FLL/ALLURE - Taxi or RCCL Shuttle?

So, This is our first time cruising and flying from Fort Lauderdale....I am a planner and preplan everything. My final item before our 1/26 cruise is whether to purchase the RCCL airport transfer (FLL) or just take a taxi. There are only 2 of us +luggage....We need to be at the airport by 11:00 at the very latest....

Which should we do. Buy the Transfer or hope for a Taxi?

So, This is our first time cruising and flying from Fort Lauderdale....I am a planner and preplan everything. My final item before our 1/26 cruise is whether to purchase the RCCL airport transfer (FLL) or just take a taxi. There are only 2 of us +luggage....We need to be at the airport by 11:00 at the very latest....

Which should we do. Buy the Transfer or hope for a Taxi?

Many taxis at the port, fastest and least expensive way to FLL.

I personally like just taking a taxi. It's a lot quicker as whenever you grab your luggage you can go. We took the shuttle once years ago and sat waiting for a while for other people to join us. FLL is a fairly short ride to the port.

Taxi 100%. Much easier, quicker, and less $. The fare is appx. $20-24 without tip. I've had them stop at wine king on the way and that adds about $5.

I agree with the other poster, the shuttle is a PITA compared to a cab.

Fyi, my max wait in the taxi line from FLL to port is maybe 5 mins. From port to FLL 10-15 mins.

Taxi 100%. Much easier, quicker, and less $. The fare is appx. $20-24 without tip. I've had them stop at wine king on the way and that adds about $5...
Is that $20-$24 including the wine stop? I was recalling something a little less than $15 - gave the driver $20 and thought that included a pretty generous tip. Definitely taxi 100%.

Thom

Agree 100%, take a taxi. One additional suggestion, if you find the lines overwhelming at FLL, get a porter. That airport can be a zoo this time of the year, although the day you arrive is pretty light compared to previous weekends.

We arrived at FLL once and the line for the skycap was huge. We got a porter and she took our bags inside. the lines were hugh also. She found a kiosk that was not being used and wheeled our bags up and helped getting our bags checked and our boarding passes issued. Curb to checked in about 10 minutes. Best $20 I ever spent.

OOPS - I think I said this backwards...I am wondering for DEBAKATION.... Shuttle or Taxi from the port TO the airport? I believe the shuttle is $15pp +Tip......If Taxi is less than that , and quicker? Just wondering how long the Taxi lines will be?

OOPS - I think I said this backwards...I am wondering for DEBAKATION.... Shuttle or Taxi from the port TO the airport? I believe the shuttle is $15pp +Tip......If Taxi is less than that , and quicker? Just wondering how long the Taxi lines will be?

Same answer, taxi is best. Taxi lines at Port Everglades are quick. If you are only one person, then $15 is probably a bit cheaper than a taxi, but I'd still take the taxi because it's faster.

Edited by clarea

When you leave the cruise luggage building, turn left and you will see all the taxis lined up..I think the most we waited was 5 minutes. For the two of us the ride was only about $20.00. and it sure beats waiting for a crowded bus. The taxi takes you directly to your airline terminal.

Is that $20-$24 including the wine stop? I was recalling something a little less than $15 - gave the driver $20 and thought that included a pretty generous tip. Definitely taxi 100%.

Thom

Hmmmm...I think you are correct. My bad. I've done that trip often, but think I was thinking after tip prices. Sorry about that. Too much wine I suppose!

And Traci, to answer your question...there are a ton of taxis as you leave the ship. They line up 3 wide and stretch around the massive lot. The longest wait I've had was when I was the first in line after self disembarking. It took about 10-15 mins for the 1st cab to show up.

Just got off Allure Sunday. Taxi from port to FLL was $11 + tip.
I guess i was remembering correctly that $20 included a generous tip. In my "defense" there were four people and luggage associated with a trans-Atlantic cruise, and the guy made no complaints about cramming in all the luggage. So a generous tip was deserved.

Thom

I guess i was remembering correctly that $20 included a generous tip. In my "defense" there were four people and luggage associated with a trans-Atlantic cruise, and the guy made no complaints about cramming in all the luggage. So a generous tip was deserved.

Thom

...you are correct Thom. Just came back a couple of weeks ago. Outside, we got in line for the taxi. The couple in front of us asked if we wanted to share the taxi. We said yes (mindful that we have large luggages),...and much to our surprise, all our luggages made it inside the trunk of the cab.

A few minutes later (no traffic, we disembarked early), we were at the airport. The fare on the cab was $15. We decided to give $10 each/couple and gave the cab driver a $20....he was happy. :)

I recall a $13 taxi ride with no wait. I prefer the taxi both directions as you don't have to wait for a specific number of people to board the bus ~~ ESPECIALLY on the way back to the airport as moods are not as happy at that point :-)