What to do in Port Denarau, Fiji ??

We have been to Port Denarau before back in 2011. The last time we went there as it was our first time there, we just explored Port Denarau, and had a look around many of the resorts.

Now we are going back there in a couple of weeks and

I was wondering what else is there to do Port Denarau?? Is there anything not miss??

And what would you recommend doing in Port Denarau??

We have been to Port Denarau before back in 2011. The last time we went there as it was our first time there, we just explored Port Denarau, and had a look around many of the resorts.

I was wondering what else is there to do Port Denarau?? Is there anything not miss??

Stu you could get a few people from the roll call and hire a taxi for a few hours, couple of nice places is the Sleeping Giant and the First Landing and on the way back stop off in Nadi for shopping, we did that a few years and the driver took AUD

Stu you could get a few people from the roll call and hire a taxi for a few hours, couple of nice places is the Sleeping Giant and the First Landing and on the way back stop off in Nadi for shopping, we did that a few years and the driver took AUD

Agreed. The Garden of the Sleeping Giant is an orchid garden that belonged to the actor Raymond Burr. You could also ask the driver to take you to a village. Women need to have their shoulders and knees covered.

For a taxi expect to pay AUD$20 per hour or a bit more. Stress that you are negotiating in AUD, otherwise they will think you are talking FJD which is much less.

Hi,

we were in Fiji last ocrober and booked a tour with Great Sights Fiji, mainly because our son is in a wheelchair and we weren't sure if ship tours would be filled or suitable.

We went to the orchid garden which was gorgeous, also to the Veisei village ( first landing of fijian people in Fiji) which was very enjoyable, we also had a look around Nadi and at the nadi Hindu temple which has some amazing hand painted art work, just incredible, we spent a half day doing this and were back on the ship early afternoon. i have been told that the mud pools/ thermal pools are also worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Cheers maree

Hi,

we were in Fiji last ocrober and booked a tour with Great Sights Fiji, mainly because our son is in a wheelchair and we weren't sure if ship tours would be filled or suitable.

We went to the orchid garden which was gorgeous, also to the Veisei village ( first landing of fijian people in Fiji) which was very enjoyable, we also had a look around Nadi and at the nadi Hindu temple which has some amazing hand painted art work, just incredible, we spent a half day doing this and were back on the ship early afternoon. i have been told that the mud pools/ thermal pools are also worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Cheers maree

Hi there we are also going soon, did you book your tour before hand, or at the port when you got there? how much per person. Thanks for any info:)

Hi JOeJoe59,

We pre booked, mainly due to their being 6 of us including a wheelchair, and we were met at the warf by our driver and guide, very friendly and very efficient, but there were quite a few people "hawking" at the warf from the same company so if you wanted to book on the day I am sure you could, we just wanted to remove the unceratinty.

The fee we paid was for an 11 seater bus ( due to wheelchair) but there were 6 of us, and we had booked the same company for the following day in suva ( I would really recommend getting out of the town, not a great lot to do in suva).

It came to $522 fijian around $300 australian , so $50 AUD per person for 4.5 hours,

but they are very flexible and can sort an itinerary out to suit your needs

Hope this helps, and have a great trip, we certainly did.

Cheers maree:)

Just another question to add to this topic. I have heard mention that it may be possible to use the pools in some of the resorts. Has anybody done this and which one?

Thanks in advance

Shadow, our table mates did on every stop! They spent the days in swim up bars and sun baking. I think they jumped on the bulu bus and just pot lucked it! :) they loved it, not our idea of a great day, but each to their own!!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Are the excursions to the smaller islands any good? I'm going on Sun Princess in December and there appears to be two different excursions like this:

"South Sea Island by Catamaran" and "Oolala Island Day Cruise".

Has anyone been on either of those? Which is best?

We've stayed at Denarau a couple of times in the past so would prefer to go somewhere else for the day. Of all the ship excursions, these two look the most tempting so we might splurge on one of them.