Pics of inside of Charleston terminal

flucocruiser

You probably won't get any. Taking pictures in most of the terminals that we've went through are forbidden.

This. There are a couple of signs in the port that say pictures inside the terminal are prohibited. I don't know if it's enforced like it is in Baltimore, but I didn't want to find out.

I've seen people post pics inside the terminals in their review threads and every time I think, "didn't they see the signs? Didn't they hear the Carnival people telling folks to put away their cell phones?"

I was in line at Miami with my luggage to go through customs after my Conquest cruise and my cell started ringing (I was just sure it was the shuttle company) and one of the women saw me start to grab my phone and told me that I wasn't allowed to answer it.

So, as noted, you MAY find some photos but you SHOULDN'T find any! ;)

What do you want to know?

It is a small, one level building. This is why they absolutely cannot start boarding very early. They have to completely clear it out from all the luggage and immigrations booths and convert it to scanners and roped-off lines for check in.

The shuttle drops you in front of the building (everyone has to be shuttled over - this keeps mobs from arriving at one time and there's no where for drop-off vehicles anyway). You enter the building; there are four scanners; if you aren't sent over for an "extra" check of items, you enter the roped lines for checkin.

VIP line is all the way to the left and takes you along the front of the building down to the check-in desk closest to the boarding photos.

After you check in, you get your pic and either climb one flight of stairs or take the elevator. Then you get your S&S card photo (4 stations for this, too), and then either climb the long gangway up to Lobby or, sometimes, you actually go down one deck and board at Deck 1. I've done it twice each way. It may depend on the whether (maybe they board lower if it's really windy).

I do believe there is a very small seating area between the check-in counter and the boarding photos, but never paid much attention because I've always went straight up the stairs to board.