December 2013 cruise review with many pictures

scubacruiserx2

On 2/18/2014 at 10:59 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

After returning from our tour to Punta Tombo we had a dinner date at the Pinnacle grill for the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre . This occurs only one time during the cruise . I'm not usually one for interactive crime-fighting but I do enjoy fine dining - so we were there !! We were thrilled with the menu and wine pairing

IMG_3807-001_zps9029f334.jpg

It looks like we not the only ones that had too much wine as this out of focus photo shows !!

IMG_2663-001_zpsab53e1ef.jpg

We won't give too many details except to say that we had a great time , a great dinner and a campy show that we won't forget !!!

In this clip the Detective interrogates a suspect

This is the correct video

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I am reading your 2013 South American cruise. We are going on a similar NCL cruise in February 2019 & your information is very helpful. Your pictures are wonderful; I will be looking thru them again before we leave. The only down side is that the videos only come through with 'The piano man at Pike Mkt in Seattle.' :)

17 hours ago, Mellymouse said:

I am reading your 2013 South American cruise. We are going on a similar NCL cruise in February 2019 & your information is very helpful. Your pictures are wonderful; I will be looking thru them again before we leave. The only down side is that the videos only come through with 'The piano man at Pike Mkt in Seattle.' 🙂

That sounds like a great cruise . We will also be cruising to SA on the Zaandam on Dec 17 this year which will include Antarctica and the Falkland Islands . We have directed the video glitch to CC but it has not been fixed yet . Here's a couple of videos that should work .

On 11/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, Mellymouse said:

This is one of the many photos you posted that I love.

We're glad that you love them . It's a beautiful place and we had excellent weather for the glaciers and ushuaia which made the photos pop . The day before we had wind and sleet and a cruise ship was prevented from docking in Ushuaia .

I've enclosed our upcoming cruise itinerary . We are scheduled to visit Glacier Alley and Ushuaia on Christmas Day - hopefully a white Christmas ! And on New Years we will be crossing the Drake Passage . :classic_ohmy:

da138f34-0c42-4bdc-ae0e-c8b3464cdb1e_zps

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We're glad that you love them . It's a beautiful place and we had excellent weather for the glaciers and ushuaia which made the photos pop . The day before we had wind and sleet and a cruise ship was prevented from docking in Ushuaia .

I've enclosed our upcoming cruise itinerary . We are scheduled to visit Glacier Alley and Ushuaia on Christmas Day - hopefully a white Christmas ! And on New Years we will be crossing the Drake Passage . :classic_ohmy:

da138f34-0c42-4bdc-ae0e-c8b3464cdb1e_zps

It looks like a great cruise. You'll have a terrific adventure.

• 4 weeks later...

Scubacruiserx2.  I just finished page 3 of your review and I am in awe.  Your commentary and photographs are wonderful.  Our trip Santiago-Buenas Aires with Viking Ocean is not until January 2020 but your writing is certainly building the excitement.  I especially loved your water shots after cruising through Glacier Alley.  Very artsy.  I captured similar photos accidentally when we cruised through Gerianger Fjord in Norway last summer. My friends loved them.  

On 12/16/2018 at 11:30 AM, TayanaLorna said:

Scubacruiserx2.  I just finished page 3 of your review and I am in awe.  Your commentary and photographs are wonderful.  Our trip Santiago-Buenas Aires with Viking Ocean is not until January 2020 but your writing is certainly building the excitement.  I especially loved your water shots after cruising through Glacier Alley.  Very artsy.  I captured similar photos accidentally when we cruised through Gerianger Fjord in Norway last summer. My friends loved them.  

Thank you TayanaLorna . We look forward sharing some new photos after we return ( Puerto Montt in the morning ) . Antarctica looms on the horizon in about a week and we had a great pre cruise visit to El Calafate , Torres del Paine and El Chalten with a 4 glacier day cruise to Perito Moreno in the rear view mirror . A lot of beautiful scenery on this trip ! 

Sometimes an accidental photo is better than an intentional one since it comes as a pleasant surprise , but sometimes you capture just what you want and thats a joy of photography . :classic_smile:

Edited by scubacruiserx2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We are currently re doing this cruise and are in Antarctica . Beautiful yesterday and this morning but overcast and bumpy right now . We will have some great photos after we return and review this trip .

I have been watching the ship's progress on Marine Traffic and your weather on Windy.  I am so looking forward to your travelogue when you return but don't wish your cruise to end so soon!  Did you hear on ship about the fellow who crossed Antarctica on skis without the help of wind kite?  Just completed his record and historic trip.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:52 PM, TayanaLorna said:

I have been watching the ship's progress on Marine Traffic and your weather on Windy.  I am so looking forward to your travelogue when you return but don't wish your cruise to end so soon!  Did you hear on ship about the fellow who crossed Antarctica on skis without the help of wind kite?  Just completed his record and historic trip.

No we did not , that's amazing . Most of the ship's movements toward ports or viewing areas are based on the rapidly changing weather we have here . Snow , wind and sometimes bumpy or calm is the norm . We have been shooting a lot of photos and move quickly to a viewing point when whale , sea lions and penguins are spotted ( after putting on outside clothes ) . Bring binoculars since distant viewing on the ship is the norm .

On 12/30/2018 at 5:49 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

No we did not , that's amazing . Most of the ship's movements toward ports or viewing areas are based on the rapidly changing weather we have here . Snow , wind and sometimes bumpy or calm is the norm . We have been shooting a lot of photos and move quickly to a viewing point when whale , sea lions and penguins are spotted ( after putting on outside clothes ) . Bring binoculars since distant viewing on the ship is the norm .

Currently en route to the Falkland Islands where we hope to see King Penguins . We have seen Gentoo and Chinstrap at a distance and swimming , wow are they fast . Mostly Hump Back Whales and a couple of type B Orcas as the big stuff . 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:10 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Currently en route to the Falkland Islands where we hope to see King Penguins . We have seen Gentoo and Chinstrap at a distance and swimming , wow are they fast . Mostly Hump Back Whales and a couple of type B Orcas as the big stuff . 

Did you make it to Volunteer Point? Any photos to share?

13 hours ago, dog said:

Did you make it to Volunteer Point? Any photos to share?

Yes we did and we have over 10,OOO ! We still have 3 nights in Buenos Aires before returning home and then the culling and editing before we can really share them . It will be about a week .

• Like 1