Included drinks, where to eat meals, etc

gritsnc

What drinks are included? I have been all over the Carnival site and can't find the answer. I thought I read here that cappuccino is included. I know coffee is, but do they have creamers (of not, I will bring my own)?

Also, I thought you could only eat in the MDR for supper. I just read in another thread where someone suggested eating in there for breakfast. Can you eat ANY meal there? Do you order off a menu? I thought breakfast and lunch were all buffets. Does it cost extra to eat somewhere other than the buffet?

One last question (for the moment anyways)...if I bring a bottle of wine on board before departing, will they put it in my room? I don't want it for dinner. I just want to pour a glass when I go to my room in the evenings.

Thank you!

Free drinks are iced tea and lemonade. Coffee, Hot Choc & Tea. Juices at breakfast. Cappuccino used to be included after dinner, but they stopped doing that. There is a very nice pay coffee bar.

The dining rooms are open every day for dinner, and brunch on sea days. I think they are open for breakfast on port days as well. All ordered off a menu. No cost for anything in the dining rooms. Well, drinks are extra.

There are one or two pay restaurants on a ship. The steakhouse charges $35 per person. The newer ships have an Italian place as well.

You carry on your own bottle of wine. You can drink it in your room. If you bring it to a dining room, they may charge a corkage fee.

Free drinks are iced tea and lemonade. Coffee, Hot Choc & Tea. Juices at breakfast. Cappuccino used to be included after dinner, but they stopped doing that. There is a very nice pay coffee bar.

The dining rooms are open every day for dinner, and brunch on sea days. I think they are open for breakfast on port days as well. All ordered off a menu. No cost for anything in the dining rooms. Well, drinks are extra.

There are one or two pay restaurants on a ship. The steakhouse charges $35 per person. The newer ships have an Italian place as well.

You carry on your own bottle of wine. You can drink it in your room. If you bring it to a dining room, they may charge a corkage fee.

Thank you. Another question....we are bringing the 12 sodas pp that are allowed in the carry on. Will our room be ready when we board the ship so we can drop off our carry on, or do we have to lug our carry on with us everywhere we go until the room is ready?

Forgot to mention. Room service is free, but please tip the waiter. 24 hour pizza free. Nice deli area for free. Hamburger etc grills free. Free soft serve ice cream.

A ton of options.

Awesome! What do you normally tip for room service?

Your room will be ready about 1:30, unless you buy FTTF. You can find a spot to eat lunch from the buffet, and take turns sitting with your stuff while the other grabs food.

We only get room service for breakfast, and we tip $2-5, depending on how much we order. My daughter loves the lox and bagels.

Thank you. Another question....we are bringing the 12 sodas pp that are allowed in the carry on. Will our room be ready when we board the ship so we can drop off our carry on, or do we have to lug our carry on with us everywhere we go until the room is ready?

You will need to hang on to it until the room is ready (usually around 1:30pm).... unless you have purchased FTTF or are a VIP... then you can drop it off.

Awesome! What do you normally tip for room service?

$1 per item/plate ordered is typical

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We usually give a few bucks each time. No matter if 1 item, or 10 on the tray.

But that is not to say you can not give more.

You all are so helpful! Everyone in my party is clueless. I thought I read where someone said their room wasn't ready until after supper.

Does anyone know what night formal night is on the Fantasy?

I think what you might have read was that your luggage may not arrive until after dinner, that sometimes is the case but your room will be ready well before dinner.

You all are so helpful! Everyone in my party is clueless. I thought I read where someone said their room wasn't ready until after supper.

Dear OP your bags can take a bit to arrive at your room as another had posted your room should be ready by 130pm. So just a piece of advice make sure you carry meds. and a change of clothing suck as bathing suit if u just cant wait to swim. And most important have a blast.

Formal night is usually the 2nd night of the cruise and if on a 7 day, the 5 night as well.

Hmm...I did a Google search and somewhere it said that Elegant night was the first night. Wouldn't I need to carry on our "elegant" clothes for dinner that night? What a pain if that's the case. I wonder if they could tell me if I called Carnival.

Hmm...I did a Google search and somewhere it said that Elegant night was the first night. Wouldn't I need to carry on our "elegant" clothes for dinner that night? What a pain if that's the case. I wonder if they could tell me if I called Carnival.

We have never had Elegant Night on the first night. They realized some people may not have their luggage in time for dinner. On the 7 day cruises we have been on , the first Elegant night has always been the first sea day.

Have fun.

Lemonade, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, chocolate milk, apple juice, orange juice, and guava passion fruit juice. I love the passion fruit juice, but it is a little sweet, so I put about 1/4 orange juice. I take some back to the room and put in fridge for later, as milk/juices are only at breakfast.

Dining room is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You should be able to find times,days, menus on the TV, and they are posted outside the dining room.

If the ship has a punchliner brunch, they have really good food. Breakfast & lunch food with a wonderful bread basket.

Room service, I would tip $1 when I ordered pot of coffee. You can order more, I would tip more. You can also order breakfast and put the door hanger out for when you want it delivered.

They do not have flavored creamers for coffee, so take your own if you like that.

/I take a insulated Bubba mug, put ice cream. then cold coffee, for a great coffee drink

I think what you might have read was that your luggage may not arrive until after dinner, that sometimes is the case but your room will be ready well before dinner.

I think that if your luggage is not there before dinner you may want to check out the naughty room!

Forgot to mention. Room service is free, but please tip the waiter. 24 hour pizza free. Nice deli area for free. Hamburger etc grills free. Free soft serve ice cream.

A ton of options.

Just a question, why tip the person that delivers room service, and not the guy who just made you your pizza? The daily tips are also split between "other staff" so no need to tip them, and definitely no need to tell an OP they should. However, it is customary to tip extra to those providing additional services and who you feel deserves it, so let's not pick and choose who to tip, such as a person that delivered your food, but rather everyone, that performs an extra service!!!!:D

Just a question, why tip the person that delivers room service, and not the guy who just made you your pizza? The daily tips are also split between "other staff" so no need to tip them, and definitely no need to tell an OP they should. However, it is customary to tip extra to those providing additional services and who you feel deserves it, so let's not pick and choose who to tip, such as a person that delivered your food, but rather everyone, that performs an extra service!!!!:D

I just got off the Sunshine and they put something in the Fun Times about room service being free but that tipping the delivery person was customary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

I just got off the Sunshine and they put something in the Fun Times about room service being free but that tipping the delivery person was customary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

This isn't a tipping thread, but Carnival takes $2.00 a day for tips for "other" hotel services, which sounds like room service falls under that, so whether you use a service or not, $4.00 per room is already being tipped. I'm not saying you should not give an extra tip out to anyone, but in the "old" days, they were not included in the hand out tips night and now, they are included now. So if someone gets room service one morning in a seven night cruise, that would amount to a $28.00 tip!!!! I know other behind the scenes people also get a cut, but traditionally, only the person you are in contact with gets the tip. My original point is, that tipping is private, it is already done, and there is no need for others to tell people what they should or should not do when it comes to tips.