Various random questions re Yacht Club and my upcoming cruise on MSC Preziosa

Katgoesonholiday

This is my first time with MSC and we are sailing a Mediterranean itinerary during peak time so Yacht Club is substantially more than a balcony cabin. But this year is our 15th anniversary and we both turn 40 so we've decided it's worth splurging out! MSCs prices are still excellent even so.

I'm sure you will have a fab cruise. We have cruised four times in YC and we have just booked our fifth, a B2B from Miami. We simply love it, a luxury, quiet enclave with great service and on top it, a megaship to explore when you want :) From fellow cruisers I have heard that the YC is comparable with the luxury lines out there.

Here are some photos from our last YC cruise on Preziosa:

Top Sail Lounge:

DSC02003_zpsece728b0.jpg

The One Pool:

DSC01980_zpsdc5f8ee0.jpg

The One Pooldeck, the bar and buffet is on the opposite side:

DSC02146_zps2d861905.jpg

Specifically, drinks obtained in the Yacht Club. Drinks elsewhere on the ship, and gelato, are not included in the Yacht Club price - which I think is a shame as you are paying a much higher premium and it gives just a little bit more flexibility.

I agree. When I asked MSC why YC pax could not have drinks, coffees, & gelato served anywhere on the ship included in our price, I was told the system had been taken advantage of by treating non-YC'ers to drinks, etc. so now we all suffer because of that.

I agree. When I asked MSC why YC pax could not have drinks, coffees, & gelato served anywhere on the ship included in our price, I was told the system had been taken advantage of by treating non-YC'ers to drinks, etc. so now we all suffer because of that.

But surely those on all inclusive drinks packages could conceivably do the same? Isn't it up to the staff to ensure it isn't being taken advantage of?

I'm sure you will have a fab cruise. We have cruised four times in YC and we have just booked our fifth, a B2B from Miami. We simply love it, a luxury, quiet enclave with great service and on top it, a megaship to explore when you want :) From fellow cruisers I have heard that the YC is comparable with the luxury lines out there.

Here are some photos from our last YC cruise on Preziosa:

Top Sail Lounge:

DSC02003_zpsece728b0.jpg

The One Pool:

DSC01980_zpsdc5f8ee0.jpg

The One Pooldeck, the bar and buffet is on the opposite side:

DSC02146_zps2d861905.jpg

Looks fabulous! I can't wait - thank you for sharing!

Pete - for future reference the Allegrisimo is charged at 44$ a night - even for UK passengers. :confused:

That makes it even better then to Go Yc instead of a B3 !!!!!!!:D:D:D

The $44pppn is for USA Only

European cruises are still £20pppn

RECALCULATION

interestingly the B3 cabin is £839.20 ($1385) but that would need to add the allegrisimo package on to be comparable to a YC1

Allegrismo is £26.66 per day ($44)

So 14 x £26.66 = £373.24 ($616)

Total cost of B3 is £839.20 + £373.24 = £1212.44($2000.56)

So would you pay £999.20 ($1649) and get the drinks, butlers, priorities, exclusives etc. or, £1212.44 ($2000.56) for cabin + drinks and NO PERKS

£213.24 ($351.85) more for an awful lot less!!!!:mad::mad:

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Some more questions on yacht club:

1. If you order room service in the yacht club is it customary

to tip the person delivering it to your room ?

2. What is the size of the TV in your yacht club cabin and is it

any larger than a regular cabin ?

Thanks,

SAL

Thanks to all here for the information. Pete...why do you multiply the daily drinks cost by 14?

I rang msc today and we can upgrade to yacht Club for €1100. I am seriously tempted but it's a lot of money!:rolleyes:

Advice?

The example he is using is for a 14 night sailing.

Edited by AmoMondo

New question

My darling hubby wants to know if the Preziosa still has a cigar lounge. He's a bit of a fan of a whiskey and cigar. Also, what whiskeys are available in Yacht Club without paying additional?

The included whiskeys listed in the bar menu are Johnnie Walker Red, Jameson's Irish, and Canadian Club. Other premium ones are for purchase. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
While he's calculating what the Allegrissimo package will cost for 14 nights, the Yacht Club price of £999.20 could not possibly apply to a 14 night cruise, could it?

Apparently yes. Have a look at the screenshot he posted and that is what the details on the right say.

Apparently yes. Have a look at the screenshot he posted and that is what the details on the right say.

Thanks - I should have read that first before posting. I wonder what "MSC Clubcard discount applied correctly" at the top of the listings means? Mind you, even if that includes Black Card membership discount of 20%, it's still an awesome price for Yacht Club! Fair dues to Pete - in that example it certainly would make more sense to book YC. It's such a pity you have to pay for drinks in other areas of the ship if you want to sit in one of the music lounges and enjoy the entertainment in the evening.

Thanks - I should have read that first before posting. I wonder what "MSC Clubcard discount applied correctly" at the top of the listings means? Mind you, even if that includes Black Card membership discount of 20%, it's still an awesome price for Yacht Club! Fair dues to Pete - in that example it certainly would make more sense to book YC. It's such a pity you have to pay for drinks in other areas of the ship if you want to sit in one of the music lounges and enjoy the entertainment in the evening.

It means it includes the club discount at the level the poster has. Don't think he's black yet but would not be surprised if he were gold.

It means it includes the club discount at the level the poster has. Don't think he's black yet but would not be surprised if he were gold.

I am in fact Black and so the 20% discount has been applied, but even if you are gold the price for 14 nights is really good £1249 (£89.21 pppd) and a B3 balcony would be £1048.75.