Royal Sanctuary and Retreat Cabanas

crystal blue

Going on the Royal for a B2B cruise on Feb 23rd and would like to rent either a Sanctuary cabana or Retreat cabana for a number of days for each week. I know I will not be able to book the full week as I will not be able to board early. How do I go about booking these cabanas and does anyone know how fast they sell out?

The Royal has been experimenting with sign-up times so I'm not sure of the current policy. You can't book just a day ahead of time. If it were me, I'd go to the Sanctuary upon boarding and ask what time is sign-up for the day you want. Then, I'd plan on getting there at least 30-45 minutes early. Often, there's a long line waiting to book. Don't know about the Retreat cabanas or where you sign up. The Sanctuary cabanas are much better plus there are the attendants, TV, additional loungers, etc.

I was on the transatlantic on the royal and never saw anyone in the cabanas. The sanctuary was used. The cabanas were a waste of space to me. I really thought they could have used the space for more loungers, but anything to make an extra $$$$. Hopefully it's true that there will be another pool on the Regal eventually. Pool deck space is sparse on the Royal. That bieng said, I thought the Royal is a beautiful ship.

For my 14-night Eastern Caribbean B2B in December the majority, if not all of Retreat Cananas, were always rented and had the Reserved signs in place.

If you're unable to get a lounger at The Sanctuary, there are instructions on the placards at the Retreat and what number to call in advance to secure one.

We have bee cruising on the Royal twice. Because the caribbean islands are not interesting for us,St.Thomas,St.Maarten...:p we booked the cabana for 7 days.

There are only four available , you have to hasten. We had been on a suite so I could come to the sanctuary in time for booking.

All the cruise they where sold out . For the sanctuary cabana I payed 130$ dollar a day -- no discount.:)

For us , it was the money worth, very relaxing all the service about coffee,drinks, food...

Some pics are available here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/2013RoyalPrincessKaribik

Going on the Royal for a B2B cruise on Feb 23rd and would like to rent either a Sanctuary cabana or Retreat cabana for a number of days for each week. I know I will not be able to book the full week as I will not be able to board early. How do I go about booking these cabanas and does anyone know how fast they sell out?

You can easily book the Sanctuary for the 2nd half of your B2B. Just ask on the last day of your first cruise when sign-ups will begin .

As B2B passengers you should be among the first people on the ship.

I was on the transatlantic on the royal and never saw anyone in the cabanas.

I would be uncomfortable using a cabana. I would

feel like I was on display.

Maybe if I was a supermodel, celebrity, or rich rock star.

Is there bottle service?

I would be uncomfortable using a cabana. I would

feel like I was on display.

Maybe if I was a supermodel, celebrity, or rich rock star.

Is there bottle service?

None of the people I saw lounging in the Retreat Cabanas really looked like super models. More like ordinary people. :cool:

Thank you all for your responses. I will make sure to go up to the Sanctuary when I board to find out how to go about booking. I like the idea of the cabanas and have reserved them on Holland America when I sailed with them. If I not able to get the first week I will probably book for the entire second week as I do not plan to get off the ship much as I have been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten more times then I can count.

Thank you all for your responses. I will make sure to go up to the Sanctuary when I board to find out how to go about booking. I like the idea of the cabanas and have reserved them on Holland America when I sailed with them. If I not able to get the first week I will probably book for the entire second week as I do not plan to get off the ship much as I have been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten more times then I can count.

Also check the Sanctuary early on your B2B Turn Around Day. You have a lead time advantage being the first back on the ship. Also ask on the final day of your first leg of your B2B about the best way to go about getting a lounger in The Sanctuary for the second week. They may have some tips.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

dmwnc1959 thank you for the suggestion. I will make it a point to stop up and talk to the crew that work in the area. I might even try to get a lounger for just a single day or two. I do not get off the ship much as I have been on nearly 40 cruises so might spend a couple port days enjoying the Sanctuary.

dmwnc1959 thank you for the suggestion. I will make it a point to stop up and talk to the crew that work in the area. I might even try to get a lounger for just a single day or two. I do not get off the ship much as I have been on nearly 40 cruises so might spend a couple port days enjoying the Sanctuary.

I didn't get off the ship at all on Week 1 of my B2B. On Turn-Around Day I disembarked long enough to get back on the ship, in St. Thomas I did a tour and went up to Paradise Point, twice, and in St. Martin got off the ship long enough to take pictures from the pier of the ships docked there and went back aboard. I would book a B2B on the exact same itinerary on Regal Princess just to enjoy the ship for two weeks and never get off. :D