Florence Private Tour Recs?

Godskidisme: We are also going on the Grand Princess, but on August 18. Please let me know if you find any information.

BarbaraM: I would appreciate the contact info/website of Executive Limos. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Anyone else???

We were on the Golden in July 2003 and did a private tour with Paola from Florence Tours. She is the owner of that tour company and lives in the old section of Florence and therefore can drive and park her van in areas that some of the other tour companies aren't allowed to go. Her web site is:

http://www.florencetour.com/

There were 3 other couples and us on the tour and we got to see the highlights of Florence, did a wine tasting and also stopped in Pisa for a little over an hour to get pictures there. Her van was comfortable and the A/C did a good job of keeping us cool as we were there in July.

I think we all had a good time and I would recommend her to you to at least check out and compare with other guides.

Have a great next cruise.

Look back through these threads, especially around May-October; you get alot of input on private drivers.

For Florence/Pisa, try limoinrome.com; driverinrome.com; they come highly recommended. We are going with limoinrome.com(Claudio) for Florence in September, 2006. If you can't book yourself, and if there are just the two of you, ask on these threads and if the driver can't help, maybe you can hook up with someone on these threads for your cruise. Good Luck.

Pooh

Hi,

We just got back from the June 17 sailing of the Med. on the Brilliance. We used Executive Limo which is driverinrome.com for both Florence and Rome and they were excellent! Many passengers complained about the heat in these cities, but we never felt any of it. The drivers drive you right up to the sites and have wonderful air conditioning. In Rome, the lines were around the corner for the Vatican (about an hour+ wait). We had a 5 minute wait at the most, which made the cost of a private driver a bargain for us. icon10.gif

Carole

• 2 weeks later...

Archived