Girls Getaway

Berkster

Hey all- this week i am trying to organize a fun "girls only" cruise with some of my closest single gals, ( and a few who just might forget the bf's/husbands) I heard Carnival is a good way to go? Any ideas?:)

Depends on what you are looking for. Carnival is not my taste and I am single and travel solo or with friends.

Short cruise (3 night) I would recommend Majesty of the Seas. For a week, I would suggest Voyager class on RCI if you are younger (20s-30s) and want lots of activity and nightlife.

Everyone in your party will need to be over 21--or have someone in the cabin that is 25.

We have sailed Carnival and Royal. Mykids have sailed both lines and we all prefer carnival for a variety of nightlife activities.

Price dictates who we cruise with and Royal is really out of our reach now. I found both lines to be comparable in food and with service.

I've done Carnival, RCI, NCL, DCL, and a number of others. For what you are looking for...I am assuming some socialization is in the planning...either RCI or Carnival are probably the best. They are going to give you the best nightlife and probably the most variety in the "singles" area. I loved all the cruises I have been on. If I were to book a cruise for a group of my friends (active, married, partiers) I would choose RCI. If I were to book a group of girlfriend....sans men....I would almost go with Carnival. Hard choice. Both are great. BUT...make sure to choose one of the newer ships. The older ones on both lines are showing their age, although the older ships are the ones that generally sail the shorter itineraries (3/4/5/6 day), and the shorter itineraries also tend to carry more singles/nightlife type of crowd. Toss Up.

Berkster, we're trying to do the same. Yes, Carnival would be good for a quickie getaway.

In fact, I was looking at the Fascination...leaves Friday of Labor Day weekend, and returns Monday. It's only a 3 night cruise, but since we'd plan to fly in a day early, that makes it a 4 night vacation. Prices were very reasonable.

Berkster, are you planning on flying or driving to the port, and which port did you have in mind? Carnival has some nice shorter cruises, and there are lots of activites. I cruise solo these days, but when I cruised with my sisters once, and gal pals another time, we had SO much fun. The older ships are kept up in good shape, and the fantastic food and entertainment are the same on all Carnival ships. My favorite is the Holiday, and she's the oldest in the fleet! You'll enjoy whichever line you choose, I'm sure. It's always fun to get away with the girls!:)

Myself and 4 other of my friends did a "girls" cruise this past March. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again, but in a couple of years.

We chose Holland America's Zuiderdam. Being in our late 40's, the party atmosphere was not that important to us any longer. We went to have fun at the beaches, on excursions, do some shopping, and, of course, lots of girl talk. No matter which ship you choose, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful time.

Good luck to you and have a GREAT time.

thanks for all the opinions ladies! my travel agent at vcatravel felt that Carnival would be the best way to go also! Everyone in the group is in the late 20's/early 30's stage. But i'd love to hear more opinions!

thanks for all the opinions ladies! my travel agent at vcatravel felt that Carnival would be the best way to go also! Everyone in the group is in the late 20's/early 30's stage. But i'd love to hear more opinions!

I am taking a cruise with one of my best friends in September and we choose RCCL and even though we have not gone yet, we are already planning next year's cruise!

Archived