“Live” from the "Allure of the Seas": Western - Nov 17-24,2013

I don't see the excursions for hilton rose hall in Jamaica or Mr. Sanchos, Cozumel as options on the cruise excursion lists. Did you book on your own and if so, did you just reserve online and then taxi over. I have always stayed with ship excursions. It did like your beach choices....

Both of these were private excursions and well worth the adventure. I'll try and post a bit more pictures of Rose Hall along with Mr. Sanchos here at some point. The Hilton provided a bus that brought us to and from which was very nice and comfortable.

Mr. Sancho's we all grabbed a cab together which saved us money and came out to about $12 round trip including tax. But that was with I think it was 9 of us in one van.

Dale,

Thanks once again for your great review & pictures. Also, gotta love Andy & all his antics. I hope you will think about joining Chris, Wendy & Tom and a bunch of us on The Quantum 4/12/15. It's gonna be a "Quayzie" fun time!

Barbara

Andy is a funny character that is for sure. I'll diffidently be thinking about Quantum, it's a ways off so I've got some time to decide on that. Glad you enjoyed our adventures and were following along. :D

Right now, I'm just glad that I sail in 17 days on the Brilliance of the Seas!!!! :D:D

I love the video, cannot wait to try it in October. I am a CoCo Cay fan, that is probably my favorite port because I love to snorkel for the day. I hear that Labadee snorkeling is nonexistent unless you book an excursion. If you have been to both private islands which is your favorite and why?

First off I have to say this cruise was more than amazing it was over the top Awesome.

In the back of my mind I like many others thought, will I feel like I'm on a ship when its so "Big". This by far was not my first cruise and I've been on many ships and enjoy the ocean sounds, waves and the blue. This was my 21st cruise so I'm certain not a novice by any means. Well all my thoughts were forgotten in very short order.

Whilst the ship may be big, you don't loose that ship feel and excitement. You may have to go up to some higher decks to be out in the open and see the ocean blue but you still get what we all sail for.... the ocean. You also have many great "Ocean" spaces such as along the walking track and at the end of the boardwalk by the aqua theater not to mention many other wonderful spots. The serenity area on this ship is the best that I have experienced.

One week really is not enough time!! :D:D When I said I never had time to read the Compass to find something to go do, I really mean I rarely read the Compass because I was always busy. I never made it to any of the shows except the Headliner show which was Mosaic and then I watched the show in the Aqua theater from the back of deck 11 and watch one other show that had the characters in it from my balcony.

I never felt crowed or congested, in fact many times it was more of the opposite, why are there not more people "Here" as in what location at the time I was at. It was such a great holiday.. I really hope I'm able to swing going on Lady Oasis on March 1st and do this all over again. :D Maybe by then Andy will have gone thru alcohol anonymous meetings. :D

Technical issues were at times aggravating during this cruise. I'm still not sure if it was really the ships wifi or photo bucket or an issue between the two. I then did an upgrade to my photo bucket ap and that made things worse. Thankfully that day we were in Mexico so I could connect to regular land wifi. Whilst that wasn't all that much better it did help me in getting the ap to work after the upgrade a bit better. I had to start uploading one photo at a time which took time but took less then when I tried to upload a few pictures at once.

I also had a new iPhone 5 so my blue tooth keyboard that I had for my new iPhone 4 wasn't synced to work with this one and I forgot that I needed to do that before I left. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work so I was stuck doing my typing on with one finger on the key board and at times did the voice recognition. Then add on there I was just having so much fun I was way out of sync in my daily ramblings on what fun I had had. Then when I got the internet to upload pics I'd data dump pictures at times. :D

The drink package worked well for me and I believe I got my moneys worth. I never was buzzed or feeling "good" till the last night for some reason. I've also come to the conclusion that having a formal (2 hour dinner) dinner every night is a bit to much. Two hours each night really eats into having fun in the evenings. The couple nights we didn't eat in the dining room or specialty restaurants turned out to be some of our funnest evenings. Zipping up and down on the Rising Tide Bar was so much fun! :)

I love the video, cannot wait to try it in October. I am a CoCo Cay fan, that is probably my favorite port because I love to snorkel for the day. I hear that Labadee snorkeling is nonexistent unless you book an excursion. If you have been to both private islands which is your favorite and why?

I've been to Coco Cay four times and love CoCo Cay. Been to Carnival's Half Moon Cay once and hands down prefer CoCo Cay.

Now compare CoCo Cay to Labadee, now that I've been there I like Labadee more. Now that could be because it's something new to me. I'm not a big snorkeler so I can't compare that. One thing thought that I think you can do better on Coco Cay is have more privacy then in Labadee as I don't recall seeing many places that you could be very secluded like at Coco Cay unless its first thing in the morning before everyone is off the ship.

But as long as I'm on a ship and if goes to either, I'm fine. :D

What a fun review! So great to see the cruise through your experiences! It was really awesome cruise. So nice to meet you!

Forgot to mention - we went to guest services to get the soda cup to use with the premium package. I told her it was online that it started 11/15 and she went in the back to check and came back with the cups. Couldn't get the $12 glass of wine anywhere though....

Edited by PhilNDebbieAtSea

Then add on there I was just having so much fun I was way out of sync in my daily ramblings on what fun I had had.

What ramblings....Dale, I would put your review up there with Gambee and Radio....it was excellent and you did a fine job with lots of tongue in cheek humor and Andy was a hoot. You must do one for Brilliance. I for one, can't wait!

Thanks again for the effort!:D

A new friend who is in a Suite took me up to see the suite or gold card only area.

Where is that?? I didn't know a thing about that area and I had a gold card and a suite this time around so could have visited there. Darn, it's no good being clueless ... bwaaahahaha

What a fun review! So great to see the cruise through your experiences! It was really awesome cruise. So nice to meet you!

Forgot to mention - we went to guest services to get the soda cup to use with the premium package. I told her it was online that it started 11/15 and she went in the back to check and came back with the cups. Couldn't get the $12 glass of wine anywhere though....

Knew I should have gone to guest services and pressed for a cup. I really wanted to bring something back to my cabin each night in one of those cups. It was great meeting you both. We surely had a super cruise. Maybe one day we will be on a same sailing again. :D Be sure to look for us on another page too. :p Don't remember if we exchanged info or not. But if you got info from Wendy and get to her, you can get to most of the rest of us.

What ramblings....Dale, I would put your review up there with Gambee and Radio....it was excellent and you did a fine job with lots of tongue in cheek humor and Andy was a hoot. You must do one for Brilliance. I for one, can't wait!

Thanks again for the effort!:D

Thank you Becci! I surely will be doing a "Live" from on the Brilliance. About 17 more days!

I gotta party with that guy!

Bring your best moonshine and find your most fun boxers. :D

:eek: Oh no, I hope Andy didn't have anything to do with this! :D

I'm sure Andy had everything to do with this. Maybe that's what he was up to when the security guard brought Andy back to when we were having pizza. :D:D

Is Andy going with you, or are you sending him to rehab? :p

Seeing as I still have no idea how he ended up in my hotel room in Ft Lauderdale and as long he doesn't sneak away on another adventure with some other people he'll go on the Brilliance of the Seas. Seems like he likes cruising and causing havoc, so perhaps he's going to stick around here till then. :D

That would be fun Janey to meet up or make it out on a PC cruise at the same time. Freedom is certainly on my short list of cruises here soon. Know I'll make a repeat appearance on the Enchantment again sometime too. :D:D

Yup, I got my mug. Hopefully this one won't break or I'll be forced to go back to Jamaica again. :D

hahahaha I can just see Andy tipping your mug off the counter so HE will be forced to return to Jamaica! We'll be on Enchantment on March 24th, just a quick 4-day trip.

This is what I think of your review.

Awe, thanks Maureen.

hahahaha I can just see Andy tipping your mug off the counter so HE will be forced to return to Jamaica! We'll be on Enchantment on March 24th, just a quick 4-day trip.

Janey, that wouldn't surprise me. He is a rascal. :D

Awesome review! Really enjoyed following along this week, and it soooooo helped to keep my mind of the post cruise blues!

I am considering the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for my cruise in February, because I was pretty "underwhelmed" by the Embassy Suites. But the latest reviews are all over the place. Some love it, some absolutely hate it.

Was wondering how you felt about your stay (likes/dislikes)? Would you recommend the hotel?

Thanks,

Chris

Awesome review! Really enjoyed following along this week

Was wondering how you felt about your stay (likes/dislikes)? Would you recommend the hotel?

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed sailing along.

I really liked the Hilton Marina. I'd actually consider going there for a weekend stay sometime. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

good for you!! I love the Brilliance - will ask you to check out some folks if they are still on there later on - still hoping we can cruise together one of these days - I loved your review and pics - Andy, too --- Host Corkey

good for you!! I love the Brilliance - will ask you to check out some folks if they are still on there later on - still hoping we can cruise together one of these days - I loved your review and pics - Andy, too --- Host Corkey

I'm looking forward to experience the Brilliance after my super experience on the Jewel. The beauty on this class ship is amazing! Once I start my new "Live" from for that cruise be sure to ask me then. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.