Divina December 28- January 4, 2014

denandben

Nothing personal. It's not about fashion, it's about respecting those (other than at your table) who come to dinner in the MDR for elegant and fine dining. There is always room in the buffet for casual dining.

"Elegant and fine dining" , your kidding, right? The Titanic sailed long ago!! You should of sailed her!!

"Elegant and fine dining" , your kidding, right? The Titanic sailed long ago!! You should of sailed her!!

Funny you say Titanic, When I was on Divina The 2 violinist playing in the foyer/centrum area reminded me of Titanic, elegant and fine dining not even close. :)

Just got home from a wonderful cruise. The ship is beautiful. MSC certainly clean up their act. The food was wondeful. They go out of their way for people with special needs. I received a phone call asking if I needed assistance to get off for the excursions or on board, a wheel chair would have been available. Very pleased with everything. I would definitely go on this ship again.

Can you list some of the daytime activities on sea days. I'm sailing in May on the TA and haven't seen too many posts on this subject.

Best bet is to do a search. But since I posted this information here is the link.

This is for Divina, not sure what ship you are going on as you said a TA. Divina is based in Miami and not leaving to go back over seas this year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1975941&page=3

Edited by Bosjoe

Maybe some people don't sweat, maybe some people are half dead, but in the summer months the last thing I'm going to do is wear a tie and jacket in that heat!

And in due respect to others who's dinner might be ruined by what someone else wears, get a life!

I paid my money to eat in the dining room also, so mind your own business to what others wear, cause it sounds like you're just looking to cause trouble!

In Europe, even in the summer, it gets chilly at night. For anyone with normal health, its hot and humid 24/7 in the Caribbean! And we know how bad cruise ship AC is, its either too much, or too little!

Imagine someone all dressed up looking great to impress the other tables, sitting in a crowded hot, humid Dining room, and sweating buckets all over his table mates, just to impress the dress police!

And when was the last time anyone got a meal in a cruise ship dining room like a fancy restaurant?!

Why are you so rude? :confused:

I wonder if you ever cruised before, as your are stating strange things. Nobody is sweating in MDR, even in hot humid Caribbeans. There is A/C on every ship!

Also there are other type of appropriate attire for evening restaurants. You can wear dockers or some other pants that are not jeans or suite pants. Same goes for jacket/shirts. You do not have to wear them, just use nice polo shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

Btw, if you absolutely hate to follow dress code, sail with NCL. It is Freestyle cruise line. IIRC only one evening restaurant requires pants, and they can be jeans.

P.S. I personally find most of cruise ships main dining room to be fancy. But you can always dine in buffet.

Edited by Tatka

MSC offers a touch of class not found on NCL or CCL. On Poesia and Divina out of Florida, there were many Europeans aboard, generaly well dressed. Dinner in the MDR becomes an event in itself for some. While a tie is not required, many men will wear a jacket to dinner. Italians and many other Europeans are generally more attentative to attire than the Americans on these sailings. So, when in Rome.....

Why are you so rude? :confused:

I wonder if you ever cruised before, as your are stating strange things. Nobody is sweating in MDR, even in hot humid Caribbeans. There is A/C on every ship!

Also there are other type of appropriate attire for evening restaurants. You can wear dockers or some other pants that are not jeans or suite pants. Same goes for jacket/shirts. You do not have to wear them, just use nice polo shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

Btw, if you absolutely hate to follow dress code, sail with NCL. It is Freestyle cruise line. IIRC only one evening restaurant requires pants, and they can be jeans.

P.S. I personally find most of cruise ships main dining room to be fancy. But you can always dine in buffet.

They might have ac but it can not keep up. A lot of people took of their jackets because it was to warm in the dining room and before going is when people were waiting. Usually it's me that is warm but my table mates were using the napkin to wipe their brow. It is a warm ship. I wore jeans dockers and one night shorts. And I asked if the shorts were ok, other wise I was going to the buffet.

Please give me some info. On dining times. Trying to make a decision between 5:30 or 8:00. 5:30 seems awfully early. But.....8: sounds late. How do the shows times work in conjunction with the dinner times.

Dinner was 5:45 and 8:30. I chose late because I didn't want to rush for early. You can adjust to the late by having a snack prior. I got use to it and will do late again the next time.

They might have ac but it can not keep up. A lot of people took of their jackets because it was to warm in the dining room and before going is when people were waiting. Usually it's me that is warm but my table mates were using the napkin to wipe their brow. It is a warm ship. I wore jeans dockers and one night shorts. And I asked if the shorts were ok, other wise I was going to the buffet.

Wow.. this is not good.

We have never had this on any other ships including MSC Poesia sailing Caribbeans. Usually it is too cold because of A/C.

I did not keep all of my DAILY PROGRAMS, but this is an example for a port day:

Events and Activities:

9 am - 11am: Formula 1 and 4 D cinema ( $7.00 charge each)

8:30 AM: Wake up Your Muscles: pool area deck 14

9 AM: aerobics: aqua Park ( pool stage area)

11:30: Morning Trivia: Golden Jazz Bar

11:30: Table Soccer Tournament: Le Sirene Pool

3-4:30 PM: Arts and Crafts: "

3: A surprise Game: Aqua Park

3:30: Elvis Musical Game: "

4: Afternoon Trivia: Golden Jazz bar

4: Country dance lesson: Aqua Park

4 :Shuffleboard Tournament:Sports Arena

4:30: Multilingual Trivia ( questions will be asked in multiple lang if needed): Black and White Lounge

4:30 Zumba: Aqua Park

5; Samba Dance Lesson:Galaxy Disco

5: Stretching: Aqua Park

Then at night a 8 there is always a dance lesson

Shows are at 7 PM for late dining, and 9 PM for early diners.

Then the fun starts all over again with events and activities all night.

IN addition you will find music all over the ship in many areas playing all types of music.

Best bet is to do a search. But since I posted this information here is the link.

This is for Divina, not sure what ship you are going on as you said a TA. Divina is based in Miami and not leaving to go back over seas this year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1975941&page=3

I am sailing on the Divination in May 14 Miami to Brazil which is a TA

I did not keep all of my DAILY PROGRAMS, but this is an example for a port day:

Events and Activities:

9 am - 11am: Formula 1 and 4 D cinema ( $7.00 charge each)

8:30 AM: Wake up Your Muscles: pool area deck 14

9 AM: aerobics: aqua Park ( pool stage area)

11:30: Morning Trivia: Golden Jazz Bar

11:30: Table Soccer Tournament: Le Sirene Pool

3-4:30 PM: Arts and Crafts: "

3: A surprise Game: Aqua Park

3:30: Elvis Musical Game: "

4: Afternoon Trivia: Golden Jazz bar

4: Country dance lesson: Aqua Park

4 :Shuffleboard Tournament:Sports Arena

4:30: Multilingual Trivia ( questions will be asked in multiple lang if needed): Black and White Lounge

4:30 Zumba: Aqua Park

5; Samba Dance Lesson:Galaxy Disco

5: Stretching: Aqua Park

Then at night a 8 there is always a dance lesson

Shows are at 7 PM for late dining, and 9 PM for early diners.

Then the fun starts all over again with events and activities all night.

IN addition you will find music all over the ship in many areas playing all types of music.

thanks

• 3 months later...
Nothing personal. It's not about fashion, it's about respecting those (other than at your table) who come to dinner in the MDR for elegant and fine dining. There is always room in the buffet for casual dining.

So if I am wearing a pair of $200 Armani jeans and a $100 Ralph Lauren polo shirt, I am being disrespectful to my fellow diners ? Oh c'mon. This is why the cruise lines have formal nights. There is always room on the Queen Mary if you want elegance :p