet some new people" we are from Australia travelling by ourselves. Well what a wipeout, only one other lady and ourselves turned up out of about 50 saying they were coming to the meet and greet.

2nd roll call, about a dozen people turned up, there were some rather obnoxious people among them, we had a drink and left. Not for us sadly.

This 3rd trip there seems very little interest (cruising out of Australia) and I doubt I'd be joining in even if there was.

It's a real shame because it would be nice to meet some new people that way but obviously not to be.

However my hubby can talk under water:D so he always find people to chat with.

I dropped out of this roll call for my upcoming cruise because I couldn't get anyone to answer specific questions I had. I ended up finding my answers elsewhere. Maybe it's because the ship is new (NCL Getaway). Either way, it doesn't matter because I'm not interested in going to the Meet & Greet. I'd rather have fun doing something else.