My "Finally getting around to it" Divina Review!

SteelCruisin

Can anone comment on the Board Time of MSC Dinina

So in no small part due to laziness and the general business that the holiday season brings, I am just now getting around to writing my Divina review for her Thanksgiving week cruise to the eastern Caribbean. Just a FYI , my review will start early on in the process of deciding what cruise line to take then the planning and finally the actual cruise. I hope you enjoy...

Can anyone comment on the earliest boarding times available on the MSC Divina. Is there any special boarding procedures for those in wheel chairs. I am travelling with my 91 year old mother who is in a wheel chair and trying to get her on board as fast and as comfortably as possible.

Any comments, ideas suggestion all welcome with my thanks Peter

I am travelling with my 91 year old mom. Slowing down as far as the walking goes but still with her wits. We are trying to figure out what is best for our dinner times early or late due to us trying to get to see some of the wonderful shows we have been hearing about. Can anyone comment on early or late dining as far as being able to get in (people wise) into the different show venues on board.

So in no small part due to laziness and the general business that the holiday season brings, I am just now getting around to writing my Divina review for her Thanksgiving week cruise to the eastern Caribbean. Just a FYI , my review will start early on in the process of deciding what cruise line to take then the planning and finally the actual cruise. I hope you enjoy...

Great review!

I am looking at the llloowww rates right now for August and am tempted.

I've had a lot of my questions answers already by reading all the posts, but was wondering if you can comment on the waterslide on the ship. Can seem to find any pics of it anywhere. It is a true waterslide of just a little kiddie thing. I'd be going with my 11 year old and 14 year old, so they'll be asking..

Thanks!

Great review!

I've had a lot of my questions answers already by reading all the posts, but was wondering if you can comment on the waterslide on the ship. Can seem to find any pics of it anywhere. It is a true waterslide of just a little kiddie thing. I'd be going with my 11 year old and 14 year old, so they'll be asking..

Thanks!

Since the search feature on CC is not working, you might try to Google videos of Divina. Lots of pictures and scenes of the ship.

Great review!

Thanks!

Hi theverro,

There's a great view of the slide around the 2:40 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNFGZePvLWgw87vjITmmc1A

Regards,

Great review!

Thanks!

The water slide is a true waterslide that comes close to hanging over the edge of the ship.

My 15 Y.O.daughter went on it a couple of times and really liked it.....I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the slide.... oh well, I guess I have another reason to sail on the Diva next year....as if I don't have enough reasons...

I want to thank you for this journal on your trip with the Divina. My fiance and I are going on a cruise in Oct. This will be my first cruise, and I believe in doing my research before venturing out. Your journal and photos were so appreciated. You made a great photo diary and I want to thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Now I feel ready and am very excited to go on the Divina for my honeymoon. Cheers to you!

Thanks Steelcruisin for the great review!

As you were traveling with teens, do you recall if there was a soda card available onboard for teens? I am traveling with my son and I am planning on buying vouchers not the Allegrissimo package but there is no option online to purchase sodas for him. The soda tickets online are not available to purchase under his name either. The Cheers package which would have at least given us wine and sodas for meals is also not showing up. Just wondering if there is anything different once you get on board or if we will end up spending $3 every time he wants a coke.

As you were traveling with teens, do you recall if there was a soda card available onboard for teens? I am traveling with my son and I am planning on buying vouchers not the Allegrissimo package but there is no option online to purchase sodas for him. The soda tickets online are not available to purchase under his name either. The Cheers package which would have at least given us wine and sodas for meals is also not showing up. Just wondering if there is anything different once you get on board or if we will end up spending $3 every time he wants a coke.

This is quoting directly from the Daily Program:

TEEN CARD FOR FUN ONBOARD

The "Teen Card" is a unique, prepaid card designed exclusively for our younger guests. Children and teens under 18 can use the card to make small purchases onboard (eg. to play all video games onboard) as well as using it as an access card for their stateroom. Available in denominations of $30 or 50, and come with additional bonus credit of $5 for the $30 card or $10 for the $50 card. To buy, fill in form at Reception - Guest services desk. Card will be delivered directly to your stateroom. Card is non-refundable and if not used by the end of the cruise will not be reimbursed.

This is quoting directly from the Daily Program:

TEEN CARD FOR FUN ONBOARD

The "Teen Card" is a unique, prepaid card designed exclusively for our younger guests. Children and teens under 18 can use the card to make small purchases onboard (eg. to play all video games onboard) as well as using it as an access card for their stateroom. Available in denominations of $30 or 50, and come with additional bonus credit of $5 for the $30 card or $10 for the $50 card. To buy, fill in form at Reception - Guest services desk. Card will be delivered directly to your stateroom. Card is non-refundable and if not used by the end of the cruise will not be reimbursed.

Thanks but I was hoping there was an all-inclusive package just for soda. Most lines have them at a cost of around $7-$8/day which we have always purchased for him. The only options I see online would involve me buying an alcohol package myself. This "Teen Card" would be handy for the video arcade, etc but will add up quickly if he is buying soda at full bar prices. Also, I have read somewhere on the forum that it is difficult to actually benefit from the bonus credits as there are restrictions.

Edited by urkidn

Thanks but I was hoping there was an all-inclusive package just for soda. Most lines have them at a cost of around $7-$8/day which we have always purchased for him. The only options I see online would involve me buying an alcohol package myself. This "Teen Card" would be handy for the video arcade, etc but will add up quickly if he is buying soda at full bar prices. Also, I have read somewhere on the forum that it is difficult to actually benefit from the bonus credits as there are restrictions.[/quote

There is a kids all inclusive package as well. If one person in the cabin books the all inclusive everyone has to book it and if you are part of a group booking everyone on it needs to book as well. I looked at the price but we are doing 14 nights I'm sure it was $798 for adults and $395 for kids so should be about half of this amount for a 7 day cruise. This was for the premium package. Just told you something you already know sorry. They were also advertising vouchers but not sure of the pricing for these.

Hope this helps.

Judith

Edited by tigger89

thanks for the great review and information on this MSC ship!

we have done several cruises and never even looked at this line until I got an email from them this week that has an absolutely wonderful trip from Miami to Rio! So I am gathering all information that I can find. May have to come back to ask questions later!

Beverly

Here's hoping MSC will respond to your question. You also might find what you are looking for by goggling MSC beverage packages. Not having the search feature working on here is a big problem.

It seems that not all packages are available on all sailings which leads to a lot of confusion. Although they appear in the listing for Caribbean sailings, I don't have options to buy the "Cheers" or "Doremi" package and the soda package (which is not that great of a deal to begin with - 14 cans/$30) is only available to adults, not children.

Thank you so much for your awesome review...by far the best I have ever read. You would be a great fellow passenger to cruise with.

Never, ever considered MSC, until I heard rave reviews from some fellow TA's who had just returned. In fact - I have steered folks away from MSC in the US - but after hearing the great report from these folks I grabbed a last minute deal and DH & I are booked April 12th during his Spring Break ( teacher ). We have a balcony on deck ten - everything has happened so fast I don't even know the cat.....but I will be doing research now ( I have to research as much as possible....just the way I am). This review was an excellent affirmation to taking the plunge. Thank you again.....may be back to ask some questions if I get stuck.

:-)

Sandy

:D

Neither of our kids are big on drinking soda, but my DD did get the $50 card with $10 added that she used during the week on coffees , teas and sodas, and Nutella crepes.... they seemed to get their soda fix when we were on the islands....again given the choice or opportunity to choose something other than soda , my kids usually do.

Neither of our kids are big on drinking soda, but my DD did get the $50 card with $10 added that she used during the week on coffees , teas and sodas, and Nutella crepes.... they seemed to get their soda fix when we were on the islands....again given the choice or opportunity to choose something other than soda , my kids usually do.

Thanks for the info! My son doesn't drink a lot of soda when he's home which is why we allow it on vacation, it is definitely a treat for him and something he looks forward to when we cruise. I guess I will buy some soda tickets under my name and give them to him. I just didn't want to do this (I don't drink soda) and then find out onboard that there is an unlimited option available to him.