List of Toiletries In Ship Shops

ducklite

One thing that seems to come up over and over is the cost of certain sundries in the ship's shop.

I got to thinking that we could help each other out by spending a minute or two on our next cruise to visit the shop and gather info to share with others. If we all do this, we'll quickly have a pretty comprehensive list of what is available and at what price.

Please include the cruise line and name of ship, and where you sailed.

Items to look for might be sunscreen, toothpaste, deodorant, shave cream, OTC medications, etc. Please include the brand and size!

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Things get lost or forgotten. Things run out. The costs of things like sunscreen comes up pretty regularly. If you aren't interested, then don't participate. No need to get snarky about it.

I am sailing on Monday and would be happy to check out the store. On our last Caribbean cruise I got a sunburn and needed aloe, so unexpected sundry purchases do occur. :)

Lisa

Thanks RHT!

Have a great cruise!

Edited by ducklite

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, I went to the shops on the Legend of the Seas to find out what toiletries they sell. The full list follows the pictures...

P1140008_zps9182e9bc.jpg

P1140007_zps5d4642ed.jpg

White Rain Hairspray, Shampoo, and Conditioner

Colgate

Listerine

Toothbrushes

Floss

St Ives Lotion

Bic Razors

Secret Deodorant

Swim Goggles

Australian Gold Sunscreens and Aloe

Head & Shoulders

AAA and AA Batteries

Headphones

Walkie Talkies

Nail Polish Remover Pads

Wet Ones

Secret Money Belt

Emery Boards

Luggage Locks

Bobbie Pins

Hair Elastics

Sight Saver

Nail Clippers

Panchos

Hair Brush & Comb

Stain Remover Pen

Condoms

Hydro-cortisone Cream

Chapstick

Sea Bands

Contact Lens Case

Listerine Strips

Ear Plugs

Children's cold medicine

Aspirin

Advil

Benadryl

Dristan Cold

Zantac 75

Bengay

Preparation H

Re-Nu

Noxema Shaving Cream

Cotton Swabs

Band aids

Natrapel Plus

KY Jelly

DAP

Baby Oil

Baby Powder

Visine

Speed Stick for Men

Dayquil Liquid

Tampax - Regular and Super

Panty Liners

Always Maxi Pads

Kotex Maxi Pads

Kleenex Travel Size

The store clerk said that these are the standard items on Royal Caribbean ships. The larger ships have more products, but these are on all ships.

Lisa

Great job--thanks!

You are most welcome! I think your idea of listing toiletries by ship/line is a great idea. On this trip we ended up buying sunscreen on board because ours was just not spreading well. We also bought travel kleenex since I could not find ours...apparently they slipped way down in the side pocket of the suitcase. I really hope more people do this. The way I attacked the toiletries was to take pictures. I looked at them when I got home and did the list.

Lisa

On the Celebrity Silhouette in December we ran out of toothpaste and had to buy a tube on board. It cost almost US$8, and it was a full-size Colgate Original Flavour. Highway robbery, but that's what you get for not coordinating with the other half as to who is responsible for bringing the toothpaste!:o

Wow that was a great list!

On our last cruise Celebrity Reflection this summer, I had to buy earplugs because I forgot my jar of foam ones. The only ones on the ship were these silicone ones that block certain frequencies. They were $14 :eek: they really didn't help that much with the hallway noise.

Princess carries most all of the items posted in the pictures....we have had good luck buying items at local ports of call, too....we also found that if you can't find medication you need at the shop on board ship to check with the infirmary.

If you walk into a residential area and find a grocery store, you will be able to find a selection of personal care items. Caveat, with the exception of Colgate, many if not most will be different from what you typically find in the US. Even if they are the same brand, expect some differences. Hair spray will be hard to find unless you want an extremely pungent lacquer.

I am hoping to pick up full sized toiletries in Rome before we board for 30day B2B cruises. Is that wishful thinking or quite doable?

They do have stores in Rome :) One of my favorite souvenirs from Italy was a tube of toothpaste. I thought we had packed two sample sized tubes, but only one showed up. I think it was Venice I saw a pharmacy, the clerk there spoke no English and our Italian didn't include the phrase "do you have toothpaste?". So, we asked by the charade and he knew exactly what we wanted, it was funny. Since the tube was more than 3 oz., I had to pack it into the suitcase for return home. I'm glad I did, I loved using that toothpaste for the next 2 months, it brought back great memories.

We found that many pharmacies didn't really have much in terms of toiletries, the grocery stores had better selection. One thing to note, it is very difficult to find tampons in Italy and Greece (and many European counties) so if you even think you might need them, bring them along.

• 2 weeks later...
They do have stores in Rome :) One of my favorite souvenirs from Italy was a tube of toothpaste. I thought we had packed two sample sized tubes, but only one showed up. I think it was Venice I saw a pharmacy, the clerk there spoke no English and our Italian didn't include the phrase "do you have toothpaste?". So, we asked by the charade and he knew exactly what we wanted, it was funny. Since the tube was more than 3 oz., I had to pack it into the suitcase for return home. I'm glad I did, I loved using that toothpaste for the next 2 months, it brought back great memories.

This reminds me of when I was in France and had forgotten deodorant. You can imagine, I am sure, the nature of my pantomime. I'm just glad I wasn't buying tampons! LOL

That was, without a doubt, the best deodorant I ever used. It was a name brand (that was 24 years ago and I don't remember what it was) but different from what we could get here.

This reminds me of when I was in France and had forgotten deodorant. You can imagine, I am sure, the nature of my pantomime. I'm just glad I wasn't buying tampons! LOL

LOL, you would have been OK as they use the word tampon in France.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER