Miami hotel recommendatios

scoob

We are planning to cruise on the Reflection. Please recommend a hotel for Friday night that is not too expensive, but is nice and convenient to the port.

We stayed pre and post cruise at The Holiday Inn ,Bay Side excellent position for CVS just across the street from Bay Side Shopping and a short taxi ride to the port,would definitely stay again .

Ann:)

If you go to the North American departure ports page, you will see tons of discussions and reviews. It was a big help to me when looking for a hotel there and in FLL. We stayed at the Intercontinental, got a great rate on Hotwire or Priceline. Perfect location, too.

If you go to the North American departure ports page, you will see tons of discussions and reviews. It was a big help to me when looking for a hotel there and in FLL. We stayed at the Intercontinental, got a great rate on Hotwire or Priceline. Perfect location, too.

I second this. We stayed at Intercontinental twice b/f cruises out of Miami. Great price and very nice location, and property! I'm pretty sure we booked it through Hotwire.

Cathy, I always feel like I'm meeting an old friend whenever I see your posts. I noticed you've been on a few cruises since we met on Eclipse in 2011. We're counting down to our Silhouette cruise in two weeks.

Happy New Year!!

I second this. We stayed at Intercontinental twice b/f cruises out of Miami. Great price and very nice location, and property! I'm pretty sure we booked it through Hotwire.

Cathy, I always feel like I'm meeting an old friend whenever I see your posts. I noticed you've been on a few cruises since we met on Eclipse in 2011. We're counting down to our Silhouette cruise in two weeks.

Happy New Year!!

Lucky you! Jealous! Yes, we've done 2 TA's since the Eclipse cruise, and hoping to do the Silhouette again this year if only the danged prices would come down!!! That's the problem with getting a bargain, so hard to go back to real pricing. We had such a great group on our last TA, we have continued our roll call and many of us are hoping to be able to sail together again this year.

Hope you guys are staying warm:eek: Been following the temps up there! A cruise is just what you need.

(To the OP: sorry about the hijack! But the IC would be a great choice, especially if you get a room facing the water where you can watch the ships sail in and out)

Do any of the hotels mentioned have free airport shuttle & port shuttle? We usually stay at LaQuinta on LaJuene Rd. but rate about 1 1/2 yrs ago was $86. now $179. They do offer free airport p/up & free shuttle to pier though.

Do any of the hotels mentioned have free airport shuttle & port shuttle? We usually stay at LaQuinta on LaJuene Rd. but rate about 1 1/2 yrs ago was $86. now $179. They do offer free airport p/up & free shuttle to pier though.

we just booked La Quinta for May and it is $103. Are you going at a high demand time of year?

Again, Red Roof Inn may seem like a good deal (about what we are paying for LQ) and gives shuttles, but it is awful.

Some chain hotels near the airport will offer shuttle service. (The Blue Lagoon area hotels are nice and a good area) If you stay downtown which is VERY close to the port you can take a quick cab.

OP doesn't offer a date or a budget. So "inexpensive" means what?

As in most large cities, DON'T book the cheapest airport or downtown hotel thinking you will save money. In Miami, there are MANY hotels I wouldn't feel safe or "clean" in.

If you are on a strict budget, use hotwire,lmt or pl .

Edited by eandj

The Holiday Inn Express Airport-Miami Springs offers free shuttle to and from airport. They don't shuttle to the port for free though but they recommend a third party company for $10 pp.