Embarkation in New Orleans?

Royal Caribbean usually uses the Julia Street wharf. First, you will drop off your luggage and go park if needed. There are several lots in the area. They charge around $12-15 per day. Then you go to the port. There is a checkpoint or two for documents and identification. Then you get to the check-in desk. It is divided into general boarding, Crown and Anchor members, and suite guests. Once you get to the counter, you will give them your set sail pass, id, and your method of payment for on board the ship. They will check you in and give you your Sea Pass cards. You can proceed to the ship if she if ready or wait in the lounge. It is really very simple. Enjoy your trip.

Anne:)

Around 12. And the ship leaves New Orleans at4...

If the ship departs at 4 pm, you will need to be checked in at the pier no later than 90 minutes prior, so 2:30 pm. If you are driving yourselves, keep this in mind. You are free to arrive at the pier earlier if desired.

All's I know is that we show up with our passports and luggage and money. Around 12.

And the ship leaves New Orleans at

What do we expect to happen after we get to the dock?

Hope there are signs. Lol.

If you are taking a taxi, they will know where to go and most likely will drop you off right where you need to be. THe first thing you will do if hand over your luggage to the porters so that is the spot you should be dropped off at. Feel free to tip the porters a little something, usually an amount of your choosing per piece of luggage- we usually do about $5 per piece but others say less is just fine- just depends on your personal preference.

If you are driving, there will be directions to the pier and parking in the packet you print out with your set sail pass. If need be, you may also be able to pull up to the porters with your car, drop off bags and any other passengers then proceed to the parking garage. Not sure if you need to do that or not but the cruises I have been on have had that option and it comes in handy, especially for the elderly, young children or those that can't walk a longer distance.

There are usually porters in the "whale lot" which is the lot royal caribbean uses. There is good signage once you get to Julia street and if you're confused there are generally plenty of uniformed folks to roll your window down and ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All's I know is that we show up with our passports and luggage and money. Around 12.

And the ship leaves New Orleans at

What do we expect to happen after we get to the dock?

Hope there are signs. Lol.

We were on the Serenade for the Christmas cruise. We got to the cruise terminals about 10:15 (it's Cruise Terminal 2), were checked in and on the ship by 11:00 and eating lunch in the Windjammer by 11:30! Happy hour started at 4:00 with 20% off drinks until 6:00! And we made good use of that 20% off!!!!! :p

I overheard people talking that evening that they had to wait for over 2 hours to get checked in. That's the only reason we get there early - no waiting!

You won't have any trouble figuring out what to do - lots of signs and lots of RCI staff helping you. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all of this good advice.

I just wanted to get a feel from real cruisers as to what you guys did and where you did it.

I just wanna get on the ship and let the vacation begin!

Once we're on the ship, we don't mind wandering around, or sitting and people watching! And heaven forbid we miss a meal (LOL)! Getting on the ship early gives us a chance to explore the ship and figure out where we want to be for sail away! And at 1:00 you can get into your cabin and stow your carry-on items! :)

One more thing, my clothes rarely have pockets so I always take a lanyard with me, have guest services punch a hole in my Seapass card, that way I can just wear my card around my neck and I'm not carrying anything! I always enjoy looking at people's lanyards to see where they're from (i.e., my lanyard is Seattle Seahawks; I saw LOTS of New Orleans Saints lanyards; etc.)! :) Some people think they're tacky - I prefer not having to carry my purse or a bag all over the ship especially since all my valuables were stowed in the safe in our room!

NOLA is an easy port to leave from. signs everywhere and easy boarding no matter what time. Although I've never been on early because I LOVE spending time in the French Quarter so I never rush to get on the ship.

Heck-I can actually say, those NOLA cruises are one's I like to take because of the departure port!!:D

Who Dat!!!

NO is a very easy port to leave from. Get there early, as others have noted, to avoid the long wait. We arrived around 10:30am and it was empty. No lines. Zero. There are plenty of porters to take your bags when you arrive. Once you check in and get your Seapass card, the lines will be divided up by C&A, Suite, etc. You'll go through security with metal detectors and before you know it, you're on the top deck with a drink in your hand looking over the city of New Orleans. Loved traveling down the river. It was amazing! Enjoy!

NO is a very easy port to leave from. Get there early, as others have noted, to avoid the long wait. We arrived around 10:30am and it was empty. No lines. Zero. There are plenty of porters to take your bags when you arrive. Once you check in and get your Seapass card, the lines will be divided up by C&A, Suite, etc. You'll go through security with metal detectors and before you know it, you're on the top deck with a drink in your hand looking over the city of New Orleans. Loved traveling down the river. It was amazing! Enjoy!

Sounds great.

So what's C&A?

Asked the new kid in class.

:-)

Thanks

Sounds great.

So what's C&A?

Asked the new kid in class.

:-)

Thanks

C&A is an abbreviation for Crown & Anchor Society, Royal's loyalty organization.

Details here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=967&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqType=faq