“Live” from the "Allure of the Seas": Western - Nov 17-24,2013

I'm going to do all I can to weasel on to a ship later in the week! I'm hopeful I'm successful! My name is Andy and I love finding cruises to crash!

Wish me luck in my success. :-)

bwaaaahahahahahaha hope Andy has a great time!

Hey, from your pics, it looks like Giovannis doesn't have the lasagna at dinner? Boo, that changes my plans for first dinner on the Grandeur.

Also, I found this on google. Ask Andy if his last name is Singer, I think he designed this. ;)

70695_600.jpg

This may have been answered already since I am not all the way to the end of the review, but Giovannis did have the lasagne on the menu for lunch. It is what my husband ordered when he, I and Bugsy went there.....and he said it was delicious!

Hello all-

I've started my new thread for my next "Live" on the Brilliance of the Seas. Please visit the link below if you'd like to sail along. :-)

I'll be departing Tampa on Thursday, December 12, 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1954964

Happy Cruising! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Looks like they only have one of the two pumps running on the flowrider. I wonder why. :confused:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with this flow rider wasn't for "standing" per say. It's meant for laying and such. The flow rider on the other side they had both sides running and you could be more adventurous.

Loved all the photoes and comments. Excellent reviews Can't wait till your next cruise

Thank you, glad to have you sailing along with me on Thursday on the Brilliance of the Seas.

11715. :-)

Thanks so much for the info. I'm looking at cabins 10701 and 10699. These are one floor down and about 7 cabins down from where you were. I'm wondering if we will get a decent enough view to upgrade to these or if we should just keep the extra as play money.

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...

I've read many reviews and this one is certainly the best. Fun, with loads of photo's. Thank you so much for taking the time. I'm booked for March 2 on Allure for the first time and I already have a bit of a "feel" for the ship!

MFITS, had a couple questions if you don't mind. I saw in the review the van to Mr. Sanchos was $40 one way. Any idea if a smaller taxi for 2 is similar in price?

Also, does the all inclusive at Mr Sanchos include mixed drinks such as captain and diet?

Last question, how far is carlo and charlies from the pier? Any estimate of that cab fare?

Thanks for your review!!

MFITS, had a couple questions if you don't mind. I saw in the review the van to Mr. Sanchos was $40 one way. Any idea if a smaller taxi for 2 is similar in price?

Also, does the all inclusive at Mr Sanchos include mixed drinks such as captain and diet?

Last question, how far is carlo and charlies from the pier? Any estimate of that cab fare?

Thanks for your review!!

Thanks! There are smaller taxis and such. Just at a different rate. The more people in cabs generally yield a lower rate.

Mixed drinks were included along with frozen drinks and such.

After this cruise I cruised on the Brilliance of the Seas. We docked at the International Pier too. I walked to the pier that's right next to down town and where Carlos & Charlie's is. I walked it and it was about a 30-40 walk if I remember correctly. It's actually a nice walk, not sure of the taxi cost. Allure also docked at International pier because of the security scanners at that pier. I thought I had a picture of the taxi boards and rates but not finding it at the moment. Will post it if I come across it.

I've read many reviews and this one is certainly the best. Fun, with loads of photo's. Thank you so much for taking the time. I'm booked for March 2 on Allure for the first time and I already have a bit of a "feel" for the ship!

Thanks for following along! Have a great cruise March 2nd, you're going to love the Allure!

• 1 month later...
Hey, from your pics, it looks like Giovannis doesn't have the lasagna at dinner? Boo, that changes my plans for first dinner on the Grandeur.

Also, I found this on google. Ask Andy if his last name is Singer, I think he designed this. ;)

70695_600.jpg

The Lasagna is served during lunch at Giovanni's, but not at dinner. Lunch=$15, Dinner=$20. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

70695_600.jpg

At Giovanni's the Lasagna is served during lunch, but not at dinner. $15=lunch, $20=dinner. :):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Quick question do you have any idea if the maple syrup at Johnny Rockets is in fact real maple syrup or that crap maple flavored syrup ?

It must be real maple syrup...else why would Johnny Rockets allow the maple leaf on the syrup?...You don't believe Johnny Rockets would be deceptive do you? I guess they can always pin it on Heinz. ;)

9112D3F8-9D76-4231-A8F4-458A50B7B022_zpsk9uok2pw.jpg

Edited by cruiseclues

• 3 weeks later...