MSC Grand Voyages (Repositioning Cruises) October 2014 - April 2015

Skipper Tim

Hi David

Unfortunately not. With regret, there is no currently no news as of yet.

Once I have any news from our product department, we will let you know

Regards

Stuart Chalmers

Direct Sales Executive

MSC Cruises

Queens House, 55-56 Lincolns Inn Fields

London, WC2A 3LJ (United Kingdom)

Phone (UK): 0844 561 1955

Phone (ROI): 1800 932 499

Fax: + 44 (0) 207 831 1927

stuart.chalmers@msccruises.co.uk

Visit our website: www.msccruises.co.ukVisit our press area: www.mscpressarea.com

Discover the MSC Yacht Club: www.mscyachtclub.com

Follow us: Facebook & Twitter

this came from MSC e-mail 7 Jan 2014

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

And a Special Announcement is coming very soon!

You only have a short amount of time to take full advantage of this fantastic opportunity that offers you amazing value for money! So hurry, get the best, don't settle for less!

JOIN OUR ONLINE WEBINAR

There will be an opportunity for you to ask the experts with an Online Webinar that will be held on Wednesday 8 January 2014 at 6pm, and we all have a VERY Special Announcement to make so be sure you tune in to hear it. If you are interested in joining us online,

please click here to register your interest.

Ther is also a link below When the time is right but the one above gives you a chance to state your interests

https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/547466847/106054846

can anyone explain

David

Hi folkss, i was just browsing this topic and can tell you that the 33 day cruise from Dubai to Freemantle can be booked on the Dutch MSC website.

http://www.msccruises.nl/nl_nl/Cruise-Afvaarten/Cruise-Vaarroute-MSC-Orchestra-Tarieven.aspx?cruise_id=OR20150221DXBFRE&ship_code=OR

This is really crazy because a lot of the other repo's are or where not bookable on the Dutch site and now this one is.

David

I haven't a clue what MSC are offering directly but I've just got an email from an online T A offering free inside to balcony upgrades plus free drinks packages on Med/Aegean cruises, with only a small upfront deposit. It also quotes an upgrade to Yacht Club for £499 per person.

The free drinks package is said to be exclusive to the TA which suggests that the inside to balcony upgrade, plus reduced price Yachtclub upgrade is more general.

Perhaps they've remembered that there are quite a few people who live in the UK and go on cruises...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

You only have a short amount of time to take full advantage of this fantastic opportunity that offers you amazing value for money! So hurry, get the best, don't settle for less!

JOIN OUR ONLINE WEBINAR

There will be an opportunity for you to ask the experts with an Online Webinar that will be held on Wednesday 8 January 2014 at 6pm, and we all have a VERY Special Announcement to make so be sure you tune in to hear it. If you are interested in joining us online,

Ther is also a link below When the time is right but the one above gives you a chance to state your interests

can anyone explain

David

I've also received that email and registered for the online webinar. It's debatable whether I'll make it home from work in time for the start time of 6pm but will try. Let's hope it's good news for repos and solos but I'm half expecting it not to be great news on that front. We shall see. A new website would be fantastic (assuming it would work)

I have now received my email from MSC, and note that the small print states that the offers only apply to double occupancy (plus, where relevant, children travelling free).

Since it also says that they are applying it to off-season cruises ie. outside school holidays, they presumably don't expect vast numbers of children in the Yacht Club.

It's disappointing that it makes no mention of solo travellers, even when they are trying to fill off-season departures. All in all I won't be holding my breath at 6pm tomorrow...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

JOIN OUR ONLINE WEBINAR

can anyone explain

David

Hi David.

I've done an MSC webinar before. It's basically a sales pitch, but you can also get some good info on a variety of subjects. You can ask questions ( via a text based system) but the answers they give are pretty generic I.e. From a script, but if it's something a bit more complex they will reply to you later by email.

Give it a go, you've nothing to loose.

I'm expecting it to be all about great value deals out of season for families and couples. I also noticed when I registered you had to specify only one region you were interested in and repos weren't listed. It's rather stupid of them not to use what they already know about their repeat passengers to target this offer only at those that it will appeal to or even be relevant to them. They know I sail on my own! they also know I do a repo every year. (Or they should know this). When I worked in Retail, we only sent marketing offers relevant for kids to folk we knew had kids, likewise we didn't send details of first time buyers mortgages to folk we knew already had a mortgage or were retired or under 18.

I will attempt to ask them what they are doing for the drowning number of households in the UK that have only one person in them. Also if their out of season offers apply to their Grand Voyages.

Edited by AmoMondo

News from UK webinar is that repo on Orchestra to Australia not yet on sale but when it does there will be some exciting initial offers. They also said that it will be available as an entire cruise or to book the Dubai to Singapore section or Singapore to Freemantle section

News from UK webinar is that repo on Orchestra to Australia not yet on sale but when it does there will be some exciting initial offers. They also said that it will be available as an entire cruise or to book the Dubai to Singapore section or Singapore to Freemantle section

From the hype on the UK website, it appears MSC do not intend to let this "once in a lifetime" cruise go for their usual repo rates.

Why do they cause all this fuss without actually putting the cruise on sale?

From the hype on the UK website, it appears MSC do not intend to let this "once in a lifetime" cruise go for their usual repo rates.

and from other international sites it looks as though it is going to be a fly cruise not cruise only

I've given up trying to work out why they do anything! There is never any logic in it.

Hope your holiday in Turkey is going well.