Live - Silver Spirit Nov. 25

dusababy

Sorry that the Braniacs from our April crossing on the Cloud aren't with you to ensure a daily first place! Feel free to text us during Trivia if you need some extra help.

We've found that the "feeling" on board during Caribbean cruises can be quite different from a crossing or cruise in a more exotic location. Just sayin'.

We are the SILVER CAESARS but have not conquered the world. BILLCROOZ and I are on the same team - he has a wealth of trivia knowledge.....:-) good addition and appreciated.

"feeling" is a nice way to put it - in all aspects throughout the ship. Chef/food question has been answered by others with different opinions, just as in all things.

Delilah -- forgot to bring your address but will be in touch after I get home later this week.

That's great news. We board on Dec. 13th. Duct Tape, happy to pass along your greetings...just let me know.

Lucky you Herman - Jorge (Portuguese) maitre d' is boarding December 13 along with you -- he will be in charge !

I've forgotten to give big kudos -- the Artists of Silversea are the BEST entertainment I've seen on any SS cruise in the recent past -- they are superb! Greatly talented, highly trained. You will enjoy.

Today anchored off Samana, Dominican Republic, small "port security" boats circling us all day. Actually when I woke this morning I opened the drapes and saw a small open boat approaching, man at the engine and 5 others in the bow. My first thought was CAPTAIN PHILLIPS -- looked just like the pirates approaching his ship in the movie.

Weather today very hot and very humid. Sea day tomorrow and then Nassau. BBQ on deck weather permitting.

Lucky you Herman - Jorge (Portuguese) maitre d' is boarding December 13 along with you -- he will be in charge !

I've forgotten to give big kudos -- the Artists of Silversea are the BEST entertainment I've seen on any SS cruise in the recent past -- they are superb! Greatly talented, highly trained. You will enjoy.

Today anchored off Samana, Dominican Republic, small "port security" boats circling us all day. Actually when I woke this morning I opened the drapes and saw a small open boat approaching, man at the engine and 5 others in the bow. My first thought was CAPTAIN PHILLIPS -- looked just like the pirates approaching his ship in the movie.

Weather today very hot and very humid. Sea day tomorrow and then Nassau. BBQ on deck weather permitting.

We were on the Cloud in early September with Jorge...we are thrilled. He is gracious, well-mannered and charming. While everyone has been singing Gustavo's praises, I just hope we have a better experience with him than 2 years ago in the Med. He was memorable and not for the right reasons.

Foe the life of me, I dont understand why they stop at Samana. We got off the ship once there and it felt like a war zone...a very predatory feeling. To me, not worth the risk of stopping.

I guess there are some other changeovers on Dec. 13. Can you tell me who is at The Bar and the Pool Bar?

Hope the seas are calm and the weather good!

Edited by Herman The Cat

We are the SILVER CAESARS but have not conquered the world. BILLCROOZ and I are on the same team - he has a wealth of trivia knowledge.....:-) good addition and appreciated.

"feeling" is a nice way to put it - in all aspects throughout the ship. Chef/food question has been answered by others with different opinions, just as in all things.

Delilah -- forgot to bring your address but will be in touch after I get home later this week.

Am following your progress! Will look forward to hearing from you on your return home.

We were on the Cloud in early September with Jorge...we are thrilled. He is gracious, well-mannered and charming.

Fantastic. We had Jorge on the Cloud several years ago and he is the absolute best. Caution: don't go running with him on shore days. He is in excellent shape and will leave one gasping for air.

We were on the Cloud in early September with Jorge...we are thrilled. He is gracious, well-mannered and charming. While everyone has been singing Gustavo's praises, I just hope we have a better experience with him than 2 years ago in the Med. He was memorable and not for the right reasons.

Foe the life of me, I dont understand why they stop at Samana. We got off the ship once there and it felt like a war zone...a very predatory feeling. To me, not worth the risk of stopping.

I guess there are some other changeovers on Dec. 13. Can you tell me who is at The Bar and the Pool Bar?

Hope the seas are calm and the weather good!

Dinesh is at the bar on 5 -- Sonny at the pool bar. I don't know Panorama

bar since it's not bar stool easy to get to know the bartender -- like much of the ship.

Norbert is Head Bar man -- as you know Marcelo is F & B - and of course Paolo HD. Mike is CD and almost invisible.

Nassau today - perfect weather. Hemmed in by Enchantment of the Seas and a Norwegian Freestyle Cruising -- hope they don't arrive FLL same time we do in the morning.

Dinesh is at the bar on 5 -- Sonny at the pool bar. I don't know Panorama

bar since it's not bar stool easy to get to know the bartender -- like much of the ship.

Norbert is Head Bar man -- as you know Marcelo is F & B - and of course Paolo HD. Mike is CD and almost invisible.

Nassau today - perfect weather. Hemmed in by Enchantment of the Seas and a Norwegian Freestyle Cruising -- hope they don't arrive FLL same time we do in the morning.

Fantastic. Great team with Marcelo, Norbert, and Sonny. We look forward to spending "quality" time with them by the pool and before dinner!

Haven't heard much about your CD. Sorry to hear he is not visible. Some like to stay under the radar.

Glad to hear your Nassau weather is perfect. Have a wonderful rest of the day and evening and thanks for the info!

:D

Mike, the CD. Not sure why you haven't seen him Mary Ann. He's been in the reception/bar area every day in the morning. I've seen him around the pool mid day and then at night, I've seen him daily around the ship and also outside of each and every show, before and after the performance.

He's a great guy. Extremely personable and friendly. My Husband and I have enjoyed each and every conversation we've had with him.

This is probably one of the first voyages where we have frequently run into the Officers as well.

It's been a great cruise. The pool deck party last night was fabulous. Food was great and the music and dancing was so much fun. The entertainment crew is talented!!!!

Last night before we start round 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to the next 8 days after these were so spectacular!

Mike, the CD. Not sure why you haven't seen him Mary Ann. He's been in the reception/bar area every day in the morning. I've seen him around the pool mid day and then at night, I've seen him daily around the ship and also outside of each and every show, before and after the performance.

He's a great guy. Extremely personable and friendly. My Husband and I have enjoyed each and every conversation we've had with him.

This is probably one of the first voyages where we have frequently run into the Officers as well.

It's been a great cruise. The pool deck party last night was fabulous. Food was great and the music and dancing was so much fun. The entertainment crew is talented!!!!

Last night before we start round 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to the next 8 days after these were so spectacular!

Christie,

Happy holidays and so glad you and Terry are having a great cruise!! Enjoy your second segment!!

Nancy

I agree !Found Mike to be very personable,( even though he's a Jets fan), sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Found the dining to be the best ever, and the young singers to be the most talented we have seen. Got your card and will stay in touch...keep singing!

Bill and Fran. Safe travels today. Couldn't find you last night and we ate at Hot Rocks and called it an early night. See you in Naples :). Enjoy the move!

Thanks Nancy for the well wishes. You need to try this product. I think you would really like it.

In transit passengers had to leave the ship and I went off with my Husband who was going to the Everglades. Got back on board by 10:30, ahead of the returning employees/crew and visitors.

Seas have been friendly. Should be a nice sail away. CC Meet & Mingle is tonight already.

Thanks for the kind words Mary Ann, you and Winny are the best! Hope you got home safely. We got home to fog,rain, and had to go out for a pizza!...aggggh!

Home again and am glad others' experiences are different from mine - just proves most reviews on these boards are entirely subjective. No need for me to post a review. My early disappointments and complaints were answered immediately by senior staff - to my complete satisfaction.

Met first timers and both couples had entirely different impressions - again - subjective. Obviously expectations play a large role.

I was not off the ship very much so puzzling why I seemed to have missed so much - and I don't nap.....:-)

For information only - Marcelo is joining Whisper in May.

Bon voyage -- see you on another SS ship.