Letter from Adventure Of the Seas Concierge

JimAOk1945

I recieved an email from the concierge yesterday...but we are not in a suite. Is this something they are starting to do for everyone?

I've not heard of emails going to guests that are not in suites or are not Pinnacle. Could be something that particular Concierge decided to do on their own.

Is the Diamond Lounge Concierge pretty much the same on the CL concierge?

Not the same physical person obviously- but I mean- do they do the same thing pretty much?

Yes, they provide very similar services. There will be some differences associated with perks for suite guests that the Suite Concierge takes care of that the Diamond Concierge doesn't. For example, the Suite Concierge might help a suite guest order room service dinner from the MDR menu for a suite guest.

Well, the email said "Ryan from the concierge desk"...so maybe its just a representative? They were offering help to set up excursions, spa treatments, air quotes, etc. I don't need much help, thanks to you fine people on cruise critic, but thought it was nice to recieve the email.

Edited by iiramos

Well, the email said "Ryan from the concierge desk"...so maybe its just a representative? They were offering help to set up excursions, spa treatments, air quotes, etc. I don't need much help, thanks to you fine people on cruise critic, but thought it was nice to recieve the email.

Oh, now that you mention it, I've seen other people report that. I don't believe that email is coming from the ship's Concierge. I believe that's coming from a shore side person.

Just off FOS Sunday. We received nothing from the Concierge prior to the cruise - no letters or e-mails. On the cruise we got canned messages from the Concierge each evening with what special events were happening the next day, or port info re: arrival/departure time. We loved the Concierge lounge - but the Concierge himself didn't go out of his way to introduce himself or offer any help, or even look up from his desk to greet people as they entered.

Very sad for fos cruisers. We had a great concierge on fos but thar was two years ago on that ship, so no doubt it is someone new. Unfortunarelt there is not consistency across ships. To weatherman, some of the smaller ships have same concierge for cl and dl. Our Sucel on aos worked both lounges tirelessly, but noone felt neglected. Oasis ships usually have two conierges.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Just off FOS Sunday. We received nothing from the Concierge prior to the cruise - no letters or e-mails. On the cruise we got canned messages from the Concierge each evening with what special events were happening the next day, or port info re: arrival/departure time. We loved the Concierge lounge - but the Concierge himself didn't go out of his way to introduce himself or offer any help, or even look up from his desk to greet people as they entered.

It must be a new concierge on FOS -- ours was fabulous last August! Very helpful!

Very sad for fos cruisers. We had a great concierge on fos but thar was two years ago on that ship, so no doubt it is someone new. Unfortunarelt there is not consistency across ships. To weatherman, some of the smaller ships have same concierge for cl and dl. Our Sucel on aos worked both lounges tirelessly, but noone felt neglected. Oasis ships usually have two conierges.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Sucel is very good

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your replies. We returned from our cruise on Sunday. It was a pleasure meeting Suchel Anderson. She is a great concierge.

Thanks Jim, looking forward to meeting her next month.

Edited by SSVacation

• 11 months later...
Are there any other freebies or upgrades you have been successful in acquiring from the regular concierge?

I don't know whether this counts as a freebie, but on our Alaska Radiance of the Seas cruise a couple of years ago, I expressed an interest in dining with the captain. Later that day, when we returned to our suite, we received a written invitation to have dinner with the captain on the first formal night of that cruise. While others may not consider this noteworthy, we were quite excited and enjoyed it.

We had Ryno as the Concierge lounge rep on our Dec 14th Adventure sailing. He sent an e:mail ahead of time, followed up promptly on an e:mail we sent back, and did a great job helping out during the week.

We usually receive an e:mail about a week prior to the cruise from the Concierge rep when in a suite (Allure, Oasis, Adventure).

• 2 weeks later...

We have always received a welcome email from the concierge. We've sailed multiple times on Serenade of the Seas over in Europe as well as Adventure of the Seas in the Caribbean. Rami on Serenade of the Seas was by far the absolute best concierge we've ever had! He's now on the Oasis. It's good to establish that relationship early on / from the first email. The help and guidance from the concierge is invaluable!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your replies. We returned from our cruise on Sunday. It was a pleasure meeting Suchel Anderson. She is a great concierge.

We are sailing Adventure the end of March. Do you know how long Suchel will be on board?