Just off Glory, Ask Away

MrBanana1240

Hello! I am back From my amazing 7 night cruise on Glory. A review with pictures will be coming later, but I just want to open up a thread to all questions about the Glory, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman, the Port of Miami or the Fort Lauderdale Airport transfers. I am here until 8, so I have a lot of time :D

All in all I really enjoyed the cruise. Through rain, rough seas and a port cancellation, we still enjoyed the cruise. I won my first-ever ship-on-a-stick :D

Here here! :)

I booked the Glory as a backup, in case my Sunshine cruise has to be cancelled. Seriously thinking it may be as DHs work schedule is tweaked for 2014. Booked the Glory with the same Eastern Caribbean itinerary as the Sunshine, so no questions there since you did the Western Carib. But I would like to know about the ship, the food, entertainment. Did you stay on Lido Deck? We booked the last scenic OV room, which was the biggest reason I picked Glory. I have the same type cabin reserved on the Sunshine. I was determined to book one of those babies!!

Did you have fttf and if so, how was it boarding out of the port of Miami? I haven't cruise from Miami in years but see alot of negative commentary on here about the organization there. Where did you stay pre-cruise?

Congrats on your ship-on-a-stick win!

Hello! I am back From my amazing 7 night cruise on Glory. A review with pictures will be coming later, but I just want to open up a thread to all questions about the Glory, Cozumel, Roatan, Grand Cayman, the Port of Miami or the Fort Lauderdale Airport transfers. I am here until 8, so I have a lot of time :D

All in all I really enjoyed the cruise. Through rain, rough seas and a port cancellation, we still enjoyed the cruise. I won my first-ever ship-on-a-stick :D

Welcome back! I leave a week from today. What port was cancelled and why?

Here here! :)

I booked the Glory as a backup, in case my Sunshine cruise has to be cancelled. Seriously thinking it may be as DHs work schedule is tweaked for 2014. Booked the Glory with the same Eastern Caribbean itinerary as the Sunshine, so no questions there since you did the Western Carib. But I would like to know about the ship, the food, entertainment. Did you stay on Lido Deck? We booked the last scenic OV room, which was the biggest reason I picked Glory. I have the same type cabin reserved on the Sunshine. I was determined to book one of those babies!!

Did you have fttf and if so, how was it boarding out of the port of Miami? I haven't cruise from Miami in years but see alot of negative commentary on here about the organization there. Where did you stay pre-cruise?

Congrats on your ship-on-a-stick win!

I have never stayed on the lido deck, but I did stay on deck 10. Rarely heard any noise from the pool, and if I did, it was at sailaway, which is always 10x as loud. I did have fttf. It literally took me 7 minutes to go through security and then we boarded right away. It's not the best organization, but it worked. The entertainment was amazing. Very good. Latin Nights was my favorite. Sit in the splash zone!!! And I was very proud of my win ;) If you go glory, you will love it!

How was boarding? Any 2.0features you would recommend?

Guys Burgers- The fries are amazing

The Taste bar- food changes everyday, what I had was GREAT

Comedy club- I heard it was great

Blue Iguana cantina- me gusts blue iguana! ¡Ay!

It's really a great ship. There is a lot more, but not just FunShip 2.0 was great.

Welcome back! I leave a week from today. What port was cancelled and why?

We missed Belize. There were very large swells, and they couldn't properly anchor the ship. After the second try, they did, but winds exceeded 55 mph and the swells showed no sign of stopping, so we had a day at sea. I heard Belize is cancelled often in October/November, so I knew there was a larger chance of missing it now than other times. It's okay though. It just means more cruises! :D

What did you think of the playlist production shows?

Motor City- Very loud, a good show, lots of props

Divas- Very exuberant, some off key notes, but worth 45 minutes I guess

Latin Nights- My favorite cruise ship show ever. Nicely done, not too loud and I loved the wet part-- I won't ruin it for you (:

All in all, I would recommend going to the shows, especially latin nights.

Are there flat screens in all cabins after the 2.0, not that we will be watching much t.v.? Thanks

Yes there are. The room steward has it face the couch instea of the beds, so depending on where you will be watching TV may cause you to have to move it every day.

Guys Burgers- The fries are amazing

The Taste bar- food changes everyday, what I had was GREAT

Comedy club- I heard it was great

Blue Iguana cantina- me gusts blue iguana! ¡Ay!

It's really a great ship. There is a lot more, but not just FunShip 2.0 was great.

Comedy club and serenity deck are my standard hangouts. I do have to try the pig patty at guy's :)

Glad you had a great time. After 3 years of no vacation we are finally going on one again. We would like to know if you can still process film on board? We really took advantage of this and hoped they continued to do this. Only 6 more days for us!

Welcome back from your cruise!

Hubby and I are going next Sunday so I was very happy to read that you had a great time.

Aside from Latin night, anything you experienced on-board that you would consider "not to be missed?"

Also, any tips.... like things you came across mid to late into the cruise and thought: gee I wish I had known that earlier?

Many thanks!

Edited by JillK

What days were the formal night and what night was lobster night in the MDR? Also how long after you left port was the muster drill we leave Superbowl Sunday I'm worried about the muster drill during the game

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Glad you had a great time. After 3 years of no vacation we are finally going on one again. We would like to know if you can still process film on board? We really took advantage of this and hoped they continued to do this. Only 6 more days for us!

No clue, didn't look. Sorry! Try making a separate thread for it.

Welcome back from your cruise!

Hubby and I are going next Sunday so I was very happy to read that you had a great time. Great! So glad to hear!

Aside from Latin night, anything you experienced on-board that you would consider "not to be missed?"Cruise Director Q&A, SPA Raffle, The Taste Bar, Azure Pool

Also, any tips.... like things you came across mid to late into the cruise and thought: gee I wish I had known that earlier? Hasbro the Game Show, The taste bar (found on last night). Not much, as I read several threads and sailed in August prior to this cruise. The Creams Cafe is good, and Blue Iguana Cantina was utilized for the first time on the last sea day and it was very good!

Many thanks!You're welcome!

Hope this helped!

What days were the formal night and what night was lobster night in the MDR? Also how long after you left port was the muster drill we leave Superbowl Sunday I'm worried about the muster drill during the game

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It was the night after the first sea day (Day 2) and I absolutely loved the lobster! I may ditch MDR a couple times, but NEVER on lobster night! And we had muster at around 3:30 and then left at around 4. Hope you don't miss some of the game, :eek:

• 1 month later...

Hi, sounds like you had a great vacation! We're on the same itinerary later this spring and wondering about excursions in each port of call? Any must-sees or any to avoid? Also, wondering how crowded the Serenity Deck(s) got on sea days? And any specialty (pay as you go) restaurants on board that are a must?

Thanks!!