Bowl Games Question

We were on Freedom last year. They showed the Rose Bowl and some others. I didn't really watch much, but there were games on. Maybe the problem was you wanted the Ga vs. Bama game :). Fortunately we won't have a problem as we are on Freedom for New Years. We get back on Jan. 5. The team I care about is playing Jan. 6. All I can say is

WAR DAMN EAGLE! :):):)

We were on Freedom last year. They showed the Rose Bowl and some others. I didn't really watch much, but there were games on. Maybe the problem was you wanted the Ga vs. Bama game :). Fortunately we won't have a problem as we are on Freedom for New Years. We get back on Jan. 5. The team I care about is playing Jan. 6. All I can say is

WAR DAMN EAGLE! :):):)

LOL-At least the State got another winner-lucky breaks, but good luck!

Anyone in the past have any information if the Bowl Games will be broadcasted?

We were on LOS last year and they didn't have the GA-AL game on and lots of unhappy people.

Thanks

They do their best to show popular games. We were on a transatlantic two years ago to New Orleans, and many people wanted to see an LSU game. We were mid-ocean with no satellite TV service. The IT people found a way to get the internet stream and broadcast it throughout the ship.

Edited by clarea

We sailed the Freedom last the New Year’s Eve and it seemed there was always some game on some channel and often on the big screen at the pool. There were NFL games as well as the College Bowl games.

One of my favorite experiences of the cruise ( which, by the way, the entire cruise was OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY) was sitting by the pool, on a beautiful sea day watching my team ( go Gamecocks) win the Outback bowl! Priceless!

enjoy

M

Check ESPN Caribbean- their two ESPN channels are what is on for Caribbean sailings.

When there are two games on, I'm fairly certain that they will choose an ABC or ESPN game over a CBS game- which may have been why you didn't see the GA-AL game- SEC is on CBS.

They only show sports on those two stations.

We noted that on the T-Giving cruise, the NFL football games were on both channels- could have been RCTV doing that, but I am not sure.

Just looking at their web page, it appears that the schedule only goes out a couple of days. So an e-mail to ESPN to see if they will broacast the bowl games there may be in order.

Anyone in the past have any information if the Bowl Games will be broadcasted?

We were on LOS last year and they didn't have the GA-AL game on and lots of unhappy people.

Thanks

I don't have any specific info ....... but it appears YOU do!?!? The only sporting event you are assured of seeing on a cruise ship is the Super Bowl.

Be hopeful of seeing anything else, but be prepared to miss it.

The factors involved are:

1) ACTUAL channel availability.

2) The willingness / expertise of the crew to search for a specific game.

Good Luck!!! :)