Just off the Pride

treasurespast

Why didn't you just go hang out on lido or something. I always try and relax and let the crowds die down before getting off, I see no point in standing in line when I can be sitting on lido or having breakfast. Then when the line is gone, I just walk off the ship.

You wanted the OP to hang out in this? :eek:

pridelido.jpg

Bill

The Pride has a covered Lido midship--they wouldn't have been exposed to the elements. They usually close the cover when they're in Baltimore during the winter to free up public space.

Judging by the amount of snow near the Lido Pool I'd say they did not have the roof closed....

How did they handle the priority and FTTF? I would like the idea of the Lido deck too. We are having heavy snow too and that is causing a lot of problems here as well.

Funny, I never heard them call priority or FTTF passengers before they called self-assist. They called self-assist on deck 1 first, then self-assists from decks 1 & 8, then those plus all other self-assists at one time, which is where the bottleneck started. Then after they call for all self-assists, they called for self-assists on decks 2 and 7. Didn't make much sense to me.

Edited by treasurespast

Funny, I never heard them call priority or FTTF passengers before they called self-assist. They called self-assist on deck 1 first, then self-assists from decks 1 & 8, then those plus all other self-assists at one time, which is where the bottleneck started. Then after they call for all self-assists, they called for self-assists on decks 2 and 7. Didn't make much sense to me.

They usually get a letter in their room telling them where to go for debarkation .

OK, so all problems aside with the disembarking the ship today, does anyone have and Pride/Baltimore questions I could answer while the cruise is still fresh in my head?

Was the roof closed coming and going from Baltimore?

Is there a pool under that roof and if so was it warm enough to swim?

Bill

Was the roof closed coming and going from Baltimore?

Is there a pool under that roof and if so was it warm enough to swim?

Bill

Yes, the roof was closed coming out of Baltimore and for the first sea day, as well as the last sea day and returning to Baltimore. There is a pool under that roof. I didn't get in, but people (mostly kids) were in it when it was cold outside.

Yes, the roof was closed coming out of Baltimore and for the first sea day, as well as the last sea day and returning to Baltimore. There is a pool under that roof. I didn't get in, but people (mostly kids) were in it when it was cold outside.

thank you. I was on the Pride in 2004 but it was out of Port Canaveral at that time so really never took notice of a roof since it was so warm then.

trying to squeeze a cruise in around March 1 and the only 2 I think we can afford is the Splendor or Pride since airfare is high these days and we just came back from Disney yesterday.

Since it was sunny and 82 in Orlando I'm betting the Bahamas were nice and warm when you were there.

Bill

We were on the 11/24 cruise and we were told early Saturday night that the ship would be about an hour late due to high winds and undertow (10am rather than 9am). They told us they would update us on the new debark schedule and they did. They said go enjoy breakfast (which we did), then went to our cabin with the door cracked and listened for updates. Once they started the self-assist, we went to the platinum holding area and watched a ton of people leave with their luggage. Could not believe how many did the self-assist. When they were ready for platinum, they had someone tell us in person. They do not tell the entire ship. We saw them hold up the self-assist line a few times because of customs backup. It was very efficient, at least for us.

You wanted the OP to hang out in this? :eek:

pridelido.jpg

Bill

I said or something. And as previously stated, part of the Pride's Lido is covered, and you could always hang out in the buffet, that's inside. We usually bring a deck of cards or something and hang out in the buffet while we wait for the lines to die down. This would not be affected by the weather. And there are plenty of other public spaces on the ship where you could sit and wait. No need to jump down my throat!!!

We were on the same cruise and we got lucky hanging out on deck 2 and when they called we ran....lol...was home by 10:15...Now my Ravens are only winning 7-3 ...darn...BTW debarkation was delayed because of the snow we have here...We were extremely lucky.

OH, what a wonderful finish to the Ravens game!!

I said or something. And as previously stated, part of the Pride's Lido is covered, and you could always hang out in the buffet, that's inside. We usually bring a deck of cards or something and hang out in the buffet while we wait for the lines to die down. This would not be affected by the weather. And there are plenty of other public spaces on the ship where you could sit and wait. No need to jump down my throat!!!

My apologies. I didn't think i was jumping down your throat but if that's the way you took it, i sincerely apologize.:o

Bill

Has the Pride received the 2.0 upgrades yet?

Nope. They keep changing the date around and the latest one is that when the Pride leaves Baltimore next October it will go straight to dry dock to be all spiffy for the Tampa cruisers.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I will be glad to answer any questions. Had a great 12/1 cruise which ended with the worse debarkation I've ever experienced. Ship docked at 9:30 and I wasn't off until noon, even with self-assist luggage.

Welcome back! Yikes that is a long time to get off the ship :eek:

I sailed out of Baltimore on the 8th. The snow was on the day that we left - not the day we returned (so hanging out on the Lido would have been fine while waiting to debark). Watching the staff making snowmen was amusing (it was the first time most of them saw snow). The roof was closed over one of the pools. The snow was all melted by the time we woke up on day 2.

We purchased FTTF. We would purchase it again. We were the first to debark after self-assist. I had a friend who was in zone 18 to debark. I was almost half-way home to Upstate NY before she was off the ship. The FTTF line at customer service was terrific (except when other passengers got testy because they had been waiting awhile and we were helped immediately).