Cruise amenities that are BETTER now.

CruiseRQA

We have many posts and threads that reflect on the good old days of cruising where (evidently) lobster was served every day, every crew member remembered your name, and the champagne flowed.

How about we list some things that are BETTER now than they were in the old days?

I will start with:

Verandas!

Edited by CruiseRQA

The Mariner program with very good rewards for 4 and 5 star Mariners. (I KNOW this is not something a lot of posters here seem to agree with).

I personally think the 50% discount on specialty restaurants, Exploration's Cafe, wine packages are all very good rewards. Add to that the 5 star rewards of 2 free Pinnacle dinners, one cooking class, one spa day, and one half price internet package and I say we have a winner.

We have many posts and threads that reflect on the good old days of cruising where (evidently) lobster was served every day, every crew member remembered your name, and the champagne flowed.

How about we list some things that are BETTER now than they were in the old days?

I will start with:

Verandas!

For smokers as well as non-smokers? :D

Itineraries that are SO wonderful! I never thought we would ever be able to cruise to Russia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, - I thought [even] Australia and New Zealand were SOOOO far away we'd NEVER "be" there. I never dreamed I would see the Red sea and sail the Suez canal and see the pyramids.

The MAGIC of cruising is SEEING history!

The Mariner program with very good rewards for 4 and 5 star Mariners. (I KNOW this is not something a lot of posters here seem to agree with).

I personally think the 50% discount on specialty restaurants, Exploration's Cafe, wine packages are all very good rewards. Add to that the 5 star rewards of 2 free Pinnacle dinners, one cooking class, one spa day, and one half price internet package and I say we have a winner.

In addition 4 Star & above Mariners get Free Laundry & Pressing service..That to me is a very big plus..:):):)

Betty