Conquest L shaped room or take upgrade?

EWR224

Hi All,

I'm looking for some opinions regarding rooms. I'm currently booked in an

L-shaped room on deck 6, this a cat 8A. For the same price I can upgrade

to an 8e of 8f. She mentioned that cabins on deck 10(1006 & others are

available.

I chose the L-shaped cabin for the larger balcony, in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

We were in 6481 in November. The cabin is a bit cramped compared to other cabins. The cabin sits sideways and isn't as deep as a regular balcony cabin.

In our cabin we had three closets and a vanity with stool, a chair, no sofa, no coffee table. Only one nightstand. We used the stool as another nightstand. The bed faced the wall between the two windows and the balcony was wide enough for three chairs and a small drink table.

The bathroom was on the far wall away from the closets, on the other side of the bed. When the door was open it missed the bed by only a few inches.

The truly odd thing about this cabin was that it creaked. This was the second week of a B2B (we were spoiled in 2470) and the previous cabin was very quiet. The seas were the same both weeks.

We never heard a sound from the stairwells in either cabin.

We wouldn't book this again as we rarely used the balcony. After this we decided that we aren't 'balcony people' after all. If we cruise for balconies I'd not hesitate to book this again.

Edited by SadieN

We had 6442 on the Conquest in October. We loved the room and the large balcony. The L shape was quite different, we thought is was very roomy

If you are not a night owl, the room is virtually uninhabitable. The lounge below alternated comedy and karaoke. Even the comedy noise was terrible. They would play very loud music between the sets. It literally shook the floor.

It you're out in the evening until 12:30 or so, no problem. If you want to go to sleep before that -- good luck! Even with earplugs it was unbearable. :)

Never again for us. We had friends in the same room on deck 7 -- they had no problem. It served us right for booking above a lounge, but we really didn't believe it could possibly be as bad as it was.

Edited by CRUZBUDS

Thank you for the information. We won't mind the noise, we are night owls..lol.

I just don't want to pass up an upgrade if it's a better cabin.

Has anyone stayed in room 1067? or on that deck?

Thanks!

So you would be moving from an L shaped larger balcony to a regular balcony room on higher floors?

If that is true, I would stick with the L shaped. I've had one on the Dream and liked it. The layout is pretty nice and the extra balcony space is nice.

Now if you were moving up to a suite or aft balcony.......that is another story.

Hi All,

I'm looking for some opinions regarding rooms. I'm currently booked in an

L-shaped room on deck 6, this a cat 8A. For the same price I can upgrade

to an 8e of 8f. She mentioned that cabins on deck 10(1006 & others are

available.

I chose the L-shaped cabin for the larger balcony, in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

We try and book the L-shaped cabins as we love them but have had one on the Conquest on deck 6 and you will hear noise from the lounge below on deck 5. If your a night person it will not bother you as much and by night person I mean out to the comedy shows and dance club. As that lounge is used for the Comedy Club.

If you booked the L-shaped cabin for the balcony, keep it. You will not be disappointed. We had 7434 on the Valor. We had 4 chairs, a table and a lounger. The bed faced the door and window. Lay in bed an watch the ocean go by. What could be better than that!

The balcony in the Lshaped room is much bigger then what you are going to get on deck 10. The room is just a different shape then normal. Be careful about being below the gym btw if you go to deck 10.

I'm a big fan of the Lshaped rooms... Have one booked on the Breeze, but on deck 7. If one of those are available I would move to that to avoid the noise.

We have been in the "L" cabin a few times and love it!! Our upcoming cruise we were booked in an aft balcony and switched when the "L" became available. We have never been bothered from the noise in the lounge.....we are usually in the lounge lol

We have been in the "L" cabin a few times and love it!! Our upcoming cruise we were booked in an aft balcony and switched when the "L" became available. We have never been bothered from the noise in the lounge.....we are usually in the lounge lol

LOL it must be an Ontario :D thing as we did the same thing, traded in the aft balconies and took two side by side L shape rooms and we also have the room beside it .. Three rooms in a row.

We had 6442 on the Liberty. We loved the larger balcony--it is double length. What we didn't realize is how much we would miss the couch. We don't watch a lot of TV in the room but when one person was getting ready the other person had no place to sit in the room except the bed. We use the TV to check the charges to the SS card and to view the menus and for news in the morning but you either had to stand and watch or sit on the bed.

It is a toss up for us--we may try an L shape again.

We had 6442 on the Liberty. We loved the larger balcony--it is double length. What we didn't realize is how much we would miss the couch. We don't watch a lot of TV in the room but when one person was getting ready the other person had no place to sit in the room except the bed. We use the TV to check the charges to the SS card and to view the menus and for news in the morning but you either had to stand and watch or sit on the bed.

Two of our "L" 's had the small couch in them.

Our L had 2 chairs and a small table.

Our L had 2 chairs and a small table.

Same for us, we were in 6473. Really loved this cabin for the balcony. We don't watch much tv at home, and really never on a cruise. I could hear a little of the music, mainly just a bass pattern from the nightclub below. It was not very loud & we keep late hours anyway - nothing I would even be aware of because I sleep with ear plugs.

There was so much light in the cabin. 2 windows, plus the door with glass in it. That these cabins are less expensive than other balconies is an extra plus.