Liberty late departure today

nivek82

Cruise Critic can often scare the pants off you! If you use Cruise Critic's advice, and properly plan, you will be just fine!

We self disembarked this morning from Liberty of the Seas. We had a 10:55 a.m. flight out of FLL. I read and read the boards before cruising and they scared me to death. I took their advice, and it was the absolute EASIEST disembarkation I have ever had.

My son timed it on his phone from the moment we lined up in Studio B. 28 minutes and we were in a taxi.

We lined up at 7:20 a.m. after having Windjammer breakfast. Windjammer opened at 6 a.m. We took the elevator down to floor 3 with our luggage. You aren't able to take the elevator back down to floor 1. So you must carry your luggage for 2 flights of stairs. And through the winding lines. No big deal at all.

We were at the airport a little after 8:00. Easy! We were way early for our 10:55 a.m. flight.

Cruise Critic often makes me stress about things. Use the information wisely that is given, and you will do just fine like us! Enjoy your cruise.

I'm glad you had a good experience. I was just posting what I was seeing and hearing and not trying to cause panic. If your family had waited an extra hour you would of seen what I saw.

When we came back off our TA on the Liberty in 2011, we had an 8:30 Post cruise tour, met in the Schooner Bar at 8 and were off the ship and curbside after 11 AM. Fortunately we had a 3:30 flight and made it but many never made their flights. We talked to some of our roll call members who said they didn't get off until noon. 2 to 3 extra buses were called in to take some 200 post cruise tour passengers back to the airport. It was a mess. It was such a log jam onboard, people were riding the elevators because they couldn't get out of them.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Just off the Liberty and I must say I really hate the terminal the ship is using!

To get on, the gangway had what looked like a 45 degree climb to the ship. I knew there was a delay getting on the ship but the outside of the terminal had a bad layout in general. Bags are left outside on carts then taken around the outside to the ship. Everyone is walking around these carts and they are not secured. The cab/shuttle drop off is far away from the terminal entrance, causing you to walk through the carts of luggage and the forklifts picking them up.

Did express check out and it's also really long walk.

I did the Freedom when it was in Port of Miami and that was 100% better.

This time the whole embarkation/ disembarkation process reminded me of the way Carnival does things.