"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Where do you get the form to sign over the on board booking bonus to another agency.

As I think was answered (partly). YOU don't need the form; the TAs get them. But there are TWO forms if you bought a NCC with an agent assigned on it (as was my original comment). In that case the agent of "record" need to fill one out to transfer out and the new one needs to fill one out to transfer in.

Again, my post was an alert to anyone planning to buy one. If you want NO TA listed on yoyr cert (recommended as you may find a better deal), then LOOK for the box to check to have it NOT assigned. And BEFORE you leave the ship (too late after!) make sure the Loyalty Agent (actually more loyal to RCI than you :rolleyes:) confirms that NO agent will be listed on the Cert.

We learned our lesson the hard way.

Steve

A bunch of people asked about the dinner menus, so here they are

The classics stay the same every night, so I will not be posting those from this point forward.

Lisa

Siince I scanned our 11 day Planner (with activities and notes on Formal nights etc) for two other roll calls, I thought I'd share here too.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f36l86u3ikbp1ph/ePqO8GLqdQ

Steve

I decided to call RCI again this morning before I put the issue of having RCI automatically assign the FCC to the agency you used this time and got the answer. YOU can cange it NOW to have no agency listed.

Here is link to the form:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

You can complete and should check the box that says "I Was not fully satisfied with the sales....."

You should state that you wish to have it issued with NO agency and send to RCI.

When you book your next cruise you have 60 days to assign it to your agent.

As I said before - we USUALLY use the same agent but not always and go with the one who offers the "best deal"

Hope this helps others.

Steve

A bunch of people asked about the dinner menus, so here they are...Day 1:

P1010476_zps2c26a842.jpg

P1010477_zps3f0ff87d.jpg

P1010478_zps25c7c765.jpg

P1010479_zpsc78f4a43.jpg

P1010480_zps48e5ef47.jpg

The classics stay the same every night, so I will not be posting those from this point forward.

Lisa

No prime rib on day 1? Do they ever serve it? Bummer!!!

New to the site, but not to cruising! We're fellow fun-loving Texans, truly enjoyed reading your live reviews of the smaller Legend! :)

Gary & Peggy

Well, Howdy Friends! Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it. :D This site is an incredible resource...I am still learning new things and I have been on here for 8 years.

Lisa

Edited by RedHeadTexan

Thank you Lisa! My DH and I were on the same cruise and are now suffering PCD in FREEZING Ottawa. I've finally had a chance to read your "live" reports and it was fun re-living our trip, right down the the pre-cruise water taxi day with lunch at Briney's (we did that too- the day before you and Walt!). We found the staff to be extremely friendly and always available and ready to assist. I can't think of much to complain about aside from being forced out of our cabin so someone else could get in there (sigh).

We left Fort Lauderdale on a 6pm flight and as we took off, I noticed that Legend was still docked. According to the port schedule she was due to leave at 4:30pm. Does anyone know what caused the delay?

New to the site, but not to cruising! We're fellow fun-loving Texans, truly enjoyed reading your live reviews of the smaller Legend! :)

Gary & Peggy

Well, Howdy Friends! Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it. :D This site is an incredible resource...I am still learning new things and I have been on here for 8 years.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa - and sorry you guys were sick for part of the cruise - despite that it sounds like you had a good cruise - probably because it seems you have really good attitudes! :)

(And just noticed you were Texans, but are now Tennesseans! Did I spell that correctly?)

Gary & Peggy

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Lisa, the cruise is going well. Have not heard f anyone getting sick. Very windy. Expecting 28mph winds in st. Maarten tomorrow. Going to Orient Bay anyway. Maybe it will blow away the Mosquitos. Eating at chops three times! Izuma once and chef's table once. Should be fun. I have been following your posts, and they are great. I am not posting anything you are talking about like food and menus, as this is your site and I ll only post something new, like when taking a shower on the Legend it is a good idea to get the chair towel clips and hang them at the bottom of the shower curtain. This will keep the curtain from attacking and sticking to the butt.

I cannot remember if you posted this idea we talked about during our cruise. I personally cannot understand why this ship is so stable in what I think is rough water. RUMOR:: several long time workers on the Legend told me RCCL is selling the legend 3/15. I know people are booking past that date, but crew has been told to look to other ships. Again this is a rumor as told by 4 crew. I personally do not think it will happen, but this is an old ship, and fights to produce the WOW experience. H

Lisa, the cruise is going well. Have not heard f anyone getting sick. Very windy. Expecting 28mph winds in st. Maarten tomorrow. Going to Orient Bay anyway. Maybe it will blow away the Mosquitos. Eating at chops three times! Izuma once and chef's table once. Should be fun. I have been following your posts, and they are great. I am not posting anything you are talking about like food and menus, as this is your site and I ll only post something new, like when taking a shower on the Legend it is a good idea to get the chair towel clips and hang them at the bottom of the shower curtain. This will keep the curtain from attacking and sticking to the butt.

I cannot remember if you posted this idea we talked about during our cruise. I personally cannot understand why this ship is so stable in what I think is rough water. RUMOR:: several long time workers on the Legend told me RCCL is selling the legend 3/15. I know people are booking past that date, but crew has been told to look to other ships. Again this is a rumor as told by 4 crew. I personally do not think it will happen, but this is an old ship, and fights to produce the WOW experience. H

I think we talked about my Angry Birds chair clips at dinner. They did a great job taming the unruly shower curtain in our bathroom. I am glad that the ship is still stable in the rough seas. Walt and I were surprised at how smooth our sailing was in spite of the pounding seas. I hope you had a great day in St Maarten...can't wait to go there later this year.

Lisa