How sexy do ladies dress on formal night?

sweettxgal

Sorry I am not very curvy, but this is my go to sexy long dress (no back)for formal, and short dress, semi formal, on Celebrity.

Cheers, h.

11455116424_7c3e5e8cb8_n.jpg11455152644_9690501423_n.jpg

Cute!

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I always dress sexy on cruises with my husband. I'm dressing for him no one else. Go shopping together and find something you both like it gets the vacation excitement going. I always carry a light sweater/wrap so I can add it if I need to. Happy cruising

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Smallfamily,

Usually my guy knows what I am going to wear, but for the long dress I posted above, I just told him I had a new dress and to wait in the bar. He really enjoyed the surprise, we even had pics taken of us with me in a half, looking back, turn on the main staircase to show the backless back!

Some times it is nice to surprise:D

Cheers, h.

Thanks for the 'cute' Ducklite.

I noticed a lot of them were "prom" dresses. If you are not of prom age, get something more appropriate. A plus sized woman (which I am) looks ridiculous in something geared for a young woman in great shape.

Edited by Ethel5

dress however you like.. someone can dress very sexy and tasteful or someone can dress very sexy and trashy. be sure the dress fits correctly (too tight ain't sexy). which style dress I would recommend would depend on how tall you are. plus if you are going to put up hair 'up' or wear it down.

the first one in particular is very sexy.. make him wait for the show.

http://curvediva.com/plus-size-desert-rain-maxi-dress-black

8332841Xdb74eRvL.jpg

this one is great if you can pull it off..

http://curvediva.com/plus-size-sexy-black-cocktail-maxi-dress

4457631QnDjoMQlL.jpg

I'm 5' 1" so most of the models will be taller than me. I haven't decided for sure about hair up/down. What dress style do you think fits with each hair style.

I like both dresses. Although I already have one similar to #1 except maybe not quite as low of a v. #2 is also very nice I'm a DD so I'd just have to see how it fit.

What do you think about color do you think these same styles in a red/burgundy would push the sexy factor to far?

I liked all the dresses, the blue one was really pretty. I'd wear a wrap with them or at least take one in case the dining room is cold, or worse you end up with the air duct blowing on You.

Also consider trying the fashion board, there's plenty of talk about dresses there.

Edited by hansolosmom

oh, oh, hair up for formal night in a wonderful long dress. Then the mmmmmm of letting him take it down and run his fingers through it at the end of the night.....OK I am an old romantic.

I would do the last or 2nd to the last in the link posts, they look like they will fit a good bra under, you may have to go strapless. The other 3 are ok but don't work for me because I think they will not give your bust a good shape. Of the 2 in the pictures the one without sleeves with a nice pashmina.

I am planning the romantic evening right down to the bubbly here.

Cheers, h.

Edited by middlehaitch

I liked all the dresses, the blue one was really pretty. I'd wear a wrap with them or at least take one in case the dining room is cold, or worse you end up with the air duct blowing on You.

Also consider trying the fashion board, there's plenty of talk about dresses there.

I agree with the wrap idea and the folks over on the fashion board are really good at helping with accessorizing as well.

Swettxgal -- every picture you posted is tasteful. Wear whichever makes your DH's heart beat faster & have a great time.

When you say overly sexy stuff I think more like this:

https://www.hotmiamistyles.com/Black_Lace_Nude_Illusion_Plunging_V_Neck_Strapless_p/k1726%20black%20(b).htm

http://www.forplaycatalog.com/Agrinio---Tank-mini-dress-with-criss-cross-waistline/883753/Product

Edited by trish1c

This isn't Vegas.

I have never seen anybody on a cruise in formalwear that I considered scandalous.

If you're happy & all the bits are covered, wear what you like.

There's a thread on the fashion board called post a picture of your formal wear. That may help you.

Have you never seen the chain mail dress?:D She had another one that covered more but still did not leave much to the imagination. I always found it rather humorous that he was fully dressed in suit, shirt, and tie.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chain+mail+dress+cruise&qpvt=chain+mail+dress+cruise&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=9FE105F999E42986D33686A148949B8D60F09EB0&selectedIndex=0

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chain+mail+dress+cruise&qpvt=chain+mail+dress+cruise&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=0A90F1D39AC82A81BC608F626B38E275EFFEE360&selectedIndex=1

Who are they trying to kid with that second dress. Looks like a size 6 model/mannequin and it says plus size. False advertising if I ever saw it.

She also needs a bra. Who makes a mannequin with droopy girls? Weird.

They all look fine. Don't let people on this forum tell you how to dress. You're an adult and you dress yourself.:)

She asked for opinions. :rolleyes:

It should not matter what others think. If cleavage will bother you then don't wear it.

It's not just about cleavage. You can show very little skin and still have crossed from sexy to trashy.

I wondered how long it would before the fashion police would show.. if you are conformable wearing it and hubby likes it ignore all these old foagies

She was asking for opinions which tells me she was not 100% comfortable with it.

go for it girl

but please don't over do it

I've seen some scary outfits on ladies .... if you are 70 and try to dress 18 ... things tend to go bad FAST . . . .

WARNING

research your particular cruise/line/ship

formal night on some ships now means absolutely nothing, on some ship less than 10% of folks dress up for formal night . . . if you will be comfortable in your fancies while everyone else is in flip-flops, ignore this comment

I dress up a bit for formal nite and if DW wants to get the nite underway ... I'm cool with that no matter WHAT the others say . . .

shameless.jpg

Wonderful photo. :)

Thanks for sharing with us.