How many changes can you do to a reservation?

voyager89

Hello all

I have a question -as usual-

I am working with my TA on my upcoming cruise in like less than a month. We had an interior cabin and then prices dropped for the guaranteed OVs so I asked her to change it for me. She did and now assigned OVs are even cheaper that guaranteed so with te initial price I paid, I can get an assigned OV and even get gratuities paid up.

I asked her to change it and she is telling me if I do a second change it will be 58 dollars. Is this true?

I'm not sure if she is either lazy or what. She is not being really helpful, she is taking forever to answer me and if I don't push her she won't do things. Needless to say this is the last cruise I will book with her. I really wish there was a way to transfer the reservation from her to RC directly so I had control if the reservation and do the changes on my own. We don't have any benefits whatsoever by using her services, we just booked with her because our previous cruise whih was the first one the customer service we received was just awful and they offered us a (very small) discount to keep our business. If I had know all this trouble I would have passed on this very small discount to be able to control my reservation.

Is there really ANY way I can do any change with Royal online or the phone?

Thank you!

You are always so helpful to me, thanks a bunch!

My final payment date has passed, I guess I forgot to mention that...

After final payment date, Royal allows you to upgrade with no penalty. All you would have to pay is the difference between fares, if any.

Didnt want to open another thread for this question,

Price dropped again, but the next category up is not available. Would I be able to add gratuities to my reservation so it pays up with the total amount I paid to my TA?

You can add gratuities to the booking, but you would pay extra for them.

Except for the 48 hour price guarantee (which you are not eligible for), you cannot get any kind of monetary credit from Royal after final payment date.

Edited by clarea

Royal does not charge for reservation changes made before final payment date.

Though Royal does not charge a for reservations changes made before final payment, it could be the TA's policy to charge a fee. Therefore it's always important before booking with any TA to determine what additional charges /fees that TA imposes.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Sorry Bob, but not true. In Scandinavia (and UK I believe) we have to pay a fee (aproxx $ 42 per person)for every change we make, even for price drops.

Here in the UK we pay £75pp per change, that's why I now book with a US TA..:D

Of course you are both correct, and I apologize for not mentioning that I was quoting US booking rules. Thanks!:)

Hello all

I have a question -as usual-

I am working with my TA on my upcoming cruise in like less than a month. We had an interior cabin and then prices dropped for the guaranteed OVs so I asked her to change it for me. She did and now assigned OVs are even cheaper that guaranteed so with te initial price I paid, I can get an assigned OV and even get gratuities paid up.

I asked her to change it and she is telling me if I do a second change it will be 58 dollars. Is this true?

I'm not sure if she is either lazy or what. She is not being really helpful, she is taking forever to answer me and if I don't push her she won't do things. Needless to say this is the last cruise I will book with her. I really wish there was a way to transfer the reservation from her to RC directly so I had control if the reservation and do the changes on my own. We don't have any benefits whatsoever by using her services, we just booked with her because our previous cruise whih was the first one the customer service we received was just awful and they offered us a (very small) discount to keep our business. If I had know all this trouble I would have passed on this very small discount to be able to control my reservation.

Thank you!

You can't get a lower price after final payment, only upgrade

Hello all

Thank you!

Since you booked through a TA, the TA controls/owns your reservation. Therefore RCCL will not allow you to do any on-line changes to the reservation. Also if you call RCCL directly the representative will only refer you back to your TA. This is why I always book directly with RCCL so I control my own reservation.

When you "hire" a TA you go by whatever rules they set. A TA could charge you $100 every time you called them or emailed them. These charges would not be coming from the cruise line, but from the independent business owner.

You should always ask a TA for a copy of any rules they have regarding additional fees of any kind, that way you know in advance what they can charge you for.

It kind of like my business CPA, sometimes I send them an email with a question and they answer it for free. Sometimes they send me a bill for 15 minutes of time. An annoyance sure, but I am taking up their time.

Edited by dadroy