“Live” from the "Brilliance of the Seas": December 12-16,2013

Hello Cruising Friends…

I'm happy once again to bring you along with me and sail onboard the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas.

On Thursday I'll be boarding the Brilliance of the Seas for a 4 night sail and I invite you all to cruise along with me! Thursday mid morning I will make my way toward the port of Tampa from Tampa! Ohhhh such a long commute, but I'll survive and press on.

My Fall Cruise Adventures began about 80 days out when I booked and then sailed on the Allure of the Seas November 17-24. Allure of the Seas was one of my most exciting and memorable cruises, that "Live" trip report is located HERE. Prior to my Allure of the Seas booking I had booked this cruise mid August when I stumbled upon an awesome deal and looking to use some end of year vacation time. Remembering my cruise on the Jewel of the Seas and how much I fell in love with that ship and that ship class, it was a no brainier to book this quick 4 day on the Brilliance of the Seas. My Jewel of the Seas "Live" is located HERE. Not long after my Jewel of the Seas cruise, I cruised on the Enchantment of the Seas for 7 wonderful nights, that "Live" from is locatedHERE.

With my trip reports I try to make them more of a report with pictures than a review. It is also my goal to make you the reader feel as though you're on the ship virtually. That's my attempt, not sure I always fully succeed though. This cruise will be another exciting solo cruise, I've got to tell you, solo cruising has now become my preferred method of cruising.

My itinerary during the next 4 days and 4 nights:

BrillianceItinaryDec2013_zps73e02bdf.jpg

Like the Jewel of the Seas, I'm looking forward to how Brilliance too combines sleek views of the ocean from all over. The elevators face the sea and there are floor to ceiling windows throughout the ship. This ship has a few upgrades that the Jewel has not had yet, so I'll be looking forward to experiencing some of them on this ship.

Brilliance of the Seas not long ago experienced the following upgrades: Diamond Lounge, Poolside Outdoor Movie Screen, Flat Screen Televisions in staterooms, ship wide Wi-Fi , digital signs, Park Cafe, Chef's table, Giovanni's, Izumi, Rita's Cantina, Royal Babies, R-Bar: featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy and personable mixologist, English style pub and Vintages.

Brilliance of the seas is 962 ft long, 90,000 gross tons and has a max cruising speed of 25 knots. She has 6 pools & whirlpools and has a crew of 848.

Some fun things to look for in this "Live" from: Cozumel Bar Hop, Rita's (I Seemed to have missed that on Allure), Chops. This trip I will not be doing the drink package, but have the soda package. I'm not planning on eating in the main dining room, but that is subject to change.

Cozumel Bar Hop is more than just a tour that visits bars. The bar hop experience makes you feel like having fun and celebrating!. Bar Hop is a way to meet new people and fellow travelers from all over the world, while experiencing some of the cool, rustic beach bars and wonderful, unspoiled scenery. Most tourists have never even seen the unique beauty of the east side, where you won't find resorts, houses, crowds... not even electricity! Hop provides you with a T-Shirt, house specialty welcome shot at each bar, visit 4 unique beach bars that are ocean side, fiesta atmosphere with upbeat bar hop host, air conditioned transport with professional bonded and insured driver.

It's hard to believe this will be the start of my 7th "Live" from. Where has time gone, seems just like yesterday I did my first one on the Monarch of the Seas. They are fun to do and like cruising can be addicting, though I will say I came close to not doing one on my Allure of the Seas cruise as I didn't think I'd have the time since there is just so much to see and do on that ship. I'm surely glad that I did one as not just for doing it, but I can go back and relive that wonderful cruise and all the great people and adventures that I was a part of.

Brilliance of the Seas sister ship Jewel of the Seas in Cozumel this past April.

9468A819-4ED4-41DD-B5F4-D3D978EDA78B-3023-0000037BD7F516A6_zps0925f570.jpg

Just love that with this class ship you can see the ocean blue from almost anywhere. All the elevators face out to the ocean and you get views like this.

8A537E4F-5214-43A3-BAB6-6DD2A10623B2-4182-000004DEFEB07897_zps0c4d2f75.jpg

Being able to be at the bow of the ship right after muster drill for sail away is an added bonus with this class ship.

A4AB5ADE-3012-42A4-92C8-540319140095-19115-00001E207A0DCD4C_zpscae40bcf.jpg

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax and lets all go cruising!

Till a later time, soon to be "Live" from the "Brilliance of the Seas"!

Sorry about the change in fonts and font size and bolds in my first post. Every time I copy and paste writings from Microsoft word to this it always messes up and I have to adjust it once pasted here. Sometimes even with fixing it some, it still doesn't work right. :-)

When I went to one of my spare guest bedrooms to get a suit case in order so that when I pack later tonight or tomorrow morning, I found this.

311BBC7E-0E1A-4EE2-AB57-4511C04F47F9_zpskswvwv1m.jpg

Looks like Andy is trying to gain a free ride on a cruise again. :D

Guess I'll see if he's still lingering around when I pack or if he's moved on. :cool:

Sorry about the change in fonts and font size and bolds in my first post. Every time I copy and paste writings from Microsoft word to this it always messes up and I have to adjust it once pasted here. Sometimes even with fixing it some, it still doesn't work right. :-)

When I went to one of my spare guest bedrooms to get a suit case in order so that when I pack later tonight or tomorrow morning, I found this.

311BBC7E-0E1A-4EE2-AB57-4511C04F47F9_zpskswvwv1m.jpg

Looks like Andy is trying to gain a free ride on a cruise again. :D

Guess I'll see if he's still lingering around when I pack or if he's moved on. :cool:

Subscribing! Truly enjoyed the Allure report and looking forward to following the exploits of Andy. Since I'm only an hour or so from Tampa, I'll enjoy reading about Port of Tampa and Brilliance. Hope your internet is better than on Allure

We get on just moments after you get off.

We are looking forward to your live report.

If you have time. be sure to check out the American Victory which is moored just forward of the Brilliance. It is a fully operational WW-II cargo ship and worth a tour.

DSCN4805.jpg

I'm looking forward to riding along!:)

Thanks for sailing along!

Have a great trip!!

Glad to have you sailing along!

Dale since I can't join you guys I will cruise with you via your report- Have fun:) Ellen

Wish you were able to sail along with us Ellen!

I have no doubt that Andy will be hitching a ride again. He knows a good thing when he sees it.

Have fun on this short cruise. I have been contemplating doing this same trip this winter so I am very interested to see how you like it and see all your photos.

Andy is rascal so anything is possible. Be sure to check out my Jewel of the Sea's "Live" with that one we went to Key West and Cozumel. That was the 5 day sailing out of Tampa.

Alright!!! Thank you for doing this live report. I was starting to go through withdrawals. :D

Glad to have you along Bill. The post cruise blues are tough.

Subscribing! Truly enjoyed the Allure report and looking forward to following the exploits of Andy. Since I'm only an hour or so from Tampa, I'll enjoy reading about Port of Tampa and Brilliance. Hope your internet is better than on Allure

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed my Allure report, it was fun to do and I had lots of fun company too. I'm very hopeful that the internet is more friendly to me.

Have fun!! Bendy Andy can stow away somewhere on the ship and sail with me on the following cruise!

Never know where he may show up! Keep a watchful eye in your cabin. Thanks for sailing along.

Have a great cruise! Can't wait for your live reports!

Glad you're sailing along.

We get on just moments after you get off.

We are looking forward to your live report.

If you have time. be sure to check out the American Victory which is moored just forward of the Brilliance. It is a fully operational WW-II cargo ship and worth a tour.

Thanks for following along Trainman. Love following your live reports. That WW II Cargo is neat, I got to see it up close in April. One day I'll go on the tour. Does this mean when I get back I'll get to follow along one of your lives on the Brilliance? I may get my B2B cruise after all?

Woohoo all set up and ready to ride!:D O h good Andy is coming along

Glad you're making it along. Let's see what kind of trouble Andy gets into this time.

Love Andy. Sure hope he makes it to the ship. Sneaky little devil, isn't he?

Glad you're making it along! He sure is sneaky.

Tagging along. We board the same cruise in 40 something days.

If this is your first time on this class of ship you'll love it. Thanks for following along. Have a great cruise!

Here I am!! I am SO READY to follow along.....so unhappy I am not going along!!.....OH WAIT.....I am going along VIRTUALLY!! LOL

Glad you're following along Wendy! Won't be quite the same as if you're on the ship, but this will have to do. :D Thanks for following along! Hopefully I can keep Andy in line without yours and Tom's assistance.

Say Hi to Tom who used to be Paradise Tom, who runs the Cozumel bar hop tour.

Will do, am looking forward to the Bar Hop and seeing all those new parts of Cozumel.

OHOH........pics??:eek::eek::eek:

Will have as many pictures as the speed of the internet allows. :D Keeping fingers crossed.

Looking forward to your review. Who are you doing the bar hop through?

Thanks for following along. Bar hop going with is cozumel bar hop dot com. :D

Yay! I've been having massive withdrawals since the "dualing" live Allure cruises ended.

My first cruise was on the Radiance and got me addicted to cruising! Really looking forward to your pictures.

I'm curious why you decided to skip the alcohol package this time.

Have a great cruise and thanks for letting us all come along for the ride!

Yay! I've been having massive withdrawals since the "dualing" live Allure cruises ended.

My first cruise was on the Radiance and got me addicted to cruising! Really looking forward to your pictures.

I'm curious why you decided to skip the alcohol package this time.

Have a great cruise and thanks for letting us all come along for the ride!

Thanks for cruising along! :D:D This trip as of yet, I've opted out of the drink package as I figured I drank enough on the Allure a couple weeks ago that I'd go al la cart this time. :D:D I'm pretty sure I won't be drinking $220 worth of alcohol this trip. Though, I'm sure I might surprise myself.

Will have as many pictures as the speed of the internet allows. :D Keeping fingers crossed.

/quote]

I meant,by OHOH pic?? is evidence;);) Even though Im not on the bar hop where,who knows what will happen:p:p