Caribbean Princess out of Houston Review Nov 9-16

whataboutport

No prob! Yea I would not recommend going to NOLA during Mardi Gras. It's hard enough to find parking in the FQ I cannot imagine what it's like during MG. I'm sure there is great food at the fancy places, but we just could not swing it this time, esp at the tail end of a cruise! No money left!

Hope you have a great cruise and no major issues.

BTW, your screen name; are you a Bimmer enthusiast? Bf has a few now, has always liked them.

Bimmer being the term for a BMW car, Beemer being the term for a BMW motorcycle...yes I suppose I am a minor enthusiast. The car I drive I actually picked up at the BMW factory in Munich in 2003 and had the pleasure of driving it in Germany and France for a week before they shipped it back to the USA. It's a stick shift and that's what I get enthusiastic about. It's my good weather car so is in my garage now until March. Next one will have All Wheel Drive (5 series) but I plan to keep this one- a 3 series coupe as it has been such a good trouble-free car.

Norris

Bimmer being the term for a BMW car, Beemer being the term for a BMW motorcycle...yes I suppose I am a minor enthusiast. The car I drive I actually picked up at the BMW factory in Munich in 2003 and had the pleasure of driving it in Germany and France for a week before they shipped it back to the USA. It's a stick shift and that's what I get enthusiastic about. It's my good weather car so is in my garage now until March. Next one will have All Wheel Drive (5 series) but I plan to keep this one- a 3 series coupe as it has been such a good trouble-free car.

Norris

Yes, bf loves Bimmers. Currently, he has a 99 supercharged M coupe and an E46 M3 CS right now. We had another E46 M3 but it was convertible top and we didn't really like that. His first was an old 2002, but I forget the year, 70 something? How cool to go pick up your car in Germany!

Thanks so much for your review. I loved the port reviews and want to try Goffs Caye. Beautiful. :)

Thanks! It was actually your Maya Key review that made me decide on that excursion! It'd be cool if my GC review made you book it! Next time I'm going to that Starfish place. That was what was missing in our snorkeling. I want a pic like the one you have of your daughter in your avatar. LOL

<<Yes, bf loves Bimmers. Currently, he has a 99 supercharged M coupe and an E46 M3 CS right now. We had another E46 M3 but it was convertible top and we didn't really like that. His first was an old 2002, but I forget the year, 70 something? How cool to go pick up your car in Germany!>>

Well the E46 M3 Coupe is my all-time favorite car. My first ride in a BMW was in 1977 in a friend's 2002 and I was sold but it wasn't until 2000 that I finally took the plunge on a lease of a 325i and 3 years later bought the 325 Ci that I still drive and love more than a man should love a car.

I saved 8% on the car by going to Germany to get it and had breakfast in BMW then an advisor showed me around the car and gave me the keys. I hadn't driven an American market stick before but had always driven stick in Britain so there was a learning curve driving out of the factory site and onto the streets of Munich but in 15 minutes I was on the Autobahn, doing 100 mph (max allowed for break-in) and heading to the Bavarian Alps with a big grin on my face. It's still there 140,000 miles later. I still have the German license plates in my garage.

IMG_2337.JPG

Photo taken May 2012 by Lake Superior, 60 mi North of Sault Set Marie, Ontario.

Apologies for taking this thread "off topic" !

Norris

I hope to post a review in the next few days to a week for the CB November 9-16, 2013. Loved the ship & crew. Disembarkation/embarkation in Houston needs work.

I will post under member review section of CC,maybe under this forum or our live from....????

Edited by arizonaperson

I hope to post a review in the next few days to a week for the CB November 9-16, 2013. Loved the ship & crew. Disembarkation/embarkation in Houston needs work.

I will post under member review section of CC,maybe under this forum or our live from....????

I vote for this CC board so you can post photos and talk at length....

Norris

Yes, bf loves Bimmers. Currently, he has a 99 supercharged M coupe and an E46 M3 CS right now. We had another E46 M3 but it was convertible top and we didn't really like that. His first was an old 2002, but I forget the year, 70 something? How cool to go pick up your car in Germany!

Thanks! It was actually your Maya Key review that made me decide on that excursion! It'd be cool if my GC review made you book it! Next time I'm going to that Starfish place. That was what was missing in our snorkeling. I want a pic like the one you have of your daughter in your avatar. LOL

Aww, glad I contributed to you going there and I hope it was worth it to you. You should true Little French Key next time you're in Roatan. :) It's heaven on earth!

I have always wanted to go to Goffs Cay and did a lot of reading on it and figured it would be the next place I go to when we return to Belize. It has definitely intrigued me for sure. Another that I have considered is Rendezvous Cay. There doesn't seem to be a lot of other options out there in Belize. So it'll be one or the other when we return (which sadly to sad, I hope won't be for awhile...I'm ready to head back to eastern, try southern or try Bermuda.) :D

<<Yes, bf loves Bimmers. Currently, he has a 99 supercharged M coupe and an E46 M3 CS right now. We had another E46 M3 but it was convertible top and we didn't really like that. His first was an old 2002, but I forget the year, 70 something? How cool to go pick up your car in Germany!>>

Well the E46 M3 Coupe is my all-time favorite car. My first ride in a BMW was in 1977 in a friend's 2002 and I was sold but it wasn't until 2000 that I finally took the plunge on a lease of a 325i and 3 years later bought the 325 Ci that I still drive and love more than a man should love a car.

I saved 8% on the car by going to Germany to get it and had breakfast in BMW then an advisor showed me around the car and gave me the keys. I hadn't driven an American market stick before but had always driven stick in Britain so there was a learning curve driving out of the factory site and onto the streets of Munich but in 15 minutes I was on the Autobahn, doing 100 mph (max allowed for break-in) and heading to the Bavarian Alps with a big grin on my face. It's still there 140,000 miles later. I still have the German license plates in my garage.

IMG_2337.JPG

Photo taken May 2012 by Lake Superior, 60 mi North of Sault Set Marie, Ontario.

Apologies for taking this thread "off topic" !

Norris

We had a 325ci too! Silver also lol

I vote for this CC board so you can post photos and talk at length....

Norris

I agree.

Edited by whataboutport

I have had the BEST time with your review !! We are on the ship in January and while I don't get to go to NOLA this time...I now want to!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Aww, glad I contributed to you going there and I hope it was worth it to you. You should true Little French Key next time you're in Roatan. :) It's heaven on earth!

I have always wanted to go to Goffs Cay and did a lot of reading on it and figured it would be the next place I go to when we return to Belize. It has definitely intrigued me for sure. Another that I have considered is Rendezvous Cay. There doesn't seem to be a lot of other options out there in Belize. So it'll be one or the other when we return (which sadly to sad, I hope won't be for awhile...I'm ready to head back to eastern, try southern or try Bermuda.) :D

I can't wait to go back!