Disney wonder 12/21/13

Mrearl

Just wondering what prevented the Princess ship from docking?

Keith

I'd assume the weather, zero visibility on our drive home. On ship-no issues, started to rain as we disembarked, then poured. The drive sucked, to put it nicely. Houston with no visibility, not fun.

We pulled into port right around 5:30 am.

(Rain the whole way home, we pulled up to soaking wet packages, apparently everyone mailed them to us last week, dripping wet, writing washed off...fun stuff there.)

Edited by Gardeneroflove

Weather prevented the Caribbean Princess from docking in Houston. I understood the weather to be just in Houston, not south, so I didn't expect Galveston to be affected.

However, based on everything I've been reading, I would be in no rush to get on a cruise out of Houston.

Weather prevented the Caribbean Princess from docking in Houston. I understood the weather to be just in Houston, not south, so I didn't expect Galveston to be affected.

However, based on everything I've been reading, I would be in no rush to get on a cruise out of Houston.

Port of Gal sucks, as far as nice ports go. I think we've been out of Houston before on NCL? I know we didn't fly and it wasn't out of New Orleans, so I'm thinking Houston. But I don't remember the port.

Light rain started as we disembarked, right as we got our luggage, the nice porter dropped our bags on the wet ground, yeah, thanks for that. By the time we hit Houston and the rest of the trip, it sucked.