Missing Honeymooner- What Cabin??? How is the Brilliance?????

Just curious....what cabin had the deceased Conn. man occupied?

Also, what was your general opinion of the Brilliance?

Have read some positives and some less than positive. Showing wear, etc.

I have a Med. cruise booked on the BOS for 2006. Thinking of

reconsidering for the Millie or Princess.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Marty :(

Marty,

Not sure exact cabin, but supposedly ninth deck.

The BOS is a beautiful ship and in great shape. I would sail her again. In fact, after 5 other ships, this was my favorite.

The med on Brilliance is awesome. Enjoy.

(While on board, crew members announced they were just ranked #1 on the customer service surveys among all RCI ships.)

Jack

I am just off the Brilliance and there is really no sign of wear. Maybe some of the toliet seats were chipped;) but thats all I could see. This was my third time on the ship and it looks like they are taking really good care of her.

Carrie

How was the food overall? I just read a rather negative review of the food quality, but it might be the person has very, very high expectations. We are long time RCI cruisers, have been on the Splendour, Enchantment, and Grandeur in the last 3 years, so we are aware of what the food service is like on RCI ships. We are generally very pleased with it.

Thanks!

What if he was in a cabin that you had booked for a future cruise? Would you cancel it? I wouldn't.

I would switch room!

From the looks of it someone was murdered in that room, blood on bed/carpet/balcony? You want to stay there knowing that? Sleep tite!

Just off the Brilliance June 29th cruise. The ship is in excellent condition and it is obvious they are keeping her like new.

Was on the same cruise as the missing honeymooner, in fact we were apparently a few doors down from him midship on deck 9, but didn't meet him or his wife. It's a very sad story and the truth about what happened may never be known. I do hope that they find his body so his family can have some closure to this tragic event.

I would switch room!

From the looks of it someone was murdered in that room, blood on bed/carpet/balcony? You want to stay there knowing that? Sleep tite!

I agree! 100% I even ask when buying a home if anyone has been known to die in it! The thought of living somewhere that someone died creeps me out! Not to mention the thought of blood being in the carpet.

I agree! 100% I even ask when buying a home if anyone has been known to die in it! The thought of living somewhere that someone died creeps me out! Not to mention the thought of blood being in the carpet.

My kid sister bought a house in Jericho NY back in the 70's lived there about 10-12 years. There was a 55 gal drum under the back porch ( crawl space)

that had been there since she bought the house - we assumed was there from the builder. She sold the house and moved. House was subsequently sold two or three times after that. last sale, the new buyer asked the selled to remove the drum from under the house which he did and brought it out to front lawn figuring the garbage men would take it - NOT! so the next day they opened the drum and found a mummified woman's body.

This made the news - long and short the guy my sister bought the house from killed his mistress and put her in the drum. Lived there 6 years and sold the house to my sister who lived there with body for another 10- 12.

This was on TV - Talk about weird - to this day every time she buys a new house -we ask her if she checked for a drum

I would switch room!

As long as they have everything cleaned up, I wouldn't mind. DF agrees with me. :D

Ohh, Hermang, you just gave me the chills. Wasn't that a "Cold Case Files" episode on A&E? He owned a factory, she was a young immigrant girl who he got pregnant? I've been a student for the past few years, so daytime TV has been a friend at times! I've seen that one a couple of times. Very sad and freaky all at the same time. You might wonder why he didn't take the barrel along... seems someone sometime would have opened it, right? Sorry to go off topic.

• 6 months later...
Just curious....what cabin had the deceased Conn. man occupied?

Also, what was your general opinion of the Brilliance?

Have read some positives and some less than positive. Showing wear, etc.

I have a Med. cruise booked on the BOS for 2006. Thinking of

reconsidering for the Millie or Princess.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Marty :(

The Smiths were in # 9062. Haven't been on the ship so I can't contribute anything else.

My kid sister bought a house in Jericho NY back in the 70's lived there about 10-12 years. There was a 55 gal drum under the back porch ( crawl space)

that had been there since she bought the house - we assumed was there from the builder. She sold the house and moved. House was subsequently sold two or three times after that. last sale, the new buyer asked the selled to remove the drum from under the house which he did and brought it out to front lawn figuring the garbage men would take it - NOT! so the next day they opened the drum and found a mummified woman's body.

This made the news - long and short the guy my sister bought the house from killed his mistress and put her in the drum. Lived there 6 years and sold the house to my sister who lived there with body for another 10- 12.

This was on TV - Talk about weird - to this day every time she buys a new house -we ask her if she checked for a drum

Oh my, I saw that one on Forensic Files.

If a murder took place in a house it will show up on a title rundown. I know someone who lives in a house that Craig Price (relatively infamous Rhode Island double murderer) committed one of his murders in and it shows up on the title report.

It wouldnt bother me in the least.

What you dont know wont hurt you.

How many of us stay in hotels pre-cruise? How many people have dropped dead of heart attacks in those rooms?

How many of you would really like to know what the previous couple did in your bed? Assuming it wasnt more than just a couple doing it. :D

I would switch room!

I think the blood has been cleaned up ;) . I would have no problems with staying in that cabin. Maybe it's now haunted and he can give us insider tips.

-Monte

I would switch room!

What makes you so sure? I've never read of any blood anywhere but on the outside canopy. I still believe the guy was drunk and foolishly sat on the railing of his balcony, then simply fell off. I wouldn't not stay in a room because someone did a foolish thing in it. If that were the case, I'd never stay in a hotel or cruise ship again.

• 1 month later...

The only blood was on the canopy, loud noise from the room but no signs of a struggle. I believe he died in the ocean not the room....therefore no reason to feel weird about the room.... his spirit is out in the Mediterranean somewhere.

Or as I believe we will hear from him in 13 years because he finally found his way off his desert island like Tom Hanks in castaway ;)

Jen

Adventure of the Seas….. 63 days

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Premier’s Olympia 1999/ 1992

Monarch of the Seas 1994

Back to the original topic - BOS Med cruise. I was on the 12-night Greek Isles cruise in Oct. All I can say is that it was the absolute most fantastic cruise that I have ever been on. I had an incredibly long review of the trip and my excursions if anyone is interested. I personally loved the Brilliance and would go back on her in an instant. I didn't notice anything rundown enough to cause me concern. There were a few spots on the carpet and torn wallpaper, but if that is enough to ruin your cruise, it's time to find another form of vacation. The food was pretty good. I'm not claiming 5-star dining, although Chops and Portofinos come extremely close. Anytime I ordered something that I didn't like, I would request my second choice. I was in cabin 9588 - D1 hump. Great views! We had an excellent view of Stromboli when we cruised past. Most of the time we were on the dock side so we could watch the last minute people running to get back onboard.

I WANT TO GO BACK!

• 2 months later...

Archived