7nt SUMMIT vs 10nt EQUINOX

shayausten

Well I did it. I booked the Equinox. I sure hope I like an ocean view. I will miss the balcony but would miss the 1500 dollar difference even more :). Thanks for all the help. Now to meet someone on our cruise on the boards and plan shore excursions.

Congrats! I am confident you will love the Equinox and when you hit day 7 and realize you have 3 more days, you will be overjoyed. Happy sails!

agreed!! we did this 2 years ago and are on Silvermoon again while we sail EQuinox for 10 nights...again:D

you will love Equinox!

We will also be on the 1/10 equinox sailing and also doing the silver moon cat. Are you doing the 12 or 24 person catamaran?

We will also be on the 1/10 equinox sailing and also doing the silver moon cat. Are you doing the 12 or 24 person catamaran?

We are doing the 12 person. What excursions have you picked for the other ports? St. Maarten is busy with 5 ships so looking for something there as well as St. Kitts. We love to snorkel.

We are doing the 12 person. What excursions have you picked for the other ports? St. Maarten is busy with 5 ships so looking for something there as well as St. Kitts. We love to snorkel.

We are also doing the 12 person. We were on the 12 person last month and it was the best. With our drink package on the ship and having just been to St Kitts we will probably hang on the ship by the pool. In St Kitts you can contact the St Kitts Marriott for a day pass. It's 35 per person and gives you use of the beach with chairs, the pool and facilities. If you opt to do that I would e-mail them soon to make sure you can still get in. St Maarten is still up in the air for us. It is really a great port. On past cruises we've been to Orient Beach, done a few catamarans through the ship, and also walked to the beach across from the ship. In St Maarten, the Equinox and Adventurer both are scheduled to arrive at 8am, Oceana 8am ,the Pacific Princess 9am and Azura 9am. I'm thinking we will go to the beach next to the ship or Orient Beach. We really enjoy the beach, water and sun , so 2 chairs, an umbrella and a few beers on the beach are so nice. After going on the Silver Moon catamaran, the ship catamaran excursions(even though it's still very good) are not even close to the Silver Moon experience. I was just in Celebrity's website. The Golden Eagle cat is 4 hrs and is one of the better ship excursion catamarans we've been on. They have a few snorkeling sites, drinks and a great time. Only 20 more days!!!!

Edited by LynandBill

Enjoy! You will love the 10 day vs 7. Able to get in the liming mode so much more. Once you do 10 day it is hard to go back. We do balconies for special occasions but never mind the inside or ocean view. We spend so little time in room. You might find the cruisers older on 10 day but will be very seasoned. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I looked today and have been upgraded to a balcony. I was surprised to see that my cabin number had changed. It is an obstructed view balcony but that is okay. It is 5 days to sailing so lets hope they do not switch me back. I guess that is the chance you take when you book a GTY. I will be okay with either one :) I am glad I picked the 10 night cruise. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Edited by shayausten

You made a good choice - and an upgrade to a balcony for no extra $$ - wonderful. I have sailed almost all of Celebrity's ships (current and prior) and of all the ships I found the Equinox far and away the most beautiful. I honestly was just blown away with her decor. We had a great cruise on her - I am sure you will as well. Ten days is so much nicer than seven - usually it takes a few days to unwind so in a seven day cruise you are almost getting ready to leave by the time you finally relax. It is sooooo nice to have a few extra days to chill. Enjoy.

I am not sure...a group of us from this sailing signed up together to get on one of the cats...

this will be our second time with silvermoon. looking forward to it for sure! they are first class all the way!

Well I looked today and have been upgraded to a balcony. I was surprised to see that my cabin number had changed. It is an obstructed view balcony but that is okay. It is 5 days to sailing so lets hope they do not switch me back. I guess that is the chance you take when you book a GTY. I will be okay with either one :) I am glad I picked the 10 night cruise. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Congrats!!!

you must be on the 1/10 sailing with us! check out our roll call...great group!