ISO Independence of the Seas Ship model

mzlisap

Just returned from the Thanksgiving sailing on the Independence of the Seas and the gift shop was out of the ship models. I have been collecting these for many years and was wondering if any one had one they were willing to part with or if someone was going would they buy me one and I will send money (paypal) to cover the charge and shipping.

Thanks!

Indy models are quite elusive. I got one off eBay a few months ago and it's actually a lot smaller than the Freedom and Liberty models. I'm hoping it's maybe an older one and they've since replaced it with one the same size...

Indy models are quite elusive. I got one off eBay a few months ago and it's actually a lot smaller than the Freedom and Liberty models. I'm hoping it's maybe an older one and they've since replaced it with one the same size...

The one I got 3 or 4 years ago is also smaller than my Freedom and Liberty. Also noticed when on Oasis in September, that the Oasis model on sale was a lot smaller than the one I have. Maybe they changed supplier, made them smaller but still put the price up :eek:

The one I got 3 or 4 years ago is also smaller than my Freedom and Liberty. Also noticed when on Oasis in September, that the Oasis model on sale was a lot smaller than the one I have. Maybe they changed supplier, made them smaller but still put the price up :eek:
They did actually release two versions of the Oasis and Allure models. The huge 16 inch+ ones were only from the inaugural years (as far as I'm aware). The normal ones are around 13 or 14 inches.

They did actually release two versions of the Oasis and Allure models. The huge 16 inch+ ones were only from the inaugural years (as far as I'm aware). The normal ones are around 13 or 14 inches.

Never knew that. I have one of the huge inaugural season ones. Does anyone have a picture comparison of the two sizes?

That would explain why my Oa and AL models are so huge, the IN was bought on the ship in Europe, maybe they have a different supplier when the ship is based in S'ton

I have an Indy and Liberty model. Bought 3 years apart, and they are virtually identical except for the name.

We'll be back on the Liberty next March, but I won't be buying another model of the same ship, unless it has changed to a new style.

Never knew that. I have one of the huge inaugural season ones. Does anyone have a picture comparison of the two sizes?
I have both versions but one is at work and the other is in my cabinet here at home. I'll see if I can get a pic so you can see the difference. :)