Power Strip

djhsolara

My power strip was confiscated on the Carnival Dream last week! It left us in bad shape....the steward provided an extension cord to provide more outlets thank goodness. Now i know to bring only a simple power strip.

Just curious, was in in your carry on bag?

We keep our strips with our machines, however from what i'm gathering there is only 1 outlet by the vanity right? none by the beds?? how long of extension cord should we bring and where can we pack it. was planning on putting it in the duffle bag with our shoes and misc checked luggage. now that i'm reading this i'm a bit afraid don't want it confiscated.

I always contact specialneeds@carnival.com, with my booking number, alerting them that we are bringing a CPAP (no oxygen) and carry the email with me that states:

"

Carnival Cruise Lines is dedicated to offering a quality cruising experience for our guests with special requirements. Our ships provide excellent service and a variety of accessibility features to make your voyage an exciting, relaxing and a memorable one.

Carnival Cruise Lines permits guest who use BIPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, and Nebulizers onboard; guests must bring their own equipment onboard for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). It is recommended that you bring your own extension cord and power strip (if multiple cpap’s) to accommodate your equipment comfortably.

"

So far we have never had an issue.

Hi :)

I also use the Belkin. No cords & no issues with customs. I simply

pack it in my carry-on along with my camera equipment..

powerstrip_zpsa6dfd261.jpg

:)

I just grabbed one from WalMart a little while ago, after reading a review on it. I also carry it in either my camera or laptop bag. I have made a few friends at the airport with this little device.

I always contact specialneeds@carnival.com, with my booking number, alerting them that we are bringing a CPAP (no oxygen) and carry the email with me that states:

"

Carnival Cruise Lines is dedicated to offering a quality cruising experience for our guests with special requirements. Our ships provide excellent service and a variety of accessibility features to make your voyage an exciting, relaxing and a memorable one.

Carnival Cruise Lines permits guest who use BIPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, and Nebulizers onboard; guests must bring their own equipment onboard for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). It is recommended that you bring your own extension cord and power strip (if multiple cpap’s) to accommodate your equipment comfortably.

"

So far we have never had an issue.

Not all ships have the German style outlet.

I know the Inspiration has British style outlets.