Wifi connectivity on Serenade of the Seas

burgesst

Considering first trip on the Serenade in Jan 14, but uncertain about Wifi connectivity. Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Serenade case pervasive WiFi now, so you can connect anywhere on the ship.

Right now, internet access is charged per minute, starting at $0.75 per minute. You can lower the per minute cost by purchasing a package.

By Jan 2014, Serenade may have unlimited plans available, but it's not possible to know for sure.

Edited by clarea

Right now, internet access is charged per minute, starting at $0.75 per minute. You can lower the per minute cost by purchasing a package.

By Jan 2014, Serenade may have unlimited plans available, but it's not possible to know for sure.

Thanks Bob.

Did they increase the rate. I paid $.65 per minute on my August trip.

So if you purchase a pkg thru RCCL, is that the truly only cost you will incur? Any additional costs? I'm sure if you go over you will incur those charges, but say if you stay within your package, is that the only charge there is or are there more from your cell company?

Thanks OP for posting and everybody for your valuable information.

So if you purchase a pkg thru RCCL, is that the truly only cost you will incur? Any additional costs? I'm sure if you go over you will incur those charges, but say if you stay within your package, is that the only charge there is or are there more from your cell company?

Thanks OP for posting and everybody for your valuable information.

If your device has cellular connectivity, then you should turn off cellular data (or put the device in airplane mode) to insure there are no additional charges from your cellular carrier.

the only problem we had was even when device turned off the minutes were still used up .

This seems to happen to iPad devices often. All you can do is go to Guest Services and they will reinstate or refund the cost of the minutes. They will also give you a URL you can use to manually log off.

This seems to happen to iPad devices often. All you can do is go to Guest Services and they will reinstate or refund the cost of the minutes. They will also give you a URL you can use to manually log off.

we did that and got our credit and the url but still had problems. but will say this rccl customer service was very helpful and once we were able to actually log off we stayed off the net with the iPad.

eh, I think I just wont tell my dd that it is available and she doesnt read these posts lol. Just afraid will get extra charges and don't want to deal with the possibility of unforeseen charges or having to go to guest services.

I appreciate the info for sure tho.

Thanks!!

eh, I think I just wont tell my dd that it is available and she doesnt read these posts lol. Just afraid will get extra charges and don't want to deal with the possibility of unforeseen charges or having to go to guest services.

I appreciate the info for sure tho.

Thanks!!

Heres Hoping.;);)

Edited by Folk Singer

Any idea what the packages are/costs?

Thanks!

Any idea what the packages are/costs?

Thanks!

This is from our recent Legend cruise:

Per Minute Rate is $.75 per minute

Packages of bundled minutes:

$ 25.95 for 38 minutes (66 cents per minute)

$ 49.95 for 90 minutes (56 cents per minute)

$ 99.00 for 208 minutes (48 cents per minute)

$199.55 for 555 minutes (35 cents per minute)

$399.95 for 1666 minutes (25 cents per minute)

• 4 weeks later...

Bought the 90 minute package for $50. Was able to share it between our two smart phones. Didn't have any trouble but did have one weird charge on our account for $2.25. Not sure how that happened but it could have been due to DH's trouble one day getting on (problem was with his phone, not the wi fi as I had no trouble) so he probably did "something" to incur the charge. By the time we saw the charge neither one of us wanted to go wait in line to argue about it but since it was probably DH's fault anyway....

When you signed on, it would tell you how many credits (minutes) you had left and when you signed off, it would tell you how many credits (minutes) you used.

I'd definitely do this again and hope that sooner or later they will have the unlimited package on all ships!

Edited by MrsB05

• 1 month later...