Parking at Port Canaveral Pier

dinmd

How is security at the Port? We will be beginning a 4 wk trip in the Orlando area with a cruise and do not want to carry all that luggage on board. Do you think it is safe enough to leave the rest of our luggage in the car? We are only going on a three night cruise. Thanks :)

The parking garage is really convenient to the Disney Cruise Terminal.

We parked our vehicle there and went on a 7 night cruise and our car wasn't touched. I think that they have security at Port Canaveral, and things were 'ship shape' as they say!

Hope this helps-

How is security at the Port? We will be beginning a 4 wk trip in the Orlando area with a cruise and do not want to carry all that luggage on board. Do you think it is safe enough to leave the rest of our luggage in the car? We are only going on a three night cruise. Thanks :)

We did the same thing - took a 3-night cruise as part of a longer vacation, and left most of our luggage in the car. The parking is in a multi-story garage structure, and they have guards. It looked safe, and our car was undisturbed. It's also really convenient to the terminal, where there is a lot of security. I wouldn't hesitate to leave stuff in the car again.

Park at port, or off site, hum .....

:D

:D

This created all kinds of local flack. See comments.

I don't see anything in the comments about the off site guy that took a parking patrons Corvette that was parked at an off site lot and drove it around, even putting the covertable top down and loading lumber in it. That was all over the news too. Just saying...

Just my opinion but I never us those off site parking places anymore. Did it at the Orlando airport area once and when I went to pick up my car they had given the keys to someone else. Wasn't that fun? I'll always pay the higher fee at the port parking (and keep my keys with me) for peace of mind.

Yes, I know that break-ins could happen at the port parking too but I find it to be more secure, so less likely.

Like I said, just my opinion.

I park at the port. They are by far the most secure place to park in that area. Personally I don't think most of the offsite lots are very secure.

At the airport I use a secure park and fly place where I take my keys. I feel it is quite a bit more secure than long term parking at MCO.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Each off site lot should be evaluated separately. Some are good (lighted, fenced, park yourself and keep the keys, great shuttle service) and some deserve all the bad press they get.

Parking at the port is totally secure--fenced, guarded, lighted, you park it yourself and keep keys, etc. But it is costly.

Lighted and fenced but no security, especially overnight. That also goes for some of the local hotels that offer park and cruise. While rare, there have been reports of break ins in hotel parking lots and some of the offsite places. I have never heard of that type of situation at the port.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

My friend (someone I really know personally) claims that her car was broken into while parked at the Radisson lot. At that time it was a huge open lot behind the hotel--may have changed since then. We had no problem in the same lot.

But again, the only problem I've ever seen reported at the terminal parking is bugs when people left food in their car.

FYI, DCL has nothing to do with parking at the terminal. It is totally run by the Port Authority.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks everyone. We are planning on parking at the terminal. I have heard too many sad stories of offsite parking.

It's soooo convenient. It's priceless, .... a Visa Moment. :p

If it's raining park on level 3 and use the pax bridge.

Enjoy

We have used Park and Cruise 4 times without a problem. Park, take your keys, hop on a shuttle, exit at passenger drop off. On return longest wait for shuttle was 10 minutes. Half of the cost of port parking. Make reservation on-line. They are located at the last exit of the 'Beach Line' before the port.

We have used Park and Cruise 4 times without a problem. Park, take your keys, hop on a shuttle, exit at passenger drop off. On return longest wait for shuttle was 10 minutes. Half of the cost of port parking. Make reservation on-line. They are located at the last exit of the 'Beach Line' before the port.

This is our favorite place also. NORMAL cost with on line reservation was $6.99 per day (vs. $15 per day at the port) and they have occasional specials as low as $4.99 per day. Fenced, lighted, good service, easy shuttle.

I believe it is $1 more if you don't have an advance reservation and they do fill up. You don't want to arrive and find no room at the inn.

You park your own car and take your keys with you.

The Radisson lot HAS INDEED CHANGED and upgraded their security. Its also not directly behind the hotel (unless you stay there, I suppose. We haven't though.) We used it twice this year with no problems. I intend to use it again in May. As the website points out, they have 24/7 security and it is gated. I CANNOT STAND TO PAY FULL PRICE for these cruise terminals. Its like parking at the airport, just ridiculous mark ups.

If the OP wants to compare, they can go to http://www.parkportcanaveral.com and see all the security offerings. I have a 4 day cruise coming up in may, we used them twice in Feb/Mar and April and had land trips in addition (as we will in May) and will have the added benefit of leaving our extra things in the vehicle as well.

I live near the port .. if you want the long story of parking at the port read on . . .

I use Park N Cruise when I cruise an average of 2 times a year out of Canaveral. On my last use, we were at the terminal 15 minutes after parking, and the shuttle was waiting when we left the ship, departed within 5 minutes with another on its heels. No extra fees (altho tips are welcome) {mostly we take 4 day trips and the off site parking is about the same as a taxi would run . . .}

In general break ins are pretty rare around here. This is 'small town' not big city. PnC is fenced and well lit with video surv'lnce ... and right next to 528. I drove by Sunday and they were FULL.

Park Port Canaveral, across the street from the Radisson, is using a fenced area behind an empty office building that was formerly offices for Space USA ... the space shuttle support contract company ... now vacant offices. They share the shuttles with the Radisson and there have been occasional issues with that . . . Altho they OWN a bunch of buses and vans, how many they have drivers to actually RUN on a given day has come up. This is why I use PnC ... but if PnC was full, I'd go here. Either are WAY less cost than the port and add little time wise (usually ... IME)

The parking in the port IS patrolled by the Port Canaveral police ..... who are responsible for the entire port. Better than Sheriff and or Cape Canaveral who are responsible for the other places?????

There WAS a very unscrupulous company running a parking facility a couple of years ago (when the whole off site parking for the port began) that was caught on great video by a TV station driving people's cars (a 'vette ... great video). They were not around long and long gone. P n C and Park PC both have you take your keys with you.

On the other hand when the port's video about parking (link above) was leaked they back pedaled BIG TIME and said they never intended for THAT video to be made???? This was after a study advised the port was loosing BIG $$ due to empty parking spaces, primarily due to low cost off site parking. Subsequently the port tried to get a zoning change to prohibit paid parking lots in the area (failed) ..... and more recently has begun offering "pre-pay reservations" which implies you NEED a reservation else you won't get a space ... far from the truth but creative approach. And if you already pre-paid you won't be tempted by the signs offering less $ parking as you approach the port . . .

This is the data .... digest as you wish. In Miami I've had bad experience with off site parking but here in PC I happily save a few dollars. It buys one more FooFoo drink for the Mrs.

Edited by Capt_BJ