Why do I get sick on all of my cruises?

flatman

Not an allergy! Nausea, vomiting, dry heaves are NOT signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction. Signs of allergy are hives, rash, facial and throat swelling.

Allergic reactions manifest in many forms and vomiting can absolutely be one of them!

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Allergic reactions manifest in many forms and vomiting can absolutely be one of them!

I have to agree. I react to a few medications this way and the nurses and doctors did write it off as an allergic reaction.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I have to agree. I react to a few medications this way and the nurses and doctors did write it off as an allergic reaction.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Yup! When you ingest something you are allergic to, your body will usually try to purge that allergen out of your system as fast as possible, including vomiting and sometimes diarrhea.

Another non "hive" or skin reaction to allergens is a stuffy, runny nose caused by histamines reacting to inhaled allergens such as various pollens, particulates found in smoke, etc.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

FYI my cruise cough turned into bronchitis turned in asthma turned into full blown pneumonia and they are testing me for rare forms as it's not responding to antibiotics. I am in hospital. They haven't ruled out me picking something on cruise ship mentioned several things. Saying tight quarters with guests/staff from all over world and my somewhat immunocompromised may have been correct formula. They have no. More icu beds so are turning mine into an icu with drips and putting me on a Cpap mask in a few herel Told me they've had severe patients in icu with flu and pneumonia right off cruises. Also off long airplane flights and close quarter travel so I guess it's a risk we take.

I will cruise again, I just will be much more prepared in future. No hot tubs, sauna, steam rooms or self service anything. Funny thing I did have my pneumonia and flu shot before cruise but this they think is a rare strain they are testing for stuff like Rocky Mountain and legionaires and something called hot tub pneumonia ? Never heard of it l..

• 4 weeks later...

I found that i seem to be more sensitive to the food, drink, heat, cold, sun, fun on our cruises. Hubby gets uncomfortable because his inner ear stuff. Perhaps its the changes in motion between the land, the ship, air pressure from the flight. Inner ear issues can be tricky. At least consider getting your ears rinsed out before thecruise. Good luck!