Carnival Miracle Balcony rooms: partition opened?

mistyinca

Can the balcony partitions on the Carnival Miracle be opened by the steward for guests travelling together? We're thinking of going with 3 other couples. We thought it would be fun to open up the balconies if our rooms are side by side.

Can the balcony partitions on the Carnival Miracle be opened by the steward for guests travelling together? We're thinking of going with 3 other couples. We thought it would be fun to open up the balconies if our rooms are side by side.

Not by the steward. The request has to be made at guest services, who, if approved, will send someone to the room to affix a gadget to hold the partition open.

Only a certain amount are opened per sailing, and both parties must be present when making the request.

Not by the steward. The request has to be made at guest services, who, if approved, will send someone to the room to affix a gadget to hold the partition open.

Only a certain amount are opened per sailing, and both parties must be present when making the request.

OK thanks. Yeah, can it be done is what I was primarily getting at rather than who can do it. :)

All of them can't be opened. See this link, if you click on stateroom descriptions then the correct deck you can see the cabin numbers that can't and see the info at the top stating that it is limited and how to do it as you were directed earlier.https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/miracle/miracle.ashx

Not only is that a cool link, but I replaced the 2 instances of "Miracle" with the ship we will be on, the Pride, and that shows the same information for the Pride. I haven't tried it, but if you replace those 2 instance of "Miracle" with a different Carnival ship name, it probably will show the same information for that particular Carnival ship!

Susan

I've not heard of them opening the partitions for 4 cabins in a row.

Usually just 2 if any at all. Don't count on having a big ginormous balcony.

They did it for us on the Pride (sister ship to the Miracle). We had to send 4 people to GS to sign for it, but it was wonderful!

8496124322_c8ebf909ec_z.jpg

Not only is that a cool link, but I replaced the 2 instances of "Miracle" with the ship we will be on, the Pride, and that shows the same information for the Pride. I haven't tried it, but if you replace those 2 instance of "Miracle" with a different Carnival ship name, it probably will show the same information for that particular Carnival ship!

Susan

You just go to http://www.goccl.com then choose Resource Center - Knowledge Center - The Fleet to see the list of ships. There is lots of information on each one.

We were on the Freedom last year & we requested the balcony divider open & there was only 1 problem...the dividers opened inward from the railing it could not be secured to anything because the doors to the room would have been blocked - it became a little annoying as it banged all nite long - eventually we put a temporary shim in the opening at nite which kept it in place -just fyi

We were on the Freedom last year & we requested the balcony divider open & there was only 1 problem...the dividers opened inward from the railing it could not be secured to anything because the doors to the room would have been blocked - it became a little annoying as it banged all nite long - eventually we put a temporary shim in the opening at nite which kept it in place -just fyi

Miracle is a Spirit class ship, and the balcony partitions operate entirely differently than Freedom, which is Conquest class. EM

We went with another couple on the Pride and they wanted that done, and we really didn't. Worked out ok but we like our privacy in the morning etc. We figure we see enough of each other on the trip, so nicer to have your own balcony imo.

Might want to rethink that..

Aft cabins - no. Though it seems to be a secret. We were told for 2 days that someone was coming right up. Then we were told that there is no where to secure them with the clip and cannot be opened. We were trying to get the divider between 8268/8270 opened.

They did it for us on the Pride (sister ship to the Miracle). We had to send 4 people to GS to sign for it, but it was wonderful!

8496124322_c8ebf909ec_z.jpg

Wow, good to know, thanks for sharing.

I guess different ships and lines have different ways of going about this. On previous cruises they were not able to open this many, but that could be due to the design of them opening in the other direction.

Next time I'm with a group, I'll keep this thread in mind. :)