carnival Sitka excursions

v3cruiser

They aren't doing Sitka in 2014 . I don't think they did Sitka in 2013 either. There aren't many cruise lines that do Sitka.

Yes, they are, one sailing Sept 10. 8 day cruise includes Sitka. I'm booking this myself, when I'm on the Valor next month.

Edited by Budget Queen

Does anyone know why carnivals website no longer lists any sitka AK excursions?

Carnival probably won't have this information until next year?

Look at the HAL shore excursion list, it will be the same.

Head to your library and get Fodor's Alaska Ports of Call, and Alaska By Cruiseship. Will hae Sitka listings. Also take a look, online http://www.sitka.org

This is an easy port to go on your own. This is a good opportunity for varied wildlife with a boat tour. You may be too late for the puffins however.

Thanks for suggestions! Again, i was curious. I have been considering alaska in 2015 but dont want to go If sitka isnt replaced with another port on theccarnival 8 day trip as we are more port people than sea day people. Maybe the 7 day is best. Still researching and will be purchasing a book on alaska soon! Thx

Thanks for suggestions! Again, i was curious. I have been considering alaska in 2015 but dont want to go If sitka isnt replaced with another port on theccarnival 8 day trip as we are more port people than sea day people. Maybe the 7 day is best. Still researching and will be purchasing a book on alaska soon! Thx

Frankly Sitka, is a big bonus on an Alaska cruise itinerary. What are you looking for it to be replaced with?

If your preference is just to hang around the "port", you might be better off, in the Caribbean which has more extensive shopping, cheaper cruise prices, sometimes and usually better weather. :)

Can someone tell me about sitka? Why do you like it? I've never been there.

If you have been to Alaska, hopefully you noticed, each port is very different for the others. AND unlike the Caribbean, not crappy ports added by the cruiselines to fill up time. :)

Sitka is Russian influence. A significant feature, is the option to tour, by boat to a puffin rookery, which is not available anywhere else, by cruise ship on the inside passage. This boat tour is varied wildlife as well, which a lot of people have a priority to see. There is a very nice and information Park Service exhibit, with a 1 mile loop trail by totems, take a guide sheet with you, available online. The Alaska Raptor Center is worth your support.

There is a loop HOHO, "van"/small bus. Native Dancers usually have shows on port days.

Take a look at the visitor site I post above.

Frankly Sitka, is a big bonus on an Alaska cruise itinerary. What are you looking for it to be replaced with?

If your preference is just to hang around the "port", you might be better off, in the Caribbean which has more extensive shopping, cheaper cruise prices, sometimes and usually better weather. :)

Whoops!! I had a typo. I do not mind sitka at all, i just didnt want to loose a port day for a sea day.

If you have been to Alaska, hopefully you noticed, each port is very different for the others. AND unlike the Caribbean, not crappy ports added by the cruiselines to fill up time. :)

Sitka is Russian influence. A significant feature, is the option to tour, by boat to a puffin rookery, which is not available anywhere else, by cruise ship on the inside passage. This boat tour is varied wildlife as well, which a lot of people have a priority to see. There is a very nice and information Park Service exhibit, with a 1 mile loop trail by totems, take a guide sheet with you, available online. The Alaska Raptor Center is worth your support.

There is a loop HOHO, "van"/small bus. Native Dancers usually have shows on port days.

Take a look at the visitor site I post above.

Ok .

I might have to consider the 8 day carnival cruise as sitka is listed as a port. Hopefully it will a port again for 2015!

Sitka is a beautiful little town that gets very few cruise ships and has NO Diamonds International, etc (at least it didn't when we were there in 2011). It's a very walkable port. The raptor center was very interesting. The Russian Orthodox church - St Michael's Cathedral - in the center of town was gorgeous.