2 rooms booked...one Owner's Suite & one Balcony

cluv123

We have 2 rooms booked one OS and one Balcony on the Oasis. Of course we had to put one adult on each booking and then DH and I will be in the suite and 2 DDs will be in the balcony...my husband refuses to travel with us 3 women without 2 bathrooms:)

Has anyone had experience with this type of booking? How do we get all of us checked in with the suite check-in...and how to switch the keys? Any info is appreciated to make this a smooth check in.

Thanks so much!

BTW...we are Allure February 23rd "Refugees"...it has been quite an experience having your vacation canceled!

If the balcony is within a few doors of the OS, you might not have to put an adult in each cabin. RCCL allows minors in their own cabin if it is inclose proximity to the parents cabin. You might want to check on this, because the adult who is booked into the balcony will not have access to the concierge lounge - don't know if that is important to you or not:confused:

If the balcony is within a few doors of the OS, you might not have to put an adult in each cabin. RCCL allows minors in their own cabin if it is inclose proximity to the parents cabin. You might want to check on this, because the adult who is booked into the balcony will not have access to the concierge lounge - don't know if that is important to you or not:confused:

It has been my experience that in order for the minors to be booked in their own rooms that the room must be either beside or directly across the hall. We had a couple of instances where the room was one away and they would not let us to the booking that way.

Good point about the concierge lounge though, not sure if you could get that corrected on board or not.

We have 2 rooms booked one OS and one Balcony on the Oasis. Of course we had to put one adult on each booking and then DH and I will be in the suite and 2 DDs will be in the balcony...my husband refuses to travel with us 3 women without 2 bathrooms:)

Has anyone had experience with this type of booking? How do we get all of us checked in with the suite check-in...and how to switch the keys? Any info is appreciated to make this a smooth check in.

Thanks so much!

BTW...we are Allure February 23rd "Refugees"...it has been quite an experience having your vacation canceled!

you will be allowed to check in together, probably using the suite line( which may or may not be shorter that the reg line)

getting extra keys is also no biggie at Guest Services

I You might want to check on this, because the adult who is booked into the balcony will not have access to the concierge lounge - don't know if that is important to you or not:confused:

good point unless they have access in their own right as a D+ or pinnacle

Thanks so much!

I dont blame your husband 1 bit.

Just a thought, but when you and your wife want to go to the CL, just take the gold sea pass cards and go ! Please don't jump on me, I'm not implying people who don't deserve to go should be let in, but you spent a lot for a OS. You have paid for the right to be there. Again to verify....we don't take our non suite friends into the CL with us !

It has been my experience that in order for the minors to be booked in their own rooms that the room must be either beside or directly across the hall. We had a couple of instances where the room was one away and they would not let us to the booking that way.

Good point about the concierge lounge though, not sure if you could get that corrected on board or not.

Just an FYI - that may be Royal's policy, however I booked with a TA and even though I booked adjoining rooms, they still made me put 1 adult in each room.

When we did this, they did allow our girls in the one room and us parents in the suite. We did this so we wouldn't have an issue with the CL, which we tend to use alot when in a suiite on Allure. The bad thing about this was that the girls' room had a different muster station than we did, so if there had been a real emergency, we would have been separated. Now my eldest was 20, so I knew she could take care of her two sisters, but my youngest was 8 and I wouldn't have felt comfortable being apart from her in a true emergency. I just didn't think two rooms right next to each other would be at different muster stations. So in light of this, I would put a parent in each room, or my youngest on my room.

That may have been something to do with the TA as I have always booked direct with Royal and never had an issue.

That's the point I was trying to make that some TAs may have policies in place to always book an under 18 with a parent. So the OP may not be able to change the room setup prior to the cruise like some people were suggesting if booked with a TA. Once on-board it shouldn't be an issue to change.

That's the point I was trying to make that some TAs may have policies in place to always book an under 18 with a parent. So the OP may not be able to change the room setup prior to the cruise like some people were suggesting if booked with a TA. Once on-board it shouldn't be an issue to change.

Strange how a TA would put a more restrictive policy in place than RCI has. I know I would not be happy with a TA if they tried to do that.

Just an FYI - that may be Royal's policy, however I booked with a TA and even though I booked adjoining rooms, they still made me put 1 adult in each room.

That may have been something to do with the TA as I have always booked direct with Royal and never had an issue.

I've done it both ways, booked direct with RCCL and with a TA. TA's don't like to do it as it requires an extra step on their end. If they are familiar with the policy they have to "call in" the kids reservation rather than confirming it through the system. Since it requires an override, one the TA can't do. If I was using a TA that refused to do this "extra step" after I told them of the policy, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Edited by jelbnl

I've done it both ways, booked direct with RCCL and with a TA. TA's don't like to do it as it requires an extra step on their end. If they are familiar with the policy they have to "call in" the kids reservation rather than confirming it through the system. Since it requires an override, one the TA can't do. If I was using a TA that refused to do this "extra step" after I told them of the policy, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Makes perfect sense. Trying to save some time at the expense of their customer.