Build a bear, for adults?

Mineka_C

Likely an odd question, but....

Last year on the splendor there was a build a bear workshop, but it was in circle c(or one of the other non-adult clubs) so even though I wanted to go I opted not to.

We`re leaving on the Sunshine in Feb and I was wondering three things:

1. Does Sunshine have a build a bear workshop?

2. Is it in one of the under adult clubs?

3. How out of place/weird/can I even? Go and build one?

I know it sounds odd, at twenty-eight, but I like to get plushies from each cruise, and since I got a Freddie on the first one, I`d love to "make" one.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Likely an odd question, but....

Last year on the splendor there was a build a bear workshop, but it was in circle c(or one of the other non-adult clubs) so even though I wanted to go I opted not to.

We`re leaving on the Sunshine in Feb and I was wondering three things:

1. Does Sunshine have a build a bear workshop?

2. Is it in one of the under adult clubs?

3. How out of place/weird/can I even? Go and build one?

I know it sounds odd, at twenty-eight, but I like to get plushies from each cruise, and since I got a Freddie on the first one, I`d love to "make" one.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Your best bet would be to try one of the Build a Bears which require parents to be there. (usually for the younger children 2-5)Other adults will be there and you won't look too out of place weird, strange, dangerous etc. Otherwise, I don't think adults are allowed as it is almost always held in conjunction with the Camp.

Edited by Herbaltees

Since it's fairly common for parents to accompany their children in the build a bear workshop, I don't think it would be out of place for you to go. However, it might seem less weird if you were accompanied by a child. Or maybe you could share a table with a family. At the very least, talk to a Camp Carnival counselor ahead of time about it.

Edited by beachbum53

The build a bear event is always a Camp Carnival event. I know adults have done it alone, but as a parent I don't care for it. It's a children's event, an adult alone doesn't belong, and you're taking a spot away from a child/family to make their bear.

The build a bear event is always a Camp Carnival event. I know adults have done it alone, but as a parent I don't care for it. It's a children's event, an adult alone doesn't belong, and you're taking a spot away from a child/family to make their bear.

My opinion, if an adult wants to build a bear as a surprise for a grandchild back home then I see nothing wrong. Just my two cents.

My kids have done a build a bear on each of our cruises. They come in a box with the stuffing and everything included. If you need more stuffing, they have it there. Some of the workshops are packed, but other times we are the only ones there. If you want to get a box and go, I'm sure that would be allowed.

There were also lone adults at the one my DD and I attended. There was no one taking anyone else's seats, there were plenty. If there was a line for seats, then taking it to your cabin would be an option, OP. However, saying a lone adult doesn't belong at an adult attended function with kids in mind is liking saying adults don't belong in toy stores or the real build a bear shops. I think if you want to go OP, then go. It's your cruise too. Some of the lone adults I chatted with were making new friends for their kids/grandkids to have upon return, others for their furry house mates or themselves lol. If stuffed critters are what you collect from vacations to remember them by, then by all means go and enjoy. :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

There were also lone adults at the one my DD and I attended. There was no one taking anyone else's seats, there were plenty. If there was a line for seats, then taking it to your cabin would be an option, OP. However, saying a lone adult doesn't belong at an adult attended function with kids in mind is liking saying adults don't belong in toy stores or the real build a bear shops. I think if you want to go OP, then go. It's your cruise too. Some of the lone adults I chatted with were making new friends for their kids/grandkids to have upon return, others for their furry house mates or themselves lol. If stuffed critters are what you collect from vacations to remember them by, then by all means go and enjoy. :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I certainly don't mean to make any of the parents uncomfortable by being there.

But I would love to have a plush to remeber the trip by, my husband tells me that when our daughter is born its going to be hard because I'm going to have to sharethe stuffed animals that we purchase.

My young adult daughter likes to do this as well. Usually it is in Camp Carnival and we go up, she picks what she wants and we take the kit back to our cabin and put it together. We have stayed and done it in the Camp on occasion also.

I do recall once or twice (most recently on Legend/Dream), where they sold the kits in a small area off the atrium.... Again she picked what she wanted and completed it in the cabin.

Nothing odd about it..... They are cute!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am 33 years old and last year when we were on the Carnival Freedom I went to one of the Build-A-Bear workshops. It was held in the Camp Carnival. Prior to the event I had asked a camp counselor if I could attend and they said absolutely.

To the OP go and enjoy the build-a-bear because it is your cruise too. Have Fun....by the way I made a cute little dog

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've done the Build A Bear twice and both times I was over age 40. My husband was a little uncomfortable, but I had a great time. My adult daughter went both times too. It was a lot of fun. Nobody had a problem with us being there at all.

Just like the Build-A-Bear on land, it is for anybody who wants to pay.

They hold it in Camp Carnival because it's generally the kids who want to do it, but anyone is welcome.

As a parent, I don't find it odd and wouldn't look at you weird for being there stuffing a bear next to my child. I may make a joke out of it, but just in good fun.

Enjoy your bear. :)