WOW sale - what's next?

In the current WOW sale there is an offer of a obc, for special bookings until 28 february. Because we want to book an interior stateroom the offer isn't worth for us. These staterooms are excluded from the current WOW sale.

But what should we do? Waiting for next WOW sale, hoping that there's a better offer for us (e.g. obc for all kind of staterooms, gratuities included, ...)?

Nobody knows, but what do you think, will be offered next? And when? :D

We booked a Jr. Suite on The Navigator for the week of November 2, 2014. With the special pricing and my Diamond Discount my cost was $765 and my sister's price was $990. This was before their WOW sale offering up to a $300 OBC.

We did a dummy booking to see if we could cancel the cruise and rebook it, for either the week before or the week after Nov 2nd and the same Jr. Suite would cost us over $1200 each just to get a $300 OBC.

Sometimes those WOW sales just doesn't have that WOW factor.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Hmmm, this is an interesting experience.

Last year we booked a low-priced offer incl. gratuity for both of us during a wow sale. Because of that we hope that there will be a similar offer in the next few weeks.

But nobody seems to know what comes next and whether it is worth the wait?

In the UK RCI are now offering £300 off a 14 night cruise but also say this has been taken off the display price already !!!! I cannot recall th prices being £300 more so is this really an offer or not ?

They could say £2000 has been taken off the display price if they wanted if it hasn't been shown at this higher price on the website.

I am new to RCI and think these sales are not really anything special.

We booked a Jr. Suite on The Navigator for the week of November 2, 2014. With the special pricing and my Diamond Discount my cost was $765 and my sister's price was $990. This was before their WOW sale offering up to a $300 OBC.

We did a dummy booking to see if we could cancel the cruise and rebook it, for either the week before or the week after Nov 2nd and the same Jr. Suite would cost us over $1200 each just to get a $300 OBC.

Sometimes those WOW sales just doesn't have that WOW factor.

This was same for us. We booked GS in October, and when I saw WOW with no lookup, I did mock booking too. The price of GS went up $125 pp, so $250 and when you factored in increased taxes, I think we would have gotten about $40 net in our favor. Not really worth it to us. Although, the current price is still fairly good for the GS, and if we had not booked so far in advance, I would have jumped all over it for the OBC. I wish we had more vacation time, so we could book another cruise :)

New to Royal (been cruising Carnival). Was looking at a 5 day RCCL cruise over Thanksgiving (well, it ends on Thanksgiving day...it's 11/22 on Brilliance). It doesn't seem to be part of the sale. Will there be another sale in the near future that might include this cruise (and we'd likely book oceanview)? Also, if I were to book it on another online site, would that mean that I could not call and ask questions of RCCL? One big travel site is offering OBC right now...I'd get $100 for a cabin total over $1000 (or something like that) and $50 for lower. I'd need 2 cabins for my family, so I'd end up with, possibly, $150 OBC.

New to Royal (been cruising Carnival). Was looking at a 5 day RCCL cruise over Thanksgiving (well, it ends on Thanksgiving day...it's 11/22 on Brilliance). It doesn't seem to be part of the sale. Will there be another sale in the near future that might include this cruise (and we'd likely book oceanview)? Also, if I were to book it on another online site, would that mean that I could not call and ask questions of RCCL? One big travel site is offering OBC right now...I'd get $100 for a cabin total over $1000 (or something like that) and $50 for lower. I'd need 2 cabins for my family, so I'd end up with, possibly, $150 OBC.

Depends on the question. If you're booked with a travel agent, Royal won't talk to you about things like price drops, payments, stateroom changes, cancelling the cruise, changing the cruise date, etc. However, they will talk to you about specialty dining reservations, excursions, drink packages, special dietary needs, etc.

Depends on the question. If you're booked with a travel agent, Royal won't talk to you about things like price drops, payments, stateroom changes, cancelling the cruise, changing the cruise date, etc. However, they will talk to you about specialty dining reservations, excursions, drink packages, special dietary needs, etc.

So, if I book at another online travel site...is that considered a TA? If I want to switch cabins or question rates, I can't call RCCL?