2 weeks left-help! Mr Sanchos or Paradise

mitsugirly

Which would you pick?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• Paradise Beach
    • Mr Sanchos AI

Ok....another booked at Mr.Sancho's for our cruise in June '14.....Woo-Hoo!!!

I'll be reading any reviews till then....;)

(Now I just need to figure out Falmouth,Jamaica.....UGH!) :confused:

Sent from my XT1080

Edited by bpphoto

Once I return and do my review, I will link it back here for you. :)

Thank you Mitsugirly.....Just to let you know, You have been a big influence on our pick at Mr.Sanchos!!! ;)

I'll be waiting for that link. :eek:

I really wanted to do Hilton Rose in Jamaica but just couldn't spend the $$$....:mad:

Hope you have a great time at Sancho's!!! :D

Personally I like Paradise Beach. We have only paid the $2.00 entry fee and that was it. Everyone there is super nice, never had trouble with getting service. Love the massages on the beach. We have had groups from 4 years old to 76 and everyone has had a great time.

We have been to Mr. Sanchos and felt everyone was very pushy with the shops. You were unable to go to the bathroom with out the solicitation for you to come shopping in the little shops. There was also a strong smell from the "horses" out front.

Was just at Paradise Beach last week. It was too windy to use the water toys, however.

To answer a few of the OP's initial questions on Paradise that I haven't seen addressed:

Wifi - Free signal available, strongest around pool but works at the beach too.

Dock - You can walk to the end. It was too windy when we were there to have kayaks or anything else, however.

Wristbands - This has gotten more confusing since we were there a few years ago. They really wanted you to get a $10 credit in addition to the $2 entry. I was just polite but firm that I'd be ordering drinks and food and would rather pay as I go. I didn't want the hassle of tracking down the same server each time.

I have been to both PB and MS pay as you go. They are both comparable. I will advise you that your 5 year old should wear a life jacket or be accompanied at all times on the water toys. My 3 teenagers loved the water toys at both places. The paddle boards were included in the $12 at PB, but were extra $25 at MS.

We did see a large iguana in the brush at MB.

I think the underwater statues are at Playa Mia.

If I had a 5 year old, I am sure we would only stay 2 hours anywhere.

I feel like PB had more shade, but I was just on the MB pay as you go side for MB. Maybe the AI has more shade.

When I went to PB, it was $2 per person, even though other posters have said that there is no cover charge. Right when we arrived, we paid $10 for our party of 5. Then, we paid $12 per child for the water toys. It was worth it because of the shade, pool, bathrooms and water toys. The landscaping is beautiful. If you are worried about the sand being rocky, just get your child water shoes.

Mr. Sanchos did not charge us anything to come in as long as we ordered food or drinks. They do not like outside food, so please don't bring anything other than water. Since they don't charge admission, they really are sensitive to outside food.

My family was happy at both places. Just try to get off the ship ASAP and make a beeline to the taxis. Hopefully, you will beat the crowd.

I guess I didn't realize that the sand at Paradise is rocky. I don't remember anyone mentioning this before. I'll have to do some research.

The sand at Mr Sanchos will be the exact same sand that Paradise Beach has because they are all the same beach.

Each beach resort just runs one into another along the West side.

IF you want an all inclusive, then I would say Mr Sanchos.

IF you want ala carte (which is what we do) then definitely Paradise Beach because you can not use the brand new pool at Mr Sanchos unless you do the all inclusive.

We have been going to Cozumel for over 15 years and went to Mr Sanchos exclusively until Paradise Beach opened up.

The reason we like Paradise Beach is that we like the ability to only pay for what we are going to use.

It is $2 for the use of the chairs, umbrellas, a huge kicking pool (with the lounge chairs in the water) CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms ...it looks like a resort when you walk in.

Yes, you are expected to eat/drink $10 a person but that is on the honor system.

IF you want to use the water toys, then the last time we were there it was $12 a person. Our boys always got that...hubby and I did not. We are shade people and again I like not having to pay for something I am not going to use.

Our boys always wore water shoes...but there are no rocks ( a smooth entry) at Paradise Beach at the North end of the resort.

I know that Paradise Beach has the most water toys of any resort if that is what you are into. (Yes I have climbed the coconut tree)

Both places have safe food and drinks.

But again, you will not get the use of the pool at Mr Sanchos unless you buy they all inclusive.

All the resorts are about $15 per taxi (not per person) one way .... if there are only two of you, sometimes you can share a ride on a larger shuttle for about $5 a person.

I have narrowed my decisions down to either Mr Sanchos or Paradise (after months of searching and reading).

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise and I have NEVER waited this long to figure out where to go and book something. :eek:

I really love all of the pictures that I see of Paradise. It looks like the perfect place to go. However, I have some questions:

1) There will be 7 ships in port the day we are there. I'm pretty sure that this will make it extremely crowded there right? They don't "limit" the amount of people there during the day right? *Even though there will be 7 ships in Cozumel when you are there, there are 2 separate ports that are close to each other. Depending on which ship you are arriving on, you will dock at either Playa Maya or the International Pier. Carnival ships seems to favor the Playa Maya port and all others like Royal Caribbean seem to go to the International pier. Timing is everything when you dock but rest assured, there will be more than enough taxis at either port. If you choose to visit Paradise Beach, many of the drivers take their breaks there so you never have to wait for a return taxi back to the ship. And "NO", Paradise Beach will never keep you from joining them for the day.*

2) Do they have free wifi? If so, does it reach to the beach or only around a certain area, like the restaurant area?*They do have free Wi-Fi throughout the beach and even up at the pool. In the event you need to, they also have free use of their computers up at the beach bar.*

3) I have read numerous reviews on TA that stated they have made people pay the $2 chair fee PLUS the $10 pp food charge upon entry or they wouldn't let them enter???*Not sure who gave you that information but Paradise Beach's rule of thumb is $2 to enter and they ask that you spend at least $10 in food and/or drink. They will never collect the implied $10 upfront. *

4) All the reviews I have read and the website says the water toys are $12, however, some have reported they charged them $14?*Many people will pay the $2 to enter and decide later in their stay that they want to use the water toys and added amenities (thus the $2 + $12 =14)*

5) I noticed in several pictures there is a dock there. I don't recall anyone mentioning this in any reviews that I have read. What is this dock used for? Can you go to the end of it and is there snorkeling there? How deep is the water in that area?*Although I didn't get the chance to use it in my last visits, it is my understanding that the beach has added a ladder to the pier where you can go to snorkel. The depth of the water at the beach is shallow but I'm not sure about at the end of the pier. From what I heard, it's about 10 feet or so and there are many fish at the pier.*

6) Do they have parrots there? I seen some pictures of parrots and just wondering if they are still there? Do they let you hold them?*There are 2 parrotsd there, Rocky and Sunshine. They tend to keep more to themselves but they are beautiful. If you sit at the beach bar, you may catch them chasing peoples sneakers when they walk by. Even the staff!!!

I was able to find a menu online for them and according to the pricing, I'm estimating what we would spend on food to be around $40-$50 Then factor in drinks...estimating maybe another $50. Adding in the chair price of $6, bringing the total to maybe around $100ish. So I'm thinking maybe we would spend less here than we would at Mr Sanchos, but the crowd is what's throwing me off a little. *Paradise Beach is very large. When we were there in November, there were 6 ships in Cozumel and we didn't feel crowded at all at Paradise Beach.

Hi mitsugirly :D We visited there this past May and were just there in November. We love it there. Beach is clean, amenities are intoxicating, service is quick and the staff make you feel like a old friend (even if you haven't been there before). I hope my answers above helped you in deciding. IMHO, I don't feel you'll be disappointed. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi mitsugirly :D We visited there this past May and were just there in November. We love it there. Beach is clean, amenities are intoxicating, service is quick and the staff make you feel like a old friend (even if you haven't been there before). I hope my answers above helped you in deciding. IMHO, I don't feel you'll be disappointed. Enjoy your cruise.

We were charged $10 for food. So we paid the $2 cover charge upfront and then also paid the $10. They didn't do the suggested $10 on food on the honor code. We actually paid for it up front and then basically had a credit that we just used and once we went above it we just paid the difference.

It is a beautiful setting. Very clean and the food was quite good.

Thank you Mitsugirly.....Just to let you know, You have been a big influence on our pick at Mr.Sanchos!!! ;)

I'll be waiting for that link. :eek:

I really wanted to do Hilton Rose in Jamaica but just couldn't spend the $$$....:mad:

Hope you have a great time at Sancho's!!! :D

I'm not sure I should influence you to go to Mr Sanchos...since I haven't even been myself. :p But I will definitely come back with a link to my review and my thoughts. I do have to say, we absolutely LOVE LOVE Love Chankanaab and we have yet to find a place we like better in Cozumel. So it's hard to find a place that can even compete with it. I just think I need to lower my standards this time around. lol

Personally I like Paradise Beach. We have only paid the $2.00 entry fee and that was it. Everyone there is super nice, never had trouble with getting service. Love the massages on the beach. We have had groups from 4 years old to 76 and everyone has had a great time.

We have been to Mr. Sanchos and felt everyone was very pushy with the shops. You were unable to go to the bathroom with out the solicitation for you to come shopping in the little shops. There was also a strong smell from the "horses" out front.

I'm not too worried about the shops. I just say no and keep walking. As long as they're not chasing me and touching me, I'll keep going.

I will probably try Paradise next time we go.

I have been to both PB and MS pay as you go. They are both comparable. I will advise you that your 5 year old should wear a life jacket or be accompanied at all times on the water toys. My 3 teenagers loved the water toys at both places. The paddle boards were included in the $12 at PB, but were extra $25 at MS.

We really wouldn't be interested in the paddle boards, but the site does say that the price includes canoes, so that works for us. :)

We did see a large iguana in the brush at MB.

I think the underwater statues are at Playa Mia.

When I was looking at the reviews, some pictures of the statues were posted, but I had never heard anyone mention them before, so I thought I would ask.

If I had a 5 year old, I am sure we would only stay 2 hours anywhere.

Our 5 year old begs to never leave. We take full advantage of as much time as we can. She's not your "normal" 5 year old. :p

I feel like PB had more shade, but I was just on the MB pay as you go side for MB. Maybe the AI has more shade.

Shade really isn't too much of a factor to us. I do know that they have tables with umbrellas on the AI side to eat at.

When I went to PB, it was $2 per person, even though other posters have said that there is no cover charge. Right when we arrived, we paid $10 for our party of 5. Then, we paid $12 per child for the water toys. It was worth it because of the shade, pool, bathrooms and water toys. The landscaping is beautiful. If you are worried about the sand being rocky, just get your child water shoes.

She has water shoes...no worries. I just wondered because I don't recall people mentioning it before.

Mr. Sanchos did not charge us anything to come in as long as we ordered food or drinks. They do not like outside food, so please don't bring anything other than water. Since they don't charge admission, they really are sensitive to outside food.

My family was happy at both places. Just try to get off the ship ASAP and make a beeline to the taxis. Hopefully, you will beat the crowd.

I definitely plan on going as soon as they clear customs. We are meeting friends at Mr Sanchos this time around (another one of our deciding factors to pick Mr Sanchos) and they will arrive before us and will hopefully be able to get us a seat.

The sand at Mr Sanchos will be the exact same sand that Paradise Beach has because they are all the same beach.

Not necessarily true. We loved the beach, sand and in the water at Playa Mia (which sits between Mr Sanchos and Paradise), but yet hated the beach at Nachi Cocom (which is beside Mr Sanchos).

Each beach resort just runs one into another along the West side.

IF you want an all inclusive, then I would say Mr Sanchos.

IF you want ala carte (which is what we do) then definitely Paradise Beach because you can not use the brand new pool at Mr Sanchos unless you do the all inclusive.

We have been going to Cozumel for over 15 years and went to Mr Sanchos exclusively until Paradise Beach opened up.

The reason we like Paradise Beach is that we like the ability to only pay for what we are going to use.

It is $2 for the use of the chairs, umbrellas, a huge kicking pool (with the lounge chairs in the water) CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms ...it looks like a resort when you walk in.

Yes, you are expected to eat/drink $10 a person but that is on the honor system.

IF you want to use the water toys, then the last time we were there it was $12 a person. Our boys always got that...hubby and I did not. We are shade people and again I like not having to pay for something I am not going to use.

Our boys always wore water shoes...but there are no rocks ( a smooth entry) at Paradise Beach at the North end of the resort.

I know that Paradise Beach has the most water toys of any resort if that is what you are into. (Yes I have climbed the coconut tree)

Both places have safe food and drinks.

But again, you will not get the use of the pool at Mr Sanchos unless you buy they all inclusive.

All the resorts are about $15 per taxi (not per person) one way .... if there are only two of you, sometimes you can share a ride on a larger shuttle for about $5 a person.

Thanks for the info. We have been to Cozumel several times and even went back in the 80's. We just haven't been to either of these places.

I will definitely consider Paradise next time we are there. Just having so many ships in port, we thought an AI would make more sense.

1)*Even though there will be 7 ships in Cozumel when you are there, there are 2 separate ports that are close to each other. Depending on which ship you are arriving on, you will dock at either Playa Maya or the International Pier. Carnival ships seems to favor the Playa Maya port and all others like Royal Caribbean seem to go to the International pier. Timing is everything when you dock but rest assured, there will be more than enough taxis at either port. If you choose to visit Paradise Beach, many of the drivers take their breaks there so you never have to wait for a return taxi back to the ship. And "NO", Paradise Beach will never keep you from joining them for the day.*

Actually there are 3 ports in Cozumel. We are cruising this time with NCL and they dock at Punta Langosta, which is on down the road from International and Puerta Maya. ;)

Not really worried about the taxis. There's always plenty to catch and either port we have ever visited.

3) *Not sure who gave you that information but Paradise Beach's rule of thumb is $2 to enter and they ask that you spend at least $10 in food and/or drink. They will never collect the implied $10 upfront. *

People on TripAdvisor are posting reviews saying they are made to pay upfront when they get there. People on here have stated the same. ;) That's why I asked about it.

5) *Although I didn't get the chance to use it in my last visits, it is my understanding that the beach has added a ladder to the pier where you can go to snorkel. The depth of the water at the beach is shallow but I'm not sure about at the end of the pier. From what I heard, it's about 10 feet or so and there are many fish at the pier.*

Thanks, that helped a lot. I figure there was some type of snorkeling that could be done around that area.

6)*There are 2 parrotsd there, Rocky and Sunshine. They tend to keep more to themselves but they are beautiful. If you sit at the beach bar, you may catch them chasing peoples sneakers when they walk by. Even the staff!!!

That's hilarious. My daughter would have loved that.

*Paradise Beach is very large. When we were there in November, there were 6 ships in Cozumel and we didn't feel crowded at all at Paradise Beach.

Good to know.

Actually I posted already that we decided on Mr Sanchos. But I really appreciate the info on Paradise and will consider it in the future.

We were charged $10 for food. So we paid the $2 cover charge upfront and then also paid the $10. They didn't do the suggested $10 on food on the honor code. We actually paid for it up front and then basically had a credit that we just used and once we went above it we just paid the difference.

It is a beautiful setting. Very clean and the food was quite good.

It seems to be a hit or miss with people reporting that they had to pay when they walked in versus just buying over $10 of food/drink while they are there.

We rented a jeep our last trip to Cozumel and spent a couple of hours at paradise in the pool and water park (which is fun but only to moderate to strong swimmer and people who can climb up on the giant floats) but didn't stay. Instead we went exploring the island and found a. Completely awesome cantina on the beach west of paradise where we had the best food with seafood they showed us raw they picked right from the sea before cooking. Margaritas were huge and they gave us free tequila shots

. We went on on the jeep to tour tge tequila factory then San Genovese Mayan ruins where they gave us. More complementary tequila (this also at the factory and many shops in the shop section near the port. It was only $25 per day for the jeep and I'd never go to sanchos again this was much better, cheaper in the long run and we saw so much more. Here are pictures of the awesome food and margaritasImageUploadedByForums1386741229.114964.jpg.a4d5efcbba1686d59f8554cd8573a77a.jpg

We also saw great sites along the way including a man with a giant bull giving bull rides

That day at Cozumel was probably our favorite port day of any Cruz, ever.

ImageUploadedByForums1386741189.425592.jpg.b56e8332b0e506cb97e998dcd2f5891a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1386741201.508027.jpg.3a01b46c264f0b61915ccb9f21726bd9.jpg

Edited by Moviegirlnyorlando

Ok, I have officially booked Mr Sanchos. I'm hoping I made the right decision. We did book with the company online that offers a full refund if you decide not to go and you can cancel for any reason. Plus the deposit was only $14.95, so no biggie. They also seem to be cheaper than booking with other places. So that was an added plus. :)

I'm still very interested in hearing others comments about either place.

Thanks for all that have contributed their opinions so far. :D

This is the cancellation policy - which only has cancel for any reason up to 14 days out:

For the Cozumel Mr. Sanchos All Inclusive Day Pass, we issue a full refund if:

- You want to cancel at any time, for any reason, before or after your arrival. Simply contact us via email within 14 days of your missed excursion date for a complete refund.

- Your ship arrives into port late and you cannot make it in time to the meeting location.

- Your ship misses/skips the port.

- Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator to run the excursion.

- A medical problem prevents you from safely participating in the excursion.

Refunds may be subject to a service charge fee as determined by the payment processor, please refer to Terms and Conditions for more information.

edited - I see you can contact them after the date for a refund, which I find interesting. But that means they go ahead and charge you.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

I've been reading your reviews about Roatan & Little French Key And Maya key so I thought I would post about our Mr Sanchoes experience. We went 2 years ago. Our kids were 6 & 8. It was the first time they were able to play in the ocean. So we were looking for a place with things for them to do, as we didn't know what to expect. We did the AI and got the wrist bands for the water floating park things. We also got them snorkel gear, there wasn't good snorkeling, but it got them used to it for later excursions so that worked well & they used the vests to swim further out.

We had a great time there. They tried about everything there, including the pool. We ate a ton and it was all good. We kind of grazed all day and we went down the menu with drinks. Sharing at first then going with individual favorites. Me and my sister also took a break to browse the shops. Which ended up being the only browsing time we ended up getting the whole trip.

We had a great time. I guess for what you've said about LFK and Maya key, it's a combo of both minus the cool snorkeling they may have trips you can take that go out someplace but we weren't interested in that back then.

Have a great time.

This is the cancellation policy - which only has cancel for any reason up to 14 days out:

For the Cozumel Mr. Sanchos All Inclusive Day Pass, we issue a full refund if:

- You want to cancel at any time, for any reason, before or after your arrival. Simply contact us via email within 14 days of your missed excursion date for a complete refund.

edited - I see you can contact them after the date for a refund, which I find interesting. But that means they go ahead and charge you.

It pretty much states you can get a refund if you don't go for any reason and you have up to 14 days after you return to request it. I think we'll be fine.

I've been reading your reviews about Roatan & Little French Key And Maya key so I thought I would post about our Mr Sanchoes experience. We went 2 years ago. Our kids were 6 & 8. It was the first time they were able to play in the ocean. So we were looking for a place with things for them to do, as we didn't know what to expect. We did the AI and got the wrist bands for the water floating park things. We also got them snorkel gear, there wasn't good snorkeling, but it got them used to it for later excursions so that worked well & they used the vests to swim further out.

We had a great time there. They tried about everything there, including the pool. We ate a ton and it was all good. We kind of grazed all day and we went down the menu with drinks. Sharing at first then going with individual favorites. Me and my sister also took a break to browse the shops. Which ended up being the only browsing time we ended up getting the whole trip.

We had a great time. I guess for what you've said about LFK and Maya key, it's a combo of both minus the cool snorkeling they may have trips you can take that go out someplace but we weren't interested in that back then.

Have a great time.

Did you find that your 6 year old had any problems climbing the water toys?

Most of them she could do. There were some that she was better at than her older brother! But some she did struggled with. But there were so many that she could do that she wasn't bothered. The bigger ones are further out, so I liked her being a little closer anyways.

Most of them she could do. There were some that she was better at than her older brother! But some she did struggled with. But there were so many that she could do that she wasn't bothered. The bigger ones are further out, so I liked her being a little closer anyways.

How deep would you say the water is for the ones that are closer up to the beach?