Review of Divina Sailing Over Christmas

NellieVA

Dress-Code = after reading this I'm now debating if I should bring a couple of suits or not, the dress code sounds a lot more laid back then what I had been reading in the past.

Room Service = how was the room service menu on the Divina I had read it is very limited? And was there a charge for room service???

Thanks for sharing your review. We appreciate all of your comments and feedback.

Regards,

Hello MSC, I was wondering about the room service menu while on-board the Divina.

I have been reading a couple post that say the room service on the Divina is very "Limited?" And other post that say their is a "Charge" for room service??? $3.50 per item???

On vacation last year on RCCL my wife was tired and went to bed at 8:00pm a couple night in a row so I found myself sitting in the room watching TV and having to have a late night 10pm great steak sandwich delivered to the room those two nights. And I love having bacon & egg delivered to my room in the morning and eating on my deck watching the waves!

Only 6 days to Go!

That was the best review I have ever read on this forum. Thank you so much for the details (and dare I say, excellent grammar and spelling). Refreshing.

You mentioned there was a teenager in your party. Did they participate in the teen club offerings?

Dress-Code = after reading this I'm now debating if I should bring a couple of suits or not, the dress code sounds a lot more laid back then what I had been reading in the past.

Regarding dress code, we found Divina (21Dec13) much less formal than our three previous cruises aboard Poesia. We, so far, are only Carib MSC cruisers, and enjoy a dressy dinner. I will say, we witnessed men in sleeveless shirts being turned away from MDR breakfast and lunch, to our approval. Gala night was much less formal than on Poesia. For those travelling light, one dark jacket will suffice, and a tie for gala.

Our teens found the Christmas teen activities too crowded to enjoy, but considering a full ship, so be it. There could be better management of the limited game tables, as the bigger kids were allowed to dominate (bully?) where time should have been allowed to those waiting patiently. Our kids far preferred NCL and even CCL, but we do not choose just for the kids. But MSC could take note...

Nellie- OUTSTANDING review..honest & no holds barred...I have cruise ALL but Costa & MSC, but now you have convinced me to try MSC & the Divina..another review also said shows were killer- that's great as my wife & I love good shows..also read buffet is really good...so, one thing- is there an adult pool area, or not? How were the hot tubs ( hot?) ? ..Did the A/C work well in the cabin? Thanks again for taking all the time to write this review- it answered many questions I had about MSC ( mostly rumours & myths..).

Big Al